Finally, a Friday night game

Remove this Banner Ad

Eago77 said:
Friday Night Rd 21 2004 v Collingwood (MCG) 27225, using that logic Collingwood wont have any more Friday night home matches, that should be interesting!

Btw we've got 3 Friday night matches next year, two at AAMI.
I am only repeating what was said by Wayne Jackson at the time. Since then we have not had a friday night final and our crowds have got bigger and bigger. I think finals are a little different to a home and away match, so your example does not make much sence.

I think our crowd will be 5,000 to 10,000 smaller now. Less country and interstate fans for sure. As for me it dosen't matter either way, Im just thinking of other people.

Personally I am pretty disappointed with the decision solely for the fact that I work in retail and finish at 6:30pm on a Friday. Assuming that the game will start at 7:30pm I will seriously have to haul arse to get there in time for the first bounce. I s'pose I will have to suck up to my boss for an earlier finish next Friday.....not holding my breath tho. :( I feel a sickie coming on! :D
On a whole, along with the rise in the ticket prices this can only have a negative effect on the size of the crowd. I hope it doesn't cos I would love too see 40k+ crowd there too support our boys, but it aint looking good.

I am so angry and upset. Have made airline booking so that I could fly over on the friday night since i can't have friday off. :mad: :"-(

Paralowiepower said:
I think our crowd will be 5,000 to 10,000 smaller now. Less country and interstate fans for sure. As for me it dosen't matter either way, Im just thinking of other people.

Yep. Looks like I won't be able to make it now. Buggar. :mad:

kojak said:
I am so angry and upset. Have made airline booking so that I could fly over on the friday night since i can't have friday off. :mad: :"-(

Right I fully endorse anyone in this situation to take a sickie next Friday change your flight booking accordingly. Footy is so much more imortant than any job! ;)

JuniorBurger said:
Right I fully endorse anyone in this situation to take a sickie next Friday change your flight booking accordingly. Footy is so much more imortant than any job! ;)
will you sign my note juniorburger? ;-)

JuniorBurger said:
Personally I am pretty disappointed with the decision solely for the fact that I work in retail and finish at 6:30pm on a Friday. Assuming that the game will start at 7:30pm I will seriously have to haul arse to get there in time for the first bounce. I s'pose I will have to suck up to my boss for an earlier finish next Friday.....not holding my breath tho. :( I feel a sickie coming on! :D
On a whole, along with the rise in the ticket prices this can only have a negative effect on the size of the crowd. I hope it doesn't cos I would love too see 40k+ crowd there too support our boys, but it aint looking good.

ohhhhh come one....I have to Haul @rse from Perth to make it!! And has for the price of the ticket. Jee we've been waiting 3 years for this opportunity. I know there are a fair few of us coming over from WA, some only just booking today!! As for Gets! and a few others saying we play better in the day. We play pretty dam good over here in the West at Night!! We have to win, no matter what the time, the day or the weather.....Its As Simple As That.

Its good for the team, an extra day's rest......Great for me, cause if we win, gives me an extra day to get my voice back ready for the GF :D

PortProudWA said:
ohhhhh come one....I have to Haul @rse from Perth to make it!! And has for the price of the ticket. Jee we've been waiting 3 years for this opportunity. I know there are a fair few of us coming over from WA, some only just booking today!! As for Gets! and a few others saying we play better in the day. We play pretty dam good over here in the West at Night!! We have to win, no matter what the time, the day or the weather.....Its As Simple As That.

Its good for the team, an extra day's rest......Great for me, cause if we win, gives me an extra day to get my voice back ready for the GF :D

Hey I never said I wasn't gonna pay I wouldn't miss it for the world, all I said was that I can understand why it might have an effect on the crowd.
You have to haul arse from Perth an hour before the bounce?? Dont mean to be a realist but I dont think your gonna make it! ;)

JuniorBurger said:
You have to haul arse from Perth an hour before the bounce?? Dont mean to be a realist but I dont think your gonna make it! ;)

I leave Thursday morning. I left no stone unturned when I booked my flight weeks ago....just incase I had to go to Melb or Brissy or hence....A Friday night Game :D .

I'am not just a Pretty Face :p LOL

Hey Kojak, see if you can change your flight. Usually u can, u flying Q or V. Q let you change them if you give 24hours notice?

portly said:
Hope it works out for you Meany and Kojak.

Thanks portly. Just changed my flight. It means that I will have to leave work in the middle of the afternoon but after the way that they have treated me in the last couple of days, I don't give a ****. Footy it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks Portly....will have to crawl like I've never crawled before here at work to get friday off!...(fingers crossed)

sog35 said:
Looks like I'll have to yield one this one. Rucci has run with the Friday night final line as well in today's 'Tiser.

The only positive for Port Adelaide is the extra days break. As ParaPower states, awful bloody timeslot for any travelling fans.

If we win (brissie) than our schedual looks like this..

Travel Friday
Play Saturday (& win i hope -gulp)
Travel Thursday
Parade Friday
Win Saturday (I hope-gulp)

that ineffect gives you guys a 2-3 day head start!

I hope we have an all interstate GF to shove it to the AFL and the MCC :mad: - that would be priceless :D !

PortProudWA said:
I leave Thursday morning. I left no stone unturned when I booked my flight weeks ago....just incase I had to go to Melb or Brissy or hence....A Friday night Game :D .

I'am not just a Pretty Face :p LOL

Hey Kojak, see if you can change your flight. Usually u can, u flying Q or V. Q let you change them if you give 24hours notice?

Hey PortProudWA.....I managed to get the friday off and have now changed my flight. seeya at the bar !! :D

kojak said:
Hey PortProudWA.....I managed to get the friday off and have now changed my flight. seeya at the bar !! :D

Whooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooo :D I'll have a burbon or two or three :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back