Mega Thread Finals Ticketing Thread: Keep it here and please read the OP

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a real lack of sophistication in ticketek's booking system. They need to develop a seat booking system similar to air travel bookings where you would select a specific bay within the MCG/venue map, then the next step the particular seats within the selected bay (similar to web bookings where a seat selection is made with the layout of the plane on display). "Best Available" when it is iterating one bay at a time is not my idea of "Best Available"!

There is a real lack of sophistication in ticketek's booking system. They need to develop a seat booking system similar to air travel bookings where you would select a specific bay within the MCG/venue map, then the next step the particular seats within the selected bay (similar to web bookings where a seat selection is made with the layout of the plane on display). "Best Available" when it is iterating one bay at a time is not my idea of "Best Available"!

This. Bewilders me as to why they don't already have something similar. It would make things so much more easier.

This. Bewilders me as to why they don't already have something similar. It would make things so much more easier.

Having a system like that would also stop it going into meltdown. At the moment a lot of people keep retrying for seats again and again because the AFL/Ticketek's idea of best is different to theirs. Everyone has their preferences, if you allow them to select seats which they want first go then the system would run more smoothly.

Agreed.

I was on 9.00 on the dot today, had an auto page refresher going every second so I was able to select tickets as soon as they came up, immediately put in my barcodes and selected N level, "allocation exhausted" - wtf? Got my seats on M level but I wouldn't have thought they were "best available" and wish I could have chosen the seats rather than being plonked right in the middle of the row.

Glad i'm going but ticketek need to update their site, only good thing they have is the 7 minute ticket hold policy which saves a lot of headaches.

You people obviosuldy never tried to get "One Direction" tickets for your kids.

Thoie cowall inspired moneygrubbers deliberately have tickets in short supply to increase the hype.

and the concerts not till after the grand final IN 2013 !!!!!

Allowing 4 guest passes was pure insanity. Should have been 1 or 2 max. These clubs have the biggest support base in Victoria. Major stuff up!

The 'system' is not as bad as the AFL's decision to allow so many guest passes. Same with MCC - 2 guest passes - all reserve seats there sold out as well.
Also stupid is allowing members to bring a friend when booking on Monday. This results in non members getting some of the best seats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There appears to be more Silver Seating available in the General Public release that went on sale at 12pm today. Well, 2 seat groupings are available at least.

There is a 'My Ticketek' presale on until 11am today, need password. Public sale BEGINS at 12 today.
Dad managed to get public reserve tickets at midday today. Thanks :thumbsu:

I am annoyed at the fact that there is a 4 guest pass limit, I dont think that is right especially given the amount of supporters the hawks and pies have.

At least I have a ticket!

Ok a question for someone that might be able to help me
I am a Hawthorn and Mcc member and I will just use my mcc membersip for finals but if we make the GF it is a different story
I got the form in the mail today to go in the ballot (silver member) and I want to give myself as much chance os possible so I will put in my dads membership number as well (he is full mcc member so can just use that for GF).
my question is should i put them separately as in making a separate phonecall or should I put both barcodes under the one membership. i only need one to get chosen and i am thinking that if i put them under the same membership i will either get both or none. is that how it works? thoughts?
cheers :)

Got tickets, but sheesh, better take a tank of oxygen as i'm up the back....right.up.the.back.
Q14, DD.

I'm a member, but a couple of mates aren;t, so I waited nicely for them to get tickets today. Only just read now that I could have got at least one ticket for myself and one for a guest on MY membership ticket.

s**t

Oh well, I'm there. I can always stand down the bottom if needed. Always fun in the standing area. Some interesting people down there!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back