Toast Four Players make AA Squad from the Cattery

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprising for me that Taylor made the squad.

Also for most of the year I'd been saying Rivers has been our best defender... I am now on the Domsy bandwagon, simply put he hasn't been beaten that I can remember this year. Is averaging less than a goal conceded a game I think which is incredible for a full back.
I've been flogging the point on twitter but I can't understand how Talia from the crows is a lock and not Doms, possession wise they are the same and Tommy has conceded almost half the goals

Last edited:

All four deserve to be AA. Lonergan and Rivers will drop out of the team because the selectors are muppets.

Lonergan to be the fairytale of the 22. Bookmark it.

Joel and Hawk will also make it.

Would love Lonergan to make it, but the media and fan consensus seems to be that the KPD spots will go to two of Talia, McKenzie and Hooker.

Selwood is our only certainty IMO. Hawkins is a genuine 50/50. Hard to say whether they'll prefer Roughead or Hawk.

Would love Lonergan to make it, but the media and fan consensus seems to be that the KPD spots will go to two of Talia, McKenzie and Hooker.

Selwood is our only certainty IMO. Hawkins is a genuine 50/50. Hard to say whether they'll prefer Roughead or Hawk.
There are always a few surprises. Lonergan will be one.

Hawk is a lock.

There are always a few surprises. Lonergan will be one.

Hawk is a lock.
Hawkins was a bit of a surprise last year- the selectors might go Buddy/Roughy and leave him out this time or put Buddy up the ground and Hawkins as FF. The boys on Krock were urging him to kick more goals against Brisbane because they thought that might get him over the line ahead of Roughy this year.

The All-Australian team is in no way selected how a normal team would. You can bookmark that more flashy players will be selected. Midfielders on the flanks - bank and forward. Midfielders on the bench. It's just not how you pick a side. Crowley should have been in it last year or the year before. Nick Smith and Lonergan should be the first 2 picked in this years backline if they're taking it seriously. I have my doubts though - the flashy players will always be recognised before the real selfless, team players that everyone needs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins was a bit of a surprise last year- the selectors might go Buddy/Roughy and leave him out this time or put Buddy up the ground and Hawkins as FF. The boys on Krock were urging him to kick more goals against Brisbane because they thought that might get him over the line ahead of Roughy this year.
Usually 3 key forwards picked. Franklin, Hawkins and Roughead have been the best 3.

The All-Australian team is in no way selected how a normal team would. You can bookmark that more flashy players will be selected. Midfielders on the flanks - bank and forward. Midfielders on the bench. It's just not how you pick a side. Crowley should have been in it last year or the year before. Nick Smith and Lonergan should be the first 2 picked in this years backline if they're taking it seriously. I have my doubts though - the flashy players will always be recognised before the real selfless, team players that everyone needs.
Totally agree. It's also picked largely on hype rather than stepping back and assessing players based on their performances over the season. Late season games seem to be weighted more heavily, stats are over-relied upon and players are picked out of position.

What about Schulz? Got the same amount of goals as Tom and Roughy- is he perhaps not as good in other areas of the game?
I think Hawkins has been more consistent and better across the season. About the only area Schulz has him covered is goalkicking accuracy.

You be the judge.

Screen Shot 2014-09-02 at 7.26.08 pm.png

They're taking the piss. Brandon Ellis????

It's lost all credibility. A group of muppets.
tumblr_n6ayhwARh51qfqttlo1_500.jpg

Here's Roughead by the way. I wouldn't say he's clearly ahead of Hawkins given their respective marking seasons.

View attachment 77392
Thanks again, Catempire. Tom's stats look a lot better when you compare the whole lot, rather than just a couple of things. I was surprised by his low DE stats, as I thought he would be in the mid-high 70s. Good to see Roughy's are similar :) I would say Roughy's higher disposal average might be because he plays further from goal a bit more often than Tom. Would that be right?

Thanks again, Catempire. Tom's stats look a lot better when you compare the whole lot, rather than just a couple of things. I was surprised by his low DE stats, as I thought he would be in the mid-high 70s. Good to see Roughy's are similar :) I would say Roughy's higher disposal average might be because he plays further from goal a bit more often than Tom. Would that be right?
Yes, probably. He plays more up the ground than Tom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back