Mega Thread Finals Ticketing Thread: Keep it here and please read the OP

Remove this Banner Ad

But but... When grouped, if one gets pulled out of the ballot, the others in the group automatically get tickets?
On your own, well... you're on your own?
It is the registrations that are pulled out of the ballot. If your group all registers together it is one entry in the ballot and if it gets pulled out then you all get a ticket. You don't get an entry in the ballot for each person in your group.

I have a silver membership (got lucky with gen admin tix in 08) and I auctually want standing room and not a seat as it
Would go to waste, is there anyway to make that a preference maybe easier to get in?!?

Just take the seat if offered and swap with a member who gets a standing room seat. Simple

No - you have the same chance as before.

You actually have a slightly better chance registering as a group.

eg: Say there were 99 registrations so far

a) Register as a group of 4 = 100 total registrations = 1/100 chance = 1%
b) Register as 4 individuals = 103 total registrations = 1/103 = .97% chance you will get picked, however a better chance one of the 4 will get picked. But inidividually, you're worse off as there are more registrations to compete against.

b) Register as 4 individuals = 103 total registrations = 1/103 = .97% chance you will get picked, however a better chance one of the 4 will get picked. But inidividually, you're worse off as there are more registrations to compete against.

However, given you have a higher chance on being successful compared to a single registration, doesn't the same apply for not being sucessful in that its 'one out all out'?

Hence my comment that the chances are still the same.

However, given you have a higher chance on being successful compared to a single registration, doesn't the same apply for not being sucessful in that its 'one out all out'?

Hence my comment that the chances are still the same.

That's the part I don't understand - what does "one out, all out" mean ?

If you are grouped as one registration, how does it then become one out, all out ??

I'm thinking it could mean if you are successfull, then you cannot split the group up and some accept tickets and others not.

As far as I understand the group booking will slightly decrease your chances just because they will only allocated it to a group if there is a bank of 4 seat together. There will always be more single seats on offer (end of rows and such) than banks of 4, so based off that you will have more chances as a single.

I have a silver membership (got lucky with gen admin tix in 08) and I auctually want standing room and not a seat as it
Would go to waste, is there anyway to make that a preference maybe easier to get in?!?
If I get standing room tickets I would like to trade for seats - one or two - PM me if it pans our like that.

But when there are 10,000+ registrations the difference is miniscule.
Also, towards the end of the ballot there might only be single seats or groups of 2 left, so you may get drawn out but then rejected because you wanted 4 together.

But when there are 10,000+ registrations the difference is miniscule.
Also, towards the end of the ballot there might only be single seats or groups of 2 left, so you may get drawn out but then rejected because you wanted 4 together.
So you register individually and your 3 mates get picked and you don't - I couldn't live with that !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you register individually and your 3 mates get picked and you don't - I couldn't live with that !
Yes, it is a big dilemma for groups!
Either way, the odds for an individual are almost identical whether they register as a group or on their own, so don't let that sway your decision.

I wish however the club would release exact details of how many p1, p2 and p3 members there are so that people can make informed decisions regarding the ballot. In 2011 there was a cap of 7,500 p1. If there were 15,000 GF tickets (looks like that will be the figure this year), then that would leave 7,500 for p2 and p3. If there were say 9000 members in p2 then p2 would have a very good chance and groups could confidently register together. However, if there were say 18,000 in p2 then the chances are much lower and a group may choose to register separately to increase the chance that at least some of them get a ticket. Someone else asked for these details but was denied, bad form by HFC, conclusion is that they are reserving the right to do some shifty stuff.

Yes, it is a big dilemma for groups!
Either way, the odds for an individual are almost identical whether they register as a group or on their own, so don't let that sway your decision.

I wish however the club would release exact details of how many p1, p2 and p3 members there are so that people can make informed decisions regarding the ballot. In 2011 there was a cap of 7,500 p1. If there were 15,000 GF tickets (looks like that will be the figure this year), then that would leave 7,500 for p2 and p3. If there were say 9000 members in p2 then p2 would have a very good chance and groups could confidently register together. However, if there were say 18,000 in p2 then the chances are much lower and a group may choose to register separately to increase the chance that at least some of them get a ticket. Someone else asked for these details but was denied, bad form by HFC, conclusion is that they are reserving the right to do some shifty stuff.

I agree wholeheartedly blue harvest. All we want is some factual information so that we can make informed decisions. When the club says they can't disclose this information it makes you feel like there is a conspiracy. Why can't the numbers be disclosed?

Saying that however, I just rang the membership department and was told this:
Priority 1 - 11,000 members
Priority 2 - He wasn't sure

He said that there will be about 14,000 GF tickets (depending on club involved). He also said that in 2008 about 70% of P1 members registered for a ticket. This would mean that, if this trend continued this year, P1 members would use about 7,700 tickets, leaving circa 6,000 for P2 and P3 members.

I just wish I knew how many P2 members there were. I have tried to work it out from this MCG map produced by the club detailing the seating for Kennedy, Gold and Silver members - http://membership.hawthornfc.com.au/themes/default/images/mcg.jpg

By my reckoning there are 7 full bays of silver members and 15 half bays (let's call it 15 bays of silver). There are roughly 40 rows in each bay - http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/Seating Plans.aspx - so this equates to 600 rows. I'm not sure how many seats are in each row - maybe 25? If it is 25 seats that equates to 15,000 P2 members (600 rows x 25 seats, although I don't think silver is sold out). This would mean that there are 15,000 P2 members fighting for 6,000 tickets. If P2 member applied at 70% rate, this would mean 10,500 members, leaving 3,900 disappointed P2 people.

There are undoubtedly some flaws in my logic so please point them out!

So I am a silver member (MCC Hawk) . What chance will I have?
My time is 12-3 tommorow which annoying as I have uni at that exact time. Will happily skip it though :D
Was Bronze in 08 and got in so I am hopeful :D

He said that there will be about 14,000 GF tickets (depending on club involved). He also said that in 2008 about 70% of P1 members registered for a ticket. This would mean that, if this trend continued this year, P1 members would use about 7,700 tickets, leaving circa 6,000 for P2 and P3 members

I was under the impression that member allocation was split down the centre (i.e. Brown gets 14,000, Gold gets 14,000)

However if its like the old system - where allocation was split into a ratio according to the size of the competing club's ticketed membership, surely this should favour us.

For example, if Hawthorn were to play Sydney we'd be allocated approximately 70% of the allocated seating

I seem to remember the original kennedy, gold, was capped at about 12.5 k because that was the GF allocation then. About 2.5k being standing - club members get allocated the worst tickets by a mile

Its been increased since then as now some silver seats are on level 4, but the GF allocation has been increased too.

The HFC official replied to me that there was a slight chance gold would get standing room if everyone took up the offer
I dont really mnd standing room but it s annoying that you paid for gold membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back