fair trade for mcintosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
asked this before.
what about pick 31 to north, mcintosh to geelong and dawson simpson to richmond. would both parties be happy with this. not sure my mob would be though. not sure i am.

I'd be OK with it. Not sure Simpson would be, though. He's a better chance of getting the #1 ruck role at Geelong at some stage than overtaking Maric.

It has a lot of relevance. I would rather have McIntosh any day of the week than a spud who can't take a chest mark. Simply makes the calls of pick 36 and an exchange of late draft picks more ludicrous.
He is 29 next season, coming off an injury and has a large salary. How many times does this need to be said to you Nth supporters before it gets in your brains???

Atleast we now know that North aren't willing to accept 36 for Hamish. Because North asked about 15 from Geelong and short answer was no (Source Donald McDonald), so that means that Geelong were likely offering pick #36, which would of been done by now if North wanted it.

So the conclusion that has to be made is North are either waiting for Geelong to get a pick in the middle of the two, or North are asking for a player along with #36 that satisfies them. All in all I'm happy with this, means the reports that Geelong were offering their 3rd rounder and North were asking for their 2nd rounder is bogus.

Either way I'm all good because Donald McDonald stated that we're fine with keeping Mcintosh is the right trade isn't there, and that's what I like to hear. At the least we're getting something a little better than pick #36 which is about his worth I think. #15 is too high yes, but I like the fact that we asked for it.
You have that wrong. Geelong offered the third rounder (55 or something), Nth wants the second rounder (36). Will be somewhere between that.

He is 29 next season, coming off an injury and has a large salary. How many times does this need to be said to you Nth supporters before it gets in your brains???

No he will 28 throughout the entire 2013 season and turns 29 prior to the 2014 season.

In 3 years he will be 30. In 5 years he will be the same age as Dean Cox.

If Dawes is worth 20 & 45. McIntosh is worth Pick 15 on its own.

As that won't happen, It will end up Pick 35 & McIntosh for Pick 15. Or Pick 36 & Mitch Brown.

They are the only 2 trades I can see happening.

I can see this happening...

Geelong: Give: Pick 36, Gilles Get: HMac
North: Give: HMac, Campbell Get: Jacobs
Port: Give: Jacobs Get: Pick 36, Gilles, Campbell

North supporters are going to shred you.

I could see this being a 3 way though, you'd think Hinkley would have an eye on a few of the guys from our VFL team that are tradeable.

North supporters are going to shred you.

I could see this being a 3 way though, you'd think Hinkley would have an eye on a few of the guys from our VFL team that are tradeable.

Nah, I'm alright with it. Campbell has no value. McIntosh for Jacobs is OK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott Lucas is a bit silly, what Melbourne paid for Dawes has no relevance to any other trade.
Exactly, trading has everything to do with how willing clubs are to retain/let go of players. It's not like Geelong would have given pick 20 for Dawes if they'd had it.

Personally, I prefer we let HMac play out his contract than take pick 36, but I dare say the club feels differently. Sounds like we'll know shortly.

Now it's been announced, can Nor and Geelong fans please switch sides on his awesomeness/age and injuries?

Report is the mooted 36 and exchange of other picks. Probably not finalized until all the FA compo picks are settled tomorrow, like everything else.

For all your McIntosh discussion, head over to the confirmed trade thread.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back