Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's good I suppose, but like the Noddy injury, I'll expect him to be out for the year until proven otherwise
I wouldn’t rush back to top level footy with a back fracture ( but I’m probably softer than Switta 😁)

You are right IMO, we are heading into our toughest stretch, playing teams that have a sniff of making finals. I'm confident we'll be OK, but we can't afford more men down than we already have.

Are you guys serious? Almost every team in the AFL would have less injuries than we do right now.

Breaking point would be one of the following:
  • Losing 4-5 of our most important 10 players. When Taberner comes back in I’m not sure we’re missing any. Based on form maybe Switta and/or Acres but that’s debatable tbh.
  • Losing just about everyone that can play a certain role effectively. Not even close.

We’ve got enough good/decent players to cover the loss 4-5 players that are realistically from 11-25 on our list for importance to the side. I reckon we’ve got north of 30 players that could play a decent role at AFL level.

Are you guys serious? Almost every team in the AFL would have less injuries than we do right now.

Breaking point would be one of the following:
  • Losing 4-5 of our most important 10 players. When Taberner comes back in I’m not sure we’re missing any. Based on form maybe Switta and/or Acres but that’s debatable tbh.
  • Losing just about everyone that can play a certain role effectively. Not even close.

We’ve got enough good/decent players to cover the loss 4-5 players that are realistically from 11-25 on our list for importance to the side.
Do you mean more injuries than we do?

In principle I agree, but we are still one of the younger sides in the comp, so I think we are more vulnerable to injuries beyond a certain threshold than others we are competing with.

How the **** did Chappy do a 6 week hammy in TRAINING?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GIF by Team Coco

How the **** did Chappy do a 6 week hammy in TRAINING?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same way you do a hamstring during the game. It’s called running, stopping and changing direction. I did my worst hamstring at training. Undoubtedly it was a cold early evening but I did proper warm-up and stretches and then in a drill stretching out to take a mark I did the string.

This is what I’ve been saying all along. Posters think because it was a training injury it was minor. Straight away and the early TBA diagnosis sounded more like a grade 2 - 6 week type timeframe. Ryan Daniels was told around 4 weeks. He has 2 weeks to go. You can’t rush these injuries. There is scar tissue that needs to heal and slowly stretch. Tear the scar tissue and it is curtains for the season. Same goes for Blake Acres. Good sign that he is walking and very light jogging at training already but he will be out a similar timeframe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scarcely believable that Treacy could be available in a couple of weeks. Seems crazy
My buddy is the Treacinator - the T-1000 to Tabernator's T-800. Stronger, faster, harder...

Admittedly his name doesn't work as well with Terminator in a portmanteau, but * it, great news!

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

My buddy is the Treacinator - the T-1000 to Tabernator's T-800. Stronger, faster, harder...

Admittedly his name doesn't work as well with Terminator in a portmanteau, but * it, great news!

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I wonder if this is the first time the word 'portmanteau' has been used on bigfooty.

Do you mean more injuries than we do?

In principle I agree, but we are still one of the younger sides in the comp, so I think we are more vulnerable to injuries beyond a certain threshold than others we are competing with.
Like all teams we'd be stuffed if we lost too many of our top players. Otherwise I think we've got enough depth to cover.

The difference between player 20 on our list and player 30 isn't massive imo.

I actually think we've got one of the strongest groups of 25-30 on the list in the league. Logue can't crack our backline and Hamling and Hughes can't crack the team (pending injuries obviously). Plenty of our 25-30 players would be getting regular games at a number of other teams

W
Also worth noting that the swelling around the area making it hard to get an exact diagnosis. Could be a lot longer.
Yeah I crushed my foot spent the night in hospital they said stay of it for 2 weeks and you should be right.
After two weeks tried working pain was immense got a second scan and had a plaster put on for 5 weeks.
With heavy swelling the initial scan doesn’t give you much.

what about the portmanteau 'mucklebra' or 'flipgroiner'...?!?!?! :think:
These types of comments are why I always remind myself not to day-drink on my days off when scrolling this forum. Because now all I'm thinking is those are lyrics to a song I've never heard of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back