Folklore: stories you're not sure about

Remove this Banner Ad

https://theholybootsfootballemporium.com/2015/05/05/windy-hill-essendon/

It happened, just found this. No mention of the score though but it was barely a proper game and probably hammed up so it's not that remarkable.

Windy Hill looks great in summer, always had a love/hate relationship with summer in Essendon and Moonee Ponds, sun coming straight off all those 40s-to-80s bricks everywhere.

It was a pre-season muck around 6 v 6 thing for publicity. It wasn't a game in any way that you asked. Maybe I should have given you a better effort response, but I CBF.

In the 80's Dermie fell off the bed while having vigorous relations and did some damage to his equipment?

An unrelated story, Dermie played with broken ribs, kicked 11, wearing a protective vest said to contain blown up condoms for padding?

Is there real tensions between Dermie and Dunstall, or do they just enjoy mocking each other?
Just enjoying mocking each other

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tom Scully leaving the Dees after Maxy Gawn vomited on him in the China game all those years ago. Although the contract from the Giants probably helped a bunch too.
From memory the entire China trip was notorious for the Demons players running riot after the game with copious amounts of booze. If I recall correctly, it was also partially to blame for Liam Jurrah's downfall.

Fortunately for this thread - there was Melbourne's decision to go on the trip, which resulted in Gawn spewing on Scully, who in turn decided he'd leave the club, which then opened up enough cap space for the Dees to pick up Mitch Clarke, which allowed him into their rooms to fart in Brad Green's face. The butterfly effect in action, it's a wonderful thing.

Strange, someone told me Jobe Watson won one

1443484030856.jpg

Best thing Clark ever did at Melbourne.
I knew his mrs at the time.
She was hot as *. That picture does her a grave injustice

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As if there's not already enough reasons to love The King as a Queensland fan, putting away sandra - an absolute goddess - would just top it all off.

Pretty liberal use of the term goddess if you ask me... She's a 6/10 at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory the entire China trip was notorious for the Demons players running riot after the game with copious amounts of booze. If I recall correctly, it was also partially to blame for Liam Jurrah's downfall.

Fortunately for this thread - there was Melbourne's decision to go on the trip, which resulted in Gawn spewing on Scully, who in turn decided he'd leave the club, which then opened up enough cap space for the Dees to pick up Mitch Clarke, which allowed him into their rooms to fart in Brad Green's face. The butterfly effect in action, it's a wonderful thing.
Like sands through the hourglass.

Pretty sure that game was at the end of the regular season so the Dees and Lions apparently used it as an unofficial end of season trip. Not sure what the AFL were thinking in that regard really.

Pretty sure Doro got caught in his car soloing on the skin flute outside a girl's school at pickup time.
Oh Doro definitely had a case to answer about his tryst with Mrs Palmer but Brodie was the one outside a school......or one of those windsor smith blllboards of himself.

It was thrown just as he kicked the ball. It did not really cost them the game though, they had well and truly enough chances after that to win.
I was being sarcastic about it costing us the game... everyone knows that Romero cost us the game by playing a week after dislocating his shoulder... that and Jarman

I threw the full beer from the animal cage at Moorabbin that clocked Gary Sidebottom clean in the skull in the early 80's. Not one of my finest moments,but a bloody brilliant shot from around 30 metres out,even if he was t the intended target.
Who were you aiming for ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back