Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win for women, loss for babies.

Remember all voters weren't aborted, which way do you think the babies would vote if they had a choice?

Law only allows abortions up to 12 weeks anyway without a medical opinion.

No babies are aborted.

Specifically on abortion, I'm not going to go into detail because it's not really the thread for it, but I see and understand both sides of the arguments (and I'm not referring at all to the religious side - hence why I said being excited about that is even less of a good reason). Ive said it a few times - I'm torn on the issue and don't really understand how many people can be so partisan about it.

Because forcing a woman to do something against her own will, that is going to affect the rest of her life & has diddly-squat to do with yours, is grotesque.

Object centred vs subject centred.

At 12 weeks old, the brain of the foetus is not sufficiently formed enough for it to be termed a 'person' as yet....Also, that's the time limit for when most miscarriages naturally occur as a biological check on deformities & unsustainability.

Actual life is always the wilful decision maker on potential life.....One way or another.

My mother went to 6 doctors to seek an abortion, when she was pregnant with my twin sister & I.....She lucked out, as all 6 were Catholic.

At 12 weeks old, the brain of the foetus is not sufficiently formed enough for it to be termed a 'person' as yet....Also, that's the time limit for when most miscarriages naturally occur as a biological check on deformities & unsustainability.
That is all true.

Ending a human life x the percentage of pregnancies that end in miscarriage = amount of culpability

That is all true.

Ending a human life x the percentage of pregnancies that end in miscarriage = amount of culpability

My point was more about the culpability of human cruelty angle.....I would no more go out of my way to suggest an abortion to a woman than I would to condone her for a decision to do so.....Neither is my place to do so.

It must be both terrible & horrific psychologically to have to go through such a process....To condemn the woman, who is already likely feeling remorse, guilt or shame, isn't really achieving anything positive at all.....Building a society where the onus is always on her mental & bodily health, means removing a fair amount of that shame, anguish & possible psychic scarring. Which means she can maker a clearer & more informed decision, with all the options explained.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actual life is always the wilful decision maker on potential life.....One way or another.

My mother went to 6 doctors to seek an abortion, when she was pregnant with my twin sister & I.....She lucked out, as all 6 were Catholic.
Yes, which is why I tend towards being OK with abortions below that sort of threshold. But after? Not so clear on that.

It's correct to say that at 12 weeks a foetus is not a person yet. But at any time between 0 and 12 weeks there's a potential person. And most who would not naturally miscarry. The morality comes down to the rights of the potential mother v the rights of the potential child.

I'm not a fan of lifestyle choice abortions but it's their body and half their baby so whatever I think doesn't matter.

That is about how I feel. The new generation of lifestyle abortions yesterday and back flaunting on instagram - and fiending for the shaft - the next day. That is just the culture of the new generation.

To never have been born may be the greatest boon of all.

If I knew some of you would be my future parents, I'd be waving the white fetus flag and requesting a coat hanger.

I have long advocated for a parental fitness test before prospective parents are legally allowed to procreate.

I'd rather be aborted than be brought up by deadshit parents or as a result of rape.

It has its place imo. But the 'yes' decision should be treated with perhaps a little more thouhgtful maturity than the bongo playing and trumpet tooting going on in some circles. Particularly people that won't have kids by choice, should be the last people being vocal about it.

A good friend had an abortion after a suspect nucal fold followed by the positive amniocentesis, which is correct most of the time but not always. When bub came at a fairly advanced stage in terms of the abortion. She looked perfect, no signs of downs or CP. The mums mum was pro abort and very assertive which probably tipped the scales for the indecisive mother. Dad wanted bub. Tragic situation. Now divorced.

The lesson. If abortion doesn't involve you on a parent to be level, shut your ******* mouth and just offer unconditional love and support.

It has its place imo. But the 'yes' decision should be treated with perhaps a little more thouhgtful maturity than the bongo playing and trumpet tooting going on in some circles. Particularly people that won't have kids by choice, should be the last people being vocal about it.

A good friend had an abortion after a suspect nucal fold followed by the positive amniocentesis, which is correct most of the time but not always. When bub came at a fairly advanced stage in terms of the abortion. She looked perfect, no signs of downs or CP. The mums mum was pro abort and very assertive which probably tipped the scales for the indecisive mother. Dad wanted bub. Tragic situation. Now divorced.

The lesson. If abortion doesn't involve you on a parent to be level, shut your ******* mouth and just offer unconditional love and support.
How many weeks in?

It's correct to say that at 12 weeks a foetus is not a person yet. But at any time between 0 and 12 weeks there's a potential person. And most who would not naturally miscarry. The morality comes down to the rights of the potential mother v the rights of the potential child.

The potential mother is an actual living breathing, biologically independent girl/woman though......Whereas the foetus if fully dependent upon her womb.

Therefore.....One has rights & the other doesn't.

We have no choice about our parents or the station or situation into which we are born into.....Or not born into, as it holds....Such is the nature of all life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back