Mega Thread Farewell our Champs - Boomer, Drew, Spud & NDS all gone at season's end

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't seen much talk about Nahas being delisted. I thought he was playing quite well, wasn't he? :huh:

I've had a gut full. Danced around this for far too long. Drew and Boomer are being completely pathetic at this moment. Compare with Spud.

Every day since the announcement Drew and Boomer have tarnished their own legacy and for what? One year somewhere to uproot their families? Grow up. Drop the bullshit. You should have retired gracefully after you got the tough news. (It is too late for that anyway). How hard would it have been to say "it was a tough call, I don't agree with it, I am grateful to this great club and I am announcing my retirement as a one club player"?

FFS.

Come at me.

Last edited:

LOL at NDS being included in this group as "champs". Best forgotten than celebrated.

Spud has been awesome. Top bloke - as Drew is (shame he can't let it go though).

Last edited:
No not this year. Turn over merchant and momentum killer. Not on his own though with our skills in general!

Ah, that's a shame, I thought he was doing better than that. :(

I've also seen some mentions about how Boomer has been acting a bit childish about the delisting or something along those lines, what has exactly happened?

Ah, that's a shame, I thought he was doing better than that. :(

I've also seen some mentions about how Boomer has been acting a bit childish about the delisting or something along those lines, what has exactly happened?

3a9d3ffe741da036a644430033689d64.jpg

Currently working on this painting. Just to say thanks to the guys for all the memories - good & bad -, they have given me over the last 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3a9d3ffe741da036a644430033689d64.jpg

Currently working on this painting. Just to say thanks to the guys for all the memories - good & bad -, they have given me over the last 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice effort that, are you waiting to paint Boomers stripes black before you finish it ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm. Enright waited till after the season then announced his retirement. Could be the same for Bartel and Matthew Boyd.
They didn't selfishly derail their club's finals campaign.
Nice culture North. Good strength from the top.

Usually I want retirees to stay around. This year I hope the club has a genuine fresh start with different faces and voices. Good luck to the boys wherever else they wind up.

Hmm. Enright waited till after the season then announced his retirement. Could be the same for Bartel and Matthew Boyd.
They didn't selfishly derail their club's finals campaign.
Nice culture North. Good strength from the top.

It's interesting as I was initially very supportive of the club for announcing the news in advance, due purely that is was the players pushing for it and it would grant an opportunity for a send off and that they deserved that luxury.

But I've since completely changed on that considering 3 out of the 4 have sooked to various degrees since being given the news (especially Boomer) with less than subtle pot shots at club, whilst at the same time it derailed an already very shaky finals campaign completely.

I wish in hindsight we just had of told them to shut up and that decisions won't be disclosed or haven't been made due to finals and the club coming first over players.

Last edited:
It's interesting as I was initially very supportive of the club for announcing the news in advance, due purely that is was the players pushing for it and it would grant an opportunity for a send off and that they deserved that luxury.

But I've since completely changed on that considering 3 out of the 4 have sooked to various degrees since being given the news (especially Boomer) with less than subtle pot shots at club, whilst at the same time their behavior derailing our finals campaign completely.

I wish in hindsight we just had of told them to shut up and that decisions won't be disclosed or haven't been made due to the club coming first over players.

Yep. They weren't just demanding a decision before round 23.
It seems they were demanding a favourable decision.
Pathetic.

Usually I want retirees to stay around. This year I hope the club has a genuine fresh start with different faces and voices. Good luck to the boys wherever else they wind up.

I'd be happy for Mickey to have a part time job at the club, but the others can try their luck where ever they want, hopefully at the Flogs.

Yep. They weren't just demanding a decision before round 23.
It seems they were demanding a favourable decision.
Pathetic.

Yes i'm sure if the club thought they would react in the way they did they would have held off.

Easy in hindsight I guess, at least Spud has gone out with class and as a club we were really only trying to do the right thing.

Last edited:
"I'm committed to doing what's best for North and if the club consistently feel that that's me, then that's what I'll be doing," Scott told Channel Nine on Monday night, before being asked if he was the best person to lead the Kangaroos.

Scott also acknowledged the timing of the announcement about North's departing veterans – which was made ahead of its round 23 clash with Greater Western Sydney – had hindered the club's finals prospects.

"I put my relationship, particularly with 'Boomer' (Harvey) and Drew (Petrie), right at the top of the list and I made a commitment to them earlier in the season that as soon I knew which direction the club was going to take, I would tell them," Scott said.

"That was on the eve of the finals and, in hindsight – and I've spoken to Drew and Boomer about this – it derailed our finals campaign to a certain extent.

"I put their interests ahead of the overall team and I wouldn't do it again."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-25/brad-scott-declares-hes-still-the-man-for-winless-roos-

Last edited:
"I'm committed to doing what's best for North and if the club consistently feel that that's me, then that's what I'll be doing," Scott told Channel Nine on Monday night, before being asked if he was the best person to lead the Kangaroos.Scott also acknowledged the timing of the announcement about North's departing veterans – which was made ahead of its round 23 clash with Greater Western Sydney – had hindered the club's finals prospects.

"I put my relationship, particularly with 'Boomer' (Harvey) and Drew (Petrie), right at the top of the list and I made a commitment to them earlier in the season that as soon I knew which direction the club was going to take, I would tell them," Scott said.

"That was on the eve of the finals and, in hindsight – and I've spoken to Drew and Boomer about this – it derailed our finals campaign to a certain extent.

"I put their interests ahead of the overall team and I wouldn't do it again."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-25/brad-scott-declares-hes-still-the-man-for-winless-roos-
Video here:

New logo makes all of our gear so much better. Annoyed that the 1996 commemorative guernsey I got last year has the old logo on it. New one isn't perfect but that old one was so, so bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back