Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s take a guess at this one shall we:
Logue: Hammy 2-4 weeks (couple of months on a ‘minor ping’)
Sturt: Ankle 2-4 weeks (making it about 10 months from a ‘minor ankle roll’)
Pearce: Ankle TBA
Lobb: PCL TBA
Walker: Foot TBA
Crowden: OP, TBA
Walter: Hammy 3-5 weeks
Cerra: Calf 1-2 weeks
Serong: Back ‘tightness’ 1-2 weeks
Ryan: Back ‘tightness’ 1-2 weeks

who am I missing?
Harley Bennell: Calf

I have said it before and I will say it again. If he has damaged ligaments, it could be worse than they have let on. I sprained my ankle and damaged ligaments and it took around about 6-8 months before it started feeling like it was anywhere close to fully healed. Even now, about 6-7 years later I still get stiffness from it.

who am I missing?
Valente, but I’m not convinced he’s a real person, so I can see how you missed him.

Last edited:

who am I missing?
Darcy

Western hyperextended his knee on sat according to mcardle in the west.
no idea what that means but my guess is good old TBA.

Western hyperextended his knee on sat according to mcardle in the west.
no idea what that means but my guess is good old TBA.
Can we blame the Cockburn surface for that too?

that's bs. It was directly in front of me. Can't remember who kicked it but remember thinking what a sh5thouse pass to Lobb's ankles. Ridiculous ball movement to a bloke over 200cm. He could've just tapped it away and we wouldn't even be discussing this but he didn't and got landed on. Contrast to the women's where Strom and Jansz kept refusing to pick up the ball in congestion all game with Strom tapping it to the advantage of her teammates.
You aren't possibly saying that a 2nd year semi-pro ruck has more game sense than a 700k seven year veteran?

I have said it before and I will say it again. If he has damaged ligaments, it could be worse than they have let on. I sprained my ankle and damaged ligaments and it took around about 6-8 months before it started feeling like it was anywhere close to fully healed. Even now, about 6-7 years later I still get stiffness from it.

of course its worse than they let on.

We have a track record of pulling this bullshit with injury lists. Our estimates are never accurate. We do it as some kind of game / edge which is kind of ridiculous and the AFL should pull us up on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a hope... not reality - sorry!

But jeez I’d almost take it right about now

Talk of SSP closing tomorrow - if the scans aren’t positive - theres a chance they’ll be looking to find another ruck / forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jesus you had me going for a minute there....
I did think Sandi looked in good nick in the warm up drills against Meek

who am I missing?
Banfield: Amputated leg, 2-4 weeks

Cursed? Lol. Every team gets injuries. Cam Rayner did his ACL today. Poor kid.

We get them consistently every year to our stars which prevents us from pushing finals. Obviously we aren't cursed just pointing out our misfortune over the years.

I’d rather re-list Hugh Dixon than Aaron Sandilands tbh.

Listing a 38 year old who hasn’t had a pre season will only ensure we have a pick in the mid season draft.

Either way if we replace Lobb with a forward we’re a ruck short. If we replace him with a ruck we’re a forward short. Can’t help but think someone who could do both would already be on an AFL list.

I wouldn’t read anything into hearing nothing on Lobb at this stage tbh. I’ve just got my fingers crossed he’s only missing the first few weeks of the season.

Hoping Sonny's is only minor. We can't score as it is and he is probably 30% of that. Let's not rush him though. He's 30 and if he gets started with repetitive soft tissues we might as well stick him with Shill now.

I don't have a massive problem with Lyon getting more years but 5 was excessive. Despite Squiggle not rating us, we were in that Prelim until Sherro closed the door.

No more big ticket trades. Aish types are fine but Hogan/Lobb types are not. I even didn't mind Matera because he showed in 2019 he could play and for a 3rd the risk is fine.

Also and more to the point of the thread, less trading in injury prone blokes, especially when they cost a packet.
And Head cases

I’d rather re-list Hugh Dixon than Aaron Sandilands tbh.

Listing a 38 year old who hasn’t had a pre season will only ensure we have a pick in the mid season draft.

Either way if we replace Lobb with a forward we’re a ruck short. If we replace him with a ruck we’re a forward short. Can’t help but think someone who could do both would already be on an AFL list.

I wouldn’t read anything into hearing nothing on Lobb at this stage tbh. I’ve just got my fingers crossed he’s only missing the first few weeks of the season.
Looked like a bad MCL to me. I did a Grade III MCL injury and wore a very similar brace to Lobb. Wore the brace for about 6-7 weeks and missed about 12 weeks in total. The brace stayed on until the laxity in the joint (instability) had improved. Then a heap of proprioception exercises incl those damn wobble boards. Fingers crossed it’s nothing worse than a Grade II and we’ll see him back in 8 weeks but I suspect longer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back