Games FPL 23/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Mahrez is tempting but I just know that if I pick him Pep will bench him again. Just like if I get rid of Cancelo he will start again. Think I will just go DeBruyn.

Yeah there's a lot of levels to consider things. Cancelo's performance this morning is actually making me lean to ditching him, but if Stones is out injured then he may have to play.

If I take a -4 I can get Mahrez, Shaw and Kane in for Cancelo, Salah and Mitro, which feels like even with the -4, I'm getting at worst an extra fixture which almost accounts for the -4, and at best 3 extra fixtures if Cancelo is out of the side and Mahrez starts both. I can't see Mahrez not at least starting one, and can't see Cancelo starting both.

* it, -8.

Kepa > Ederson
Cancelo > Shaw
Robertson > Pinnock
Darwin > Kane

Darwin now seemingly out injured for 3 weeks tipped my hand to keeping Salah as he'll likely play up top. Pinnock a great run of fixtures and a bit of a differential.

Then why get a second United defender when they play City? Why not a Newcastle defender to set up long term?

My thinking was to maximise points for the DGW but there's no guarantee AWB or Cancelo will get many minutes. I sometimes think Pep is ******* with me. I've gone with Haaland as triple captain so he'll probably sit him on the bench now.

I've got Trippier already but given Newcastle's good defensive record bringing Schar in as well might be a good option.

GW 19: 62pts
overall: 898,226th (up 150k spots)

Kane = :thumbsu:
Haaland(c) + Cancelo = :thumbsdown:

will probably do Castagne/Mee -> Shaw (doubler)
keeping Cancelo... he can't be that bad, surely !!

* it, -8.

Kepa > Ederson
Cancelo > Shaw
Robertson > Pinnock
Darwin > Kane

Darwin now seemingly out injured for 3 weeks tipped my hand to keeping Salah as he'll likely play up top. Pinnock a great run of fixtures and a bit of a differential.
Crap I missed he was out for 3 weeks. I have him but have Botman as 1st Sub so not too bad. Can move him next week now

Just went Salah to DeBruyn and Cancelo to Ake in the end. No hits.

Anyone triple captain Haaland?

Also my overall cup opponent went for a unique captain choice.

Last edited:
Just went Salah to DeBruyn and Cancelo to Ake in the end. No hits.

Anyone triple captain Haaland?

Also my overall cup opponent went for a unique captain choice.

Yeah triple captained him. Let's hope it pays off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are Liverpool :p

Touche lol. And City. :p

I jokingly suggested to a mate during the week (before Nunez's injury) that I was thinking of doing Cancelo > Shaw, Salah > Bruno and Haaland > Kane with Rashford captain. Would have looked ok so far!

Back up to 30k with 6 to play.

Got lucky with hanging onto Kepa and Kane and Martinelli blanking helped. Would have been nice if Saka held onto his second assist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back