Fox Footy listing live scores

Remove this Banner Ad

I like it.
If the game I'm watching is a stinker I can see if the other one is any good.
Also lets you know when the breaks have ended if you switch to the other game during qtr time.

If people have an issue with it bung a box of Corn Flakes in front of the score.

I like it but i wished they wouldnt constantly refresh the graphic saying live on... very distracting.

Agree,I like the score in the bottom of the screen but telling us every 2 minutes the other game is on Fox Sports 3 or Fox Footy is bloody annoying.Put Live on FF or FS3 beside the score would be better.

Absolutely hate it. Been recording games to watch in full when they're on at the same time as a game that I'm viewing live and can't do that anymore. If someone wants to find out the score of a concurrent game, just change the ******* channel!

I like it, but can see both sides of the argument.

Surely in this day and age they, could give us the option to turn it off/on via a button on the remote, for those that are recording it and don't want to know the score.

i hate it. if i want to know the score in the other game i can press the down button to change channels.
should be press red and it pops up if you want it

If you don't like it because you don't want to see the score, just cover up the score with some paper or something.

If you don't like it because you don't want to see the score, just cover up the score with some paper or something.

Yeh that's not going to happen, didn't invest plenty of money on a quality TV and on Foxtel to have a piece of cardboard stuck onto the screen with blu tak purging me of screen real estate and leaving ugly marks on the screen.

Yeh that's not going to happen, didn't invest plenty of money on a quality TV and on Foxtel to have a piece of cardboard stuck onto the screen with blu tak purging me of screen real estate and leaving ugly marks on the screen.
Stand something up on whatever is holding your TV is on so it just covers up the score without touching the screen.

Stand something up on whatever is holding your TV is on so it just covers up the score without touching the screen.

The principle is that people shouldn't have to "cover" anything in order to be able to watch a game without having another game's score imposed on them. Some people like myself record concurrent games and watch them afterwards in their entirety, low tech solutions such as covering part of the TV with a stand is entirely unacceptable, specifically when one forks out money to pay for the privilege of watching these games to begin with.

I am yet to hear of a single acceptable reason as to why FoxFooty need to impose the scores from concurrent games onto out screens. No one at Foxtel or anywhere else for that matter has actually made a cogent argument in favour of having this live scoring idiocy. All we get in response for example is that turd sized twat Gerald Whately who looks like he's starving in a famine on his AFL 360 flog-a-thon calling people who oppose the live scoring imposition "luddites", without actually constructing an argument as to the actual benefits of this violation in the bottom right corner of our screens.

It seems like only yesterday that we were being told to "look away now" as we enjoyed the strains of Madonna's "My baby's got a secret".

Now? I can't avoid scores if I want to.

Personally, I hate it. We've had quite a few instances this year (including those to "Super Sundays" in a row) where I would've liked to IQ the channel 7/503 match to watch after the 2 Fox Footy matches.

It seems patently ridiculous that people suggest anyone should have to stick s**t to their screen - if you want to know the score of the other game, it's as simple as pushing channel up or channel down (I love that the "clash games" are on 503 now).

What makes this even more hard for me to tolerate is that I don't understand the reason behind it. Surely there can't be that many people whinging about having to change the channel to check scores - I'm sure that showing the scores must aggrieve more people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like it but i wished they wouldnt constantly refresh the graphic saying live on... very distracting.
Seems like it does the "Live Now...On 503" every time there's a score, which is usually the time that I glance down at the score. Surely this should be the last time they pick to hide the scores.

I don't have Foxtel but it would have to be distracting. Would only work in soccer finals/group stages when games are played at the same time and one match has a direct effect on the other one.

Mark me down for the "I hate it team" - I'm aware of how to change channels.
I note that Mick Malthouse in the Foxtel ad says something like - "I'm old fashioned and like to watch every game";
sorry Mick, get your cornflakes out.

It doesn't bother me as I don't have time to record and watch the other games anyway, but it's still stupid. I'm quite happy to manually change the one channel required in order to see the other score, and those who want to record a game to watch in full later without spoilers whould be able to do that too.

I request you all to tell me what the side boards are on the background photo to the right while focusing on this thread and without looking at it. The mechanics of vision suggest we choose to focus at a certain length and everything else gets blurred.

Just look at the centre of the game and dont' focus on the score in the corner! If its hard, train yourself.

I slid a couple of footy cards (Hodgey and Gibbo) between the border and screen and they stay there ok so haven't had to stick anything on the actually screen, also the Hawks haven't lost since, so I've just left them there.

it is stupid though, especially when they advertise IQ and every game live when you can't now watch every game as live without covering some of your screen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back