Review Cats make Swans live the GF again and add more hurt by 93 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a sensational click bate news story us being good (again) doesn't suit him. So no he doesn't.

Barrett likes Geelong and has a lot of man love for Chris Scott.

To be fair, he was very big on Geelong being his pick for the flag from very early on last season. He jumped on and pumped Geelong throughout the year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As a sensational click bate news story us being good (again) doesn't suit him. So no he doesn't.
A 0-5 Geelong off a flag gives them months of material, especially if we came good late in the year but missed finals. Its not the same but they would be combing through the offseason like they did the Adelaide camp.

Now we have a different record. The top two teams in league history to start a season 0-3, and then win the next 3 with a massive percentage swing are Geelong of 2023 and Geelong... of the early 1920s or so.

Barrett likes Geelong and has a lot of man love for Chris Scott.

To be fair, he was very big on Geelong being his pick for the flag from very early on last season. He jumped on and pumped Geelong throughout the year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Tipped a Geelong vs Brisbane GF yesterday as well.

He doesn't hate us, as you say he probably likes us if anything.

King is a different story. Has a hilarious track record of Geelong making him look stupid, more so than any other pundit.

I posted this in the ladder prediction thread but it deserves to be seen here too. Three weeks ago the season was over, look at us now!

View attachment 1670265
On The Couch started this "Premiership Window graph" with Champion Data last week, here is how its changed...

1682423680592.png
1682423995234.png

So from last week, Pies/Cats/Dees into the "Premiership Contender" spot, Swans drop down into the "oh we are fooked" part of the graph along with Tigers/Blues/Dockers. And the Bulldogs move from the "oh we are fooked" part of the graph into the "our defence is good but we can't score for s**t" part of the graph and the Hawks remain in the corner of irrelevancy.

Season 3 Ok GIF by The Simpsons

premiership window April…

On The Couch started this "Premiership Window graph" with Champion Data last week, here is how its changed...

View attachment 1670287
View attachment 1670294

So from last week, Pies/Cats/Dees into the "Premiership Contender" spot, Swans drop down into the "oh we are fooked" part of the graph along with Tigers/Blues/Dockers. And the Bulldogs move from the "oh we are fooked" part of the graph into the "our defence is good but we can't score for s**t" part of the graph and the Hawks remain in the corner of irrelevancy.
I'm sort of impressed at how all the talk shows have brushed off our win as "yeah but who did they beat, Sydney were massively undermanned".

I was worried we might grab some attention given the size of the win especially after Melbourne and Collingwood were both pretty lackluster. But the media still have them as the clear top 2 which is fine by me!

View attachment 1670287
View attachment 1670294

They've kinda been doing it for a while (atleast from mid last year if not earlier), and back then it had Geelong as a MASSIVE outlier as Premiership favourites.
As in, historically favoured.
We will be the same again this season IMO.

I'm sort of impressed at how all the talk shows have brushed off our win as "yeah but who did they beat, Sydney were massively undermanned".

I was worried we might grab some attention given the size of the win especially after Melbourne and Collingwood were both pretty lackluster. But the media still have them as the clear top 2 which is fine by me!
Swans beat Richmond: "We know Richmond are impressive, the Swans kids got a massive win here, blah blah Swans Premiership contenders
Geelong beat Swans: "Sure they won, BUT WHO HAVE THEY BEATEN?"

Swans beat Richmond: "We know Richmond are impressive, the Swans kids got a massive win here, blah blah Swans Premiership contenders
Geelong beat Swans: "Sure they won, BUT WHO HAVE THEY BEATEN?"
We weren’t contenders last year according to the media and we were in the game itself. Staying out of the spotlight is a good thing

I must admit I owe Luke Darcy an apology.

I said during the gameday thread last week that he said he'd forgotten about the Guthries and said the Abletts were the last brothers to play in a premiership side for Geelong.

Watched the replay earlier in the week, and what he actually said was that the Guthries were the first brothers to play in a Geelong premiership side since the Abletts in 2007.

I must admit I owe Luke Darcy an apology.

I said during the gameday thread last week that he said he'd forgotten about the Guthries and said the Abletts were the last brothers to play in a premiership side for Geelong.

Watched the replay earlier in the week, and what he actually said was that the Guthries were the first brothers to play in a Geelong premiership side since the Abletts in 2007.
Anyone think we can add the Henry bros to that, OR could the Swans do the impossible and get both McCartins up AND win the flag?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone think we can add the Henry bros to that, OR could the Swans do the impossible and get both McCartins up AND win the flag?

Paddy will never play again imo.

As for swans and the flag its possible they are a good group but i doubt it.

Paddy will never play again imo.

As for swans and the flag its possible they are a good group but i doubt it.
They virtually had 2 wins yesterday- 4 points, but 15% gain.
Nearly back to full strength and McLean playing well up forward.
They might use Buddy as sub.

They virtually had 2 wins yesterday- 4 points, but 15% gain.
Nearly back to full strength and McLean playing well up forward.
They might use Buddy as sub.

They did but they were playing witches hats so i dont place much stock in it.

Buddy is just about done physically but he always seems to play well against us post lonergan so im wary there.

They did but they were playing witches hats so i dont place much stock in it.

Buddy is just about done physically but he always seems to play well against us post lonergan so im wary there.
What chance both Geelong and Swans make top 8?

What chance both Geelong and Swans make top 8?

It would probably require st kilda and the dogs/adel to both drop out. Saints i think will miss but i reckon adel might make it. Dogs are so inconsistent that its hard to judge.

I dunno. I seem to remember a pretty important game last last year against us where he barely got a touch.
In fact, the much maligned Parfitt had more possessions and score in 10 minutes (8 disposals, 1 goal, 1 goal assist)than Buddy had for 4q (5 disposals, 1 behind, no goal assists)

Can't believe that round 3 in 2022 was the last time we played you guys. The AFL really needs to sort out its fixturing as anomalies like this shouldn't happen.
It was actually round 6, 2023 the last time we met.

I'm not surprised it's escaped your memory. 😏

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back