Multiplat FIFA 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got crackling sounds during games as well as the crowd going silent for random periods?

I get the silent crowd and commentary going missing for 20-30 in game minutes on PS4

So after playing for a few weeks what do we all think of it overall?

I see a lot of negative reviews of it online, but I think you get that every year.

Overall I think the gameplay has been good. I know there are little issues with AI stuff and shooting has been difficult but general play has been better.

FUT shifting from Seasons style online play to "Rivals" has been incredibly crap. I've barely moved from my starting division and I've played about 70 games winning 45 of them. Regret that I played the first 3 ranking games just with the aim to get some coins. Didn't set my side up and lost all 3. Seems like that initial ranking is highly important.

I see a lot of negative reviews of it online, but I think you get that every year.

Overall I think the gameplay has been good. I know there are little issues with AI stuff and shooting has been difficult but general play has been better.

FUT shifting from Seasons style online play to "Rivals" has been incredibly crap. I've barely moved from my starting division and I've played about 70 games winning 45 of them. Regret that I played the first 3 ranking games just with the aim to get some coins. Didn't set my side up and lost all 3. Seems like that initial ranking is highly important.
Have only played fut. but have played a heap.

Was hating it at the start but last couple weeks have really enjoyed it. Last few days gotten stale already though.

Have only played fut. but have played a heap.

Was hating it at the start but last couple weeks have really enjoyed it. Last few days gotten stale already though.
Had the same cycle. Hit the wall a bit with it and now about to sell both of my squads and rebuild. Did you have same issue with divisions or just me?

Game is far too easy, that's what I've found.

I am playing on Ultimate, have upped CPU GK to 55 and I am still winning with relative ease. Beat PSV 4-1, Dortmund 4-0, Huddersfield 4-1, Spurs 6-1, Stoke 5-0. Drew 2-2 with Burnley, and even then I dominated.

Not really sure what else I can do.

The gameplay is pretty good I think, a lot more unpredictability with shots and ball mechanics.

Until you play the CPU.. every team pinging it around like Barcelona and launching 40 yard rockets or bicycles every second goal. Having said that it’s far to easy to score. Putting 4-5 past them on Ultimate. Guess they didn’t really spend to much time on the single player side of it.

The gameplay is pretty good I think, a lot more unpredictability with shots and ball mechanics.

Until you play the CPU.. every team pinging it around like Barcelona and launching 40 yard rockets or bicycles every second goal. Having said that it’s far to easy to score. Putting 4-5 past them on Ultimate. Guess they didn’t really spend to much time on the single player side of it.
I see I am not the only having this problem.

Legendary on 18 wasn't ridiculously easy to score like this, even with excellent players. I wonder what has happened.

I’m getting used to Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. He gets forward scores and bosses the midfield around now. Perisic is still meh but plays his role. Replaced Rugani, Romangoli and De Sciglio with Koulibaly, Bonucci and Florenzi. Koulibaly is a beast Bonucci is okay his long passing is handy and Florenzi is quicker than De Sciglio but other than that have noticed the difference.
694EEE76-B85D-44D3-ACBA-2C5D6717776B.jpeg

I'm having the opposite issue (coming from 17) the higher difficulties are TOO hars for me lol.

Completed my first season, won the league season and other cups including UEFA. I actually simmed the last few regular season games as I was streets ahead from 2nd. Doing that made it a lot closer - only won 3 games clear instead of 10 :p

Went on a selling spree mid season, in doing so I didn't have a huge squad to pick from... which is good as I didn't have many injuries (although one of the Barcelona players I sold for 80 million broke his ankle.... going to be useless for his new team!).

Going to continue Barca year 2... while also starting an England team save.

Not interested in the journey.... i still haven't finished 17's story mode.

I’m getting used to Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. He gets forward scores and bosses the midfield around now. Perisic is still meh but plays his role. Replaced Rugani, Romangoli and De Sciglio with Koulibaly, Bonucci and Florenzi. Koulibaly is a beast Bonucci is okay his long passing is handy and Florenzi is quicker than De Sciglio but other than that have noticed the difference.
View attachment 571788
Florenzi is a beast for me , he is the only player I've always bought first and never sold once since i started FUT a few years ago. I usually start him at RB and will move him to the mid or on the wing and bring on another RB (this year it's Karsdorp). He's very versatile.

Had Perisic but he felt really poor compared to last year so i sold him and bought Insigne and he's been great for me. Politano is a decent card as well.

Florenzi is a beast for me , he is the only player I've always bought first and never sold once since i started FUT a few years ago. I usually start him at RB and will move him to the mid or on the wing and bring on another RB (this year it's Karsdorp). He's very versatile.

Had Perisic but he felt really poor compared to last year so i sold him and bought Insigne and he's been great for me. Politano is a decent card as well.
I had Florenzi’s CM card last year which was pretty good. Perisic just scored the winner in 5-4 match so I’ll keep for a while. I had Insigne last year and he was good but I got annoyed at all the times my crosses went towards him.

The worst FIFA ever but it's okay 'coz Kurt is gonna fix it /s
Nah, in all seriousness though I'm really enjoying the challenge of this years game, feels quite different, but I'm guessing that the upcoming gameplay patch is going to send us back to fifa 18.

Strongly disagree on this, the new ranked system and rewards structure actually makes FUT worthwhile for players like myself that didn't want to sit down and play 40 games of WL to keep making progress on my team and it has opened up WL qualification to a whole bunch of new players. If you have played 70 games and won just over half of them, then EA are doing a great job with the matchmaking compared to previous years. The only criticism that I have of the new rivals mode is that I can't see my online stats like I could with the old seasons mode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst FIFA ever but it's okay 'coz Kurt is gonna fix it /s
Nah, in all seriousness though I'm really enjoying the challenge of this years game, feels quite different, but I'm guessing that the upcoming gameplay patch is going to send us back to fifa 18.

The first few updates always kill what you enjoy most about it and bring you back to earth. But there's always next years version!

Strongly disagree on this, the new ranked system and rewards structure actually makes FUT worthwhile for players like myself that didn't want to sit down and play 40 games of WL to keep making progress on my team and it has opened up WL qualification to a whole bunch of new players. If you have played 70 games and won just over half of them, then EA are doing a great job with the matchmaking compared to previous years. The only criticism that I have of the new rivals mode is that I can't see my online stats like I could with the old seasons mode.

I actually agree matchmaking is better, but you certainly don't need to play anywhere near as many games as last year to make progress on a team. The rewards at the end of the week more than make up for that. 30-50k plus in coins? You can build a competitive squad for 6k for Rivals, and then also earn enough from draft and single player if thats your thing to run that WL elite squad.

Every gold player in this game is achievable, with the exception of the standard few like Ron and Messi. It's the addition of new special cards that has made it easier to build high rated squads with cheap spend. And I've always really enjoyed the struggle of building a good squad early on without a big budget and purchasing FIFA points. Just seems so much easier this year.

Online stats is a huge oversight and hope they include it in an update at some point.

I don't mind this game, I generally get bored after a sesh of six or seven games and after four or five seasons but when I play it I actually give a s**t. Something I've noticed is things feel a little more dynamic. At first I was playing nil all draws, 1-0 wins, basically that. Now I'm having some really fun games and most importantly I actually give a s**t – I feel chuffed when I hang on for a win and I get pissed right off when I drop a late goal and lose 3-2.

I had a game the other day which was Fulham v Burnley, was 0-2 down, dat guy Welbz scored a cracker, set up another, then put us ahead with 10 seconds of real time left and we *in conceded with the last goal of the game. In a way it was good to have that game. Other thing I noticed was Welbeck went on to set up or score every goal for the next few matches, won the player of the month, and you just felt he was playing better.

What I don't really like is how often you concede howlers or it feels like the opposition always just have 10 minutes of good play and that's enough. Yeah sometimes a match is dull and you only need that as the difference, sometimes you dominate possession and don't take your chances and they do, but quite often it feels they start well – 1-0 – you go well – 1-1 – and it keeps going like that. It feels too much like basketball.

The biggest thing for me is they need to go all out with licensing if the gameplay isn't going to have a massive overhaul and tinkering.

The thing about the best sports games ever is attention to detail and how open styles, matches, careers can feel. Think of the original Top Spin. I want FIFA to have every game feel different, momentum to matter, and not just players looking as they do or taking a free-kick how they do. There should be tiny little details that make a difference, even for offline play. I was playing in the sleet and snow the other day and there's a commentary line about 'the players might need the studs...' and I thought how cool it'd be to instruct your players to wear different boots: lighter, faster moulds but you slip over, or studs which are slower but offer more stability, better first touch etc. etc.

Also the coolest thing on this game is that 60s game you play as that old wino Jim Hunter. The Journey is so lame but man that looked cool. Reminds me of the old France 98 mode where you play all the old World Cup finals. I want EA to do something like that, some kind of vintage feeling FIFA would be sick with a more story-based game.

I don't mind this game, I generally get bored after a sesh of six or seven games and after four or five seasons but when I play it I actually give a s**t. Something I've noticed is things feel a little more dynamic. At first I was playing nil all draws, 1-0 wins, basically that. Now I'm having some really fun games and most importantly I actually give a s**t – I feel chuffed when I hang on for a win and I get pissed right off when I drop a late goal and lose 3-2.

I had a game the other day which was Fulham v Burnley, was 0-2 down, dat guy Welbz scored a cracker, set up another, then put us ahead with 10 seconds of real time left and we ****in conceded with the last goal of the game. In a way it was good to have that game. Other thing I noticed was Welbeck went on to set up or score every goal for the next few matches, won the player of the month, and you just felt he was playing better.

What I don't really like is how often you concede howlers or it feels like the opposition always just have 10 minutes of good play and that's enough. Yeah sometimes a match is dull and you only need that as the difference, sometimes you dominate possession and don't take your chances and they do, but quite often it feels they start well – 1-0 – you go well – 1-1 – and it keeps going like that. It feels too much like basketball.

The biggest thing for me is they need to go all out with licensing if the gameplay isn't going to have a massive overhaul and tinkering.

The thing about the best sports games ever is attention to detail and how open styles, matches, careers can feel. Think of the original Top Spin. I want FIFA to have every game feel different, momentum to matter, and not just players looking as they do or taking a free-kick how they do. There should be tiny little details that make a difference, even for offline play. I was playing in the sleet and snow the other day and there's a commentary line about 'the players might need the studs...' and I thought how cool it'd be to instruct your players to wear different boots: lighter, faster moulds but you slip over, or studs which are slower but offer more stability, better first touch etc. etc.
I wish I could play evenly matched games.

Literally pumping every time on ultimate.

Squad battles logic..

A 73 ovr 38 chem passes the ball around like Barca with deadly accuracy and converts every one of their few shots they have whilst Superman is in their goals leading them to a win

Play a 85 ovr 100 chem and you win with ease.

Was hoping that they would've fixed this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back