Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If we're actually considering having Fyfe return through the WAFL we're dumber than I thought. You don't return a player of Fyfe's calibre through the WAFL, he's above that, he's better than that.
Exactly right.
If he’s fit to ply WAFL he’s fit to play AFL.
Don’t want some WAFL no-name sniping him on Saturday for his 15 min of fame

With Jyes injury, he would have had surgery by now on not ? Surely sooner rather than later ,they would know the extend of the damage and prognosis of a full recovery or not ?
Didn’t he have the surgery immediately after the incident last week?
I’d say they have put him on ice for the season.

Make sure he’s right and give him a 6 month preseason.

Was hoping they’d do it tbh. Long term view, him playing again this year won’t be the difference.

Amiss playing as many games against men in the WAFL and every now and then in the AFL could make a substantial difference next year, particularly if Lobb leaves and we are looking for the next tall to stand up. The kidney injury will also mean that even if he gets a 6 month preseason he is likely to be set back then where he was this year further in terms of his physical development anyway.

Exactly right.
If he’s fit to ply WAFL he’s fit to play AFL.
Don’t want some WAFL no-name sniping him on Saturday for his 15 min of fame
Unless he's not actually match fit yet and they want him to play limited minutes, in which case it's a choice between more training or a half / three quarters in a WAFL game.

That's the only way it makes sense to me anyways.

If we're actually considering having Fyfe return through the WAFL we're dumber than I thought. You don't return a player of Fyfe's calibre through the WAFL, he's above that, he's better than that.
If he’s only ready for half a game, then you return him via wafl.

if he’s ready for a full match then you return him via afl.

no one is above getting conditioning in the wafl / vfl.

Amiss playing as many games against men in the WAFL and every now and then in the AFL could make a substantial difference next year, particularly if Lobb leaves and we are looking for the next tall to stand up. The kidney injury will also mean that even if he gets a 6 month preseason he is likely to be set back then where he was this year further in terms of his physical development anyway.
To be honest, from watching him play, I'm not sure he was going to get much more out of playing WAFL this year anyway. The only thing that looks like holding him back from annihilating that level is his size and tank.

It's probably the extra couple AFL games he'd have played this year that hurts the most

To be honest, from watching him play, I'm not sure he was going to get much more out of playing WAFL this year anyway. The only thing that looks like holding him back from annihilating that level is his size and tank.

It's probably the extra couple AFL games he'd have played this year that hurts the most

Great opportunity to focus on putting size on now, like Chapman did

Sorry to bump this thread.

Jye had a split in his kidney from a front on knee in a making contest. The surgery was to sew up the split & he is doing well in recovery. He now has a small (very small) chance of the same injury happening again, but it would need a very similar incident for it to occur.

They said it was a 12 week injury, with the club obviously writing off the year to allow him to recover fully. He will head down south for 4 weeks once their happy it has settled down & then he will head back to the club & begin rehab & light training including weights.

At this stage there is no risk to his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jye had a split in his kidney from a front on knee in a making contest. The surgery was to sew up the split & he is doing well in recovery. He now has a small (very small) chance of the same injury happening again, but it would need a very similar incident for it to occur.

They said it was a 12 week injury, with the club obviously writing off the year to allow him to recover fully. He will head down south for 4 weeks once their happy it has settled down & then he will head back to the club & begin rehab & light training including weights.

Thank you for the great news.

Great news
Get him on the Chappy rehab program and build another beast

Do we know the severity of chappys hammy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not yet we don’t. He did it at Training on Thu. Some posters seem to think because he did it at training it is only mild. I did a cracker of a Hamstring tear at training. Hopefully grade one tear, which is usually 3-4 weeks. Grade 2 is double that. Grade 3 tear and could be surgery and 3-4 months. I’m predicting grade 1 tear in the absence of no information.

Sounds like Walters was precautionary with hamstring tightness.

If Walters passes fitness test I honestly see no reason we don’t play Walters and Switta.

I’m less confident on Tabs and with his history and rain forecast between Wed to Sun I’d let him have the week off if there is any niggle or back discomfort.

Waiting for the Fyfe has COVID update.

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

From the AFL site

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Jye Amiss Kidney Inactive
Heath Chapman Hamstring 2-3 weeks
Nathan O'Driscoll Foot TBA
Matt Taberner Back Test
Michael Walters Hamstring TBA
Joel Western Hamstring 2-3 weeks

Reading between the lines :

Walters is the dreaded TBA - rule him out for this week
Tabs is a test and will prob be available.
Chappy done a common garden variety type of hamstring.
No Seb is strange. This could be a good thing or, more likely, the club has decided he will be our mystery end-of-week injury news for this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back