Coaching Staff Former Coach Ben "Truck" Rutten - Sacked for real this time - 21/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I genuinely hate the people running our club. My feelings for the club are at their lowest ebb, more so than during the saga as at least it galvanised the club at times. Currently we are just a pathetic husk of the once great club we were. I have had very little enjoyment supporting this club for a long time now and am questioning my financial support next year.

Sack the ******* lot of them.

Interesting that this went out on social media before a 'members first' email.
The last week of stuffing him around was disgraceful by the club, but overall I don't think I've seen anything from Truck that made me think "here's a guy who can get us to the promised land." (although I don't know who could at this stage).

God knows who we'll be looking for as a replacement (please not Hird), but in a lot of ways I don't think it matters in the short term. Even with the shambolic going on off the field, the turn around from this club needs to come from the players challenging each other and responding. Yeah, they need an outside influence to start that process, but if they don't start playing team-first football as a committed unit we're still not going anywhere

Not that I disagree with any of this but I think they have fumbled this to the extent that we simply have to run a new process to find a new coach who will have some fresh air to continue on what Truck was doing. Sucks for Truck and personally I have never had any issues with his message about where we need to be but he has lost some players despite the love of the last few days. The message has been lost. It could be recovered but have we just slid too far past that intersection to turn around and go back.

I would like nothing more for him to coach next year and stick it to them all but I suspect it is gone.
I thought the same until I watched Truck’s two press conferences Friday and last night.

He has been magnanimous, put his case forward (and has done it well, in fact I’d say that most of the public messaging from the club has been him and the players, and it’s close to masterful).

He has left every possibility on the table, and while disappointed and surely done wrong, he has been the bigger person and has left room for Barham to walk it back and make reparations. Another board coup could do it for him too.

Scratch all that. Get ****ed Barham. Egos win again.

His words

I thought the same until I watched Truck’s two press conferences Friday and last night.

He has been magnanimous, put his case forward (and has done it well, in fact I’d say that most of the public messaging from the club has been him and the players, and it’s close to masterful).

He has left every possibility on the table, and while disappointed and surely done wrong, he has been the bigger person and has left room for Barham to walk it back and make reparations. Another board coup could do it for him too.
Too bad I had to do something in the middle of typing this. Was already gone by time I finished.

if the members of this shitty board are still the same after the review, i’ll be disappointed, not surprised sadly, but very disappointed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but why do we seem to have the only playing group in the competition which isn't dedicated to team success and the 'ultimate prize'? the sentiment seems to be that the majority or at least key figures are only interested in putting in the minimum individual effort to get their paypacket and remain unaccountable. I just can't work out why, as a group, they aren't busting to be fit when the season starts, desperate to stop the other team during gameplay or showing any kind of leadership during challenging times - wouldn't they all be dreaming of excelling at this when they nominate for the draft? Really no idea how good or bad Truck is as a coach, but why is our playing group so ambivalent about doing what it takes to achieve team success and a better reputation??

So yeah. Go Suns!

Obviously, your board sought not to support Ben in key areas that were required and at least haven't made him wait too long for what seemed inevitable to everyone after the events of this week. Only time will tell whether this has been an inspired decision or a decision that will further splinter your club. All I have to say is that it is very hard to find really good people that do not do things for the sake of self-promotion. Ben is one of those people. He has class and dignity and you have lost a very good man. Good luck in your search for his replacement.

dickheads

Idiots. I’ve earned a break away from this mess of a football club. They deserve every single trade request, membership cancellation, complete supporter abandonment and wooden spoons that are incoming. They take their coaches, supporters and players for a ride.

My moral values don’t align with those that run this club and I will not stand with them. How they treated Rutten is absolutely disgraceful and doesn’t deserve any support or acknowledgment. It’s one thing to be bad on field which any supporter can ultimately accept, but to treat another person like this under the guise of “making tough decisions”? No you’re not making a tough decision. You’re just an egotistical a-hole.

They can have Hird and they can have this club because I won’t be a part of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back