Footscray VFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Preliminary stats for the VFL are in, final stats won’t be pushed until Monday. I’ll post an updated player summary once the final stats are pushed by CD.

Now as always here are some of the rarer stats…

Disposal Efficiency
FO: 68%
CA: 69%

Kicking Efficiency
FO: 61%
CA: 65%

Hitouts/To Advantage
27/6 - Glass-McCasker
3/1 - Schache

Hitouts To Advantage

FO: 7
CA: 14

First Possessions
FO: 42
CA: 41

Clearances/Centre Clearances

FO: 39/10

CA: 35/10

Contested Marks
FO: 7
CA: 7

Marks Inside 50
FO: 10
CA: 11

Defensive 50 Intercept Marks
FO: 9
CA: 10

Score Launches
3 - Young
2 - Wallis, Schache, Cavarra, Sullivan
1 - Weightman, Smith, Garcia, Glass-McCasker, Cormack, Boyd, Short, Macpherson, Vanderhuevel, Nichols, Orgill

Inside 50 Efficiency
FO: 48%
CA: 38%

Shots At Goal
FO: 25 (44%)

CA: 22 (36%)

Ranking Points
128 - Wallis
116 - Young
113 - McComb
110 - Schache
102 - Cavarra
95 - Sullivan
92 - Cormack
89 - Garcia
88 - Short
83 - William
80 - Weightman
77 - Vanderhuevel
76 - Bedendo
72 - Boyd
63 - Glass-McCasker
61 - Nichols
61 - Butler
61 - Smith
49 - Macpherson
40 - Kellet
23 - Ugle-Hagan
18 - Orgill

Free Kick Summary
Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 8.52.02 pm.png

Source Sources
Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 8.52.11 pm.png

Player Summary
Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 9.15.19 pm.png

VFL watchers... we are obviously in the market for small/mid sized forwards in the seniors who will apply a lot of pressure as a priority and also clean up and ground level and kick opportunistic goals.

Given fitness and intent, is Marra capable of playing that role, or is he purely a budding keypo?

VFL watchers... we are obviously in the market for small/mid sized forwards in the seniors who will apply a lot of pressure as a priority and also clean up and ground level and kick opportunistic goals.

Given fitness and intent, is Marra capable of playing that role, or is he purely a budding keypo?

Haven’t seen him do enough of that tbh. First time I really notice him commit to pressure was yesterday and he basically knocked himself out. It’s an area of his game that needs to improve IMO.

If you want someone who pressures, can kick opportunistic goals etc. Weightman is that player for me. Needs to find the ball a bit more but all the rest is there

Sadly not, doesn't have the tank to be a pressure player atm

I wouldn’t say he’s there, at least not yet. Weightman was easily the best in that regard.

Not for this year but I'd keep an eye on that Nichols kid as a smokey for the draft. I really like the look of him.

Why is there a bye this week ffs, it’s been running for 4 weeks? Why can’t the reserves competition for the AFL side run, you know, alongside the AFL. It’s bullshit you need a 2nds playing every week
And there are so many more teams!

I thought he was eligible? Looked damn smooth for an underager
I mean we don't have a pick in the mid year draft so we won't have new rookies from the guys playing at Footscray until 2022. Nichols I liked the look of a lot seemed to know exactly to come across and fall into a hole in the forward line and get easy mark in transition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, the team is off to Frankston for a game under lights on Friday. Not sure how many of you have been to 'Skybus Stadium' but it has to be one of the weirdest grounds for high level footy in Australia. It's quite narrow, kind of pointy at one end and flat at the other. There are also no pockets to speak of and the play can get very congested. Saw Clay Smith play there a few years back and he relished the hard stuff in the many packs common to games there. At least the lighting has been greatly improved. It would be interesting to hear what players thought of playing there.

So, the team is off to Frankston for a game under lights on Friday. Not sure how many of you have been to 'Skybus Stadium' but it has to be one of the weirdest grounds for high level footy in Australia. It's quite narrow, kind of pointy at one end and flat at the other. There are also no pockets to speak of and the play can get very congested. Saw Clay Smith play there a few years back and he relished the hard stuff in the many packs common to games there. At least the lighting has been greatly improved. It would be interesting to hear what players thought of playing there.
I assume we will have to resort to Youtube for a live stream of the game.

Not on Kayo, at least according to their broadcast schedule. Instead you get to watch GWS reserves on a fourth time this season! I suppose playing Franga with no Marra doesn't exactly warrant televised coverage. Might be on here tho: https://www.youtube.com/user/AFLVictoria
Correct, neither Kayo nor 7+ are covering this game. The VFL App, however, is great for live scores and stats. If supporters haven't installed the app yet, it is strongly recommended.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back