Podcast Finals Week 1 - Cockwombling Numbnut nominations

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 3, 2004
in a happy place
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
panthers, ukraine & broncos
There are just too many for this week, so I need some help to collate them all. If you have a nomination for something stupid done in the AFL since Tuesday last week, post your nomination and I'll collate them for tomorrow nights Tuesday Night Live CrowCast.

I think there will be a number of different ones related to Port and all are welcome to be mentioned. They might get collated into one big nomination for the club, or some might be strong enough to compete for this weeks award on their own. Have at it!

Edit: ROFL BF edits C o c k w o m b l e to silly fellow :D

Ken Hinkley for not selecting Jackson Trengove
Ken Hinkley for letting a 13 point lead in extra time slip away
Ken Hinkley for his after game press conference stating he was proud of the effort
David Koch for slamming his players after the loss
Chad Wingard for kicking to an uncontested Jeremy McGovern twice in the last extra time period
Jared Polec for high tackling Luke Shuey
Robbie Gray for winging about the high free kick when he ducks all the time
Patrick Ryder for getting towelled up by a cooked Petrie in the final quarter

And finally

Port Adelaide in general for losing that match in the way they did

Ken Hinkley for not selecting Jackson Trengove
Ken Hinkley for letting a 13 point lead in extra time slip away
Ken Hinkley for his after game press conference stating he was proud of the effort
David Koch for slamming his players after the loss
Chad Wingard for kicking to an uncontested Jeremy McGovern twice in the last extra time period
Jared Polec for high tackling Luke Shuey
Robbie Gray for winging about the high free kick when he ducks all the time
Patrick Ryder for getting towelled up by a cooked Petrie in the final quarter

He only kicked to him once. The first time was to Barrass. ;)

Chris Scott for bitching about playing at (one of) their home ground, the MCG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but who won???????

1280_warren_beatty_oscars_2017_best_picture_wrong_8745199_ver1.0.jpg

Surely Chris Scott (coach of number 1 ducker and shrugger) gets a vote for his effort on 360 tonight. When asked if he felt it was a free to Shuey, Scott said "last year it was, but this year we were told that if the player being tackled causes the high contact, it would be called play on, so it should have been play on".

Kudos to Whateley, Robbo and Richardson for keeping straight faces in the ensuing 5 seconds of disbelieving silence!

Mark 'Choco' Williams is spewing

Williams told SEN Afternoonsthat the umpires didn’t apply the rules correctly.
“That made me vomit,” he said.
“I understand Luke Shuey is a very good player, I understand he’s very smart – he picked the right time to do exactly what I might have done too.
“But it made me vomit because it is not a free.

“The umpires and the AFL have come and tried to say (that it was correct). There is no chance that is a free.

It’s the same as a dive.”

Mark 'Choco' Williams is spewing

Williams told SEN Afternoonsthat the umpires didn’t apply the rules correctly.
“That made me vomit,” he said.
“I understand Luke Shuey is a very good player, I understand he’s very smart – he picked the right time to do exactly what I might have done too.
“But it made me vomit because it is not a free.

“The umpires and the AFL have come and tried to say (that it was correct). There is no chance that is a free.

It’s the same as a dive.”
What did Shuey do exactly? Move?

The tackle was high from the start. Didn't need much help to make it obvious. Can't see the dive half these blokes are carrying on about.

The tackle was high from the start. Didn't need much help to make it obvious. Can't see the dive half these blokes are carrying on about.
I am sure it is Sheuy's fault that The Big Dix sprayed two easy shots in the last quarter too! Come on. This was like the Swans game for us. We could not kick straight and had a 50 that was debatable and lost in the same way. At the end of the day bad kicking is bad football.

I think it was a free. My first instinct was ' thats high' and I'm sure the umpire thought the same. Shuey didnt drop until after the high tackle.

I could be wrong but I thought the 'shrug rule' was for those who drop down and not in a forward motion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back