Mega Thread Freo say no to Buddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Caroline Wilson wrote this. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if she's just trolling us all.

Trolling? What? Why? How is she getting people wound up intentionally when she's not saying anything?

I think the way she talks is pretty abrasive and controlling. That doesn't win her too many friends. But as bone-dry as she is, I don't mind her for the way she doesn't buy the shit trotted out by half the male journos. The whole industry is a boys club, obviously, but the cliques that form and opinions that are never challenged are actually debated by her. Her ego thrives on being contrarian, and that's a good thing for everyone else because it ends up showing some of those inept ex-footballers and sycophants like Whateley up.

Sounds like nothing really has changed, just Caroline making out as if something big has happened.

As was the case all year, we'd be behind GWS by quite a bit. If he's interested in playing for a good team, he'll stay with the Hawks, if he wants the dosh, nobody is going to come close to GWS. We'd be in the mix, and we could offer a bit more money and still provide the big game opportunities, but we'd still be a distant third option for Buddy I reckon.

Plus a post football career at Woodside .

Would have thought WC was the more likely destination for Buddy.

They could easily trade one of their other forwards for a mid fielder.

But still reckon he is GWS bound.

Would have thought WC was the more likely destination for Buddy.

They could easily trade one of their other forwards for a mid fielder.

But still reckon he is GWS bound.

Why are they more likely? The Sharrad factor?
I wouldn't think they would be super willing to shell out a heap for him as at its best their forward line is loaded.

I wouldn't think they would be super willing to shell out a heap for him as at its best their forward line is loaded.

That's what he said though, if they trade one of their forwards for a good draft pick and ontrade that for a really good mid they can fill the hole in the forward line with a free agent in Buddy.

It would be like us trading Mundy and pick# 20 to Melbourne for pick #2 and trading pick #2 to GWS for Patton then picking up Dal Santo (or the like) via free agency.

Yeah, the Sharrod factor as well as we have come out and said that we aren't actively chasing him. I know that can change.

Also WC are desperate for mid fielders, could see one of those forwards traded if they got Buddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think 12 million to see out the twilight of his career in beautiful Sydney is the way he will go.

Something like that.

Gees the AFL is a joke in so many ways. One year they hit Adelaide with sanctions for breaching the cap on a key big fwd in Tippet, the next they're falling over themselves to provide outside of the cap "promotional" money, and lots of it, to help get another key big fwd to GWS.

Something like that.

Gees the AFL is a joke in so many ways. One year they hit Adelaide with sanctions for breaching the cap on a key big fwd in Tippet, the next they're falling over themselves to provide outside of the cap "promotional" money, and lots of it, to help get another key big fwd to GWS.

So the way to get the AFL to give us an extended salary cap is to ... enrol all our states kids in Rugby or Soccer? It works for Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back