Freo make a big play for Mitch McGovern

Remove this Banner Ad

Where would he rank in the list of freo great gets between Zac Dawson and Shane kersten?
Oh witty.

The bloke is a gun and would walk into the Geelong best 22, saying "who" you look like a fool that doesn't watch any footy.

I think he is a real threat to move.
I posted a month or two ago, before it hit the press that the Crows were worried about Gov going home as both Wa clubs are putting some big coin and pressure on him to go.
Would not come cheap. Top 10 pick.

And please stop the Gibbs talk. It's pretty obvious our young midfield is doing just fine and we need to get more games quickly into players like Milera, Atkins, Cameron, Knight and Hampton rather than one of them sitting it out for a 30 year old on the slide to play instead.

What do you mean by this?
Heard a couple of the adelaide boys wern't happy at the contracts offered . I know McGovern was over the moon to be drafted since he was over-looked twice and was thrilled at the Crows, cant vouch for anything Silent Alarm said all i can do is link them together i guess in classic bigfooty style.

What I alluded to isn't interesting nor can I really expand on it – quite simply it took him a while to get drafted so when he was he was chuffed. Obviously you'd want to do the righty by whatever club grabs you in those circumstances. And I have no idea how he feels about the Crows now, no one does, but I'd presume he's very happy to be playing every week and in a side that's going really well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I alluded to isn't interesting nor can I really expand on it – quite simply it took him a while to get drafted so when he was he was chuffed. Obviously you'd want to do the righty by whatever club grabs you in those circumstances. And I have no idea how he feels about the Crows now, no one does, but I'd presume he's very happy to be playing every week and in a side that's going really well.
I'm hoping that he feels indebted enough to the club to want to stay on for a few more years.

If he wants success, he should stay put. Nothing against the WA clubs, but Crows are in a much better position to win the big dance over the next 2-3 years.
If he wants more dosh, I'd move to Freo. I imagine they have a bit of money to throw around right now, especially with some big names looking at retiring soon.
If its for family reasons, I'd move to WCE.

In saying all this though, winning flags opens up your career post-AFL substantially. Will be surprised if he moves, although it'll be 0 skin off Adelaide's back as they have been acing player development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back