Franks for the memories. Things don't always go well with COLA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing his interview on 7 and him expressing his desire to be back in W.A. I wouldn't be surprised to see Buddy at Freo.

Is this the one when they interviewed him as captain of the Indigenous All Stars?
And in the same interview he talked about one day wanting to go home and also said one day he'd like to be a dad. Doesn't necessarily mean right now..

After seeing his interview on 7 and him expressing his desire to be back in W.A. I wouldn't be surprised to see Buddy at Freo.

if its the indigenous game interview your referring to then there were 4 words u missed hearing him say:

I WANT TO STAY!

If not can u post a link where we can hear him say he wants to be in WA?

Gut feel is he will stay, but if he leaves, then ok, we'll get on with footy

This was Sat two weeks ago at half time on 7 I think. My Next-door neighbor is a scout for another team and a Hawks fan and he reckons Buddy's gone. He's usually right.

If we follow all the other precedents of high-profile players who have "Put their contract talks on hold till the end of the season;" (With the obvious exception of Cloke last year.) then I'm afraid your neighbor is right! All the smart mail & money has him gone to the GWS.. No chance we can match the offer and hold onto our current list. Good chance to assure our future anyhow I reckon.

oK thsnks for the four points
Didn't say we'd lose. :) Us winning will give us a better chance of luring to the Docker. We have the war chest ready for next year.

Watching Buddy at the end of the match interact with Freo players might give you an indication if he thinks he'll end up with us or not.

This was Sat two weeks ago at half time on 7 I think. My Next-door neighbor is a scout for another team and a Hawks fan and he reckons Buddy's gone. He's usually right.

My next door neighbour is an old codger who never knows what's happening.
He think Robert Menzies is still doing a great job as Prime Minister.

And he thinks Buddy is staying ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we follow all the other precedents of high-profile players who have "Put their contract talks on hold till the end of the season;" (With the obvious exception of Cloke last year.) then I'm afraid your neighbor is right! All the smart mail & money has him gone to the GWS.. No chance we can match the offer and hold onto our current list. Good chance to assure our future anyhow I reckon.

I follow the precedents set by the man himself rather than basing his decision on what other people have done in the past. He has stayed at Hawthorn for less money on multiple times in his career and he has said he want to be a one club player multiple times in his career. My money is on that he will stay, especially considering no other clubs have made an offer yet (according to Pickering :confused:). Franklin is not Ablett or Scully. I dont have any inside info and if decides to leave then I will accept his decision, but based on ther guys character I will trust him on his word.

I follow the precedents set by the man himself rather than basing his decision on what other people have done in the past. He has stayed at Hawthorn for less money on multiple times in his career and he has said he want to be a one club player multiple times in his career. My money is on that he will stay, especially considering no other clubs have made an offer yet (according to Pickering :confused:). Franklin is not Ablett or Scully. I dont have any inside info and if decides to leave then I will accept his decision, but based on ther guys character I will trust him on his word.

If Franklin & his managers behaviour over the past 9 months are any guide then He is definitely gone!

Come on guys, Buddy's contract hasn't been mentioned in the media for at least a week or more.
It was great celebrating a wonderful win against Collingwood and marvelling at Buddy's fantastic goal.
It has made a nice change to not hear about what he may or may not be doing.
He's playing good football and that's all we should be concerned with right at the moment. :)

If Franklin & his managers behaviour over the past 9 months are any guide then He is definitely gone!

He looked a lot like a man who was happy with where he was playing last week! Its all speculation anyway. we will find out in due time. Just enjoy this year for what it is i say. If he goes, so be it, If he stays then I'll be a happy man and expect some pretty big apologies directed Buddy's way from a handful of posters on here!

He looked a lot like a man who was happy with where he was playing last week! Its all speculation anyway. we will find out in due time. Just enjoy this year for what it is i say. If he goes, so be it, If he stays then I'll be a happy man and expect some pretty big apologies directed Buddy's way from a handful of posters on here!

I thought the very same thing mattyflux. He was out there and really encouraging and congratulating the younger boys and sang the song afterwards with as much gusto as I have seen. He just looked happy, happy to be playing, happy to be winning, happy with his mates and happy to be at the Hawks..

Of course he looks happy, he's playing good football with his mates at a club he loves playing for, that's not the issue, Buddy by all reports has been offered a contract making an extra 2 to 2.5 million out of the full term of his contract....Money talks!
Reminds me of the Garry Ablett situation.

You also said he was definitely signing before the season started, then after he put off negotiations you were totally dumbfounded as to the reason why!
Unless your Buddy himself, I'd bet you have no idea what he will do, just like everyone else here

You also said he was definitely signing before the season started, then after he put off negotiations you were totally dumbfounded as to the reason why!
Unless your Buddy himself, I'd bet you have no idea what he will do, just like everyone else here

I was totally dumbfounded. Wasn't the only one there, club included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back