Mega Thread Freo say no to Buddy

Remove this Banner Ad

We definitely need an ambassador for the AFL in Fremantle.
If he gets it there he gets it here.

He would not get it here we're Freo and in West Oz - it is purely for if he stays in Melb at the Hawk's. We all know it makes no commercial sense (melb based ambassador payments when there is no likelihood of them going to another sport) when the purpose is to promote the game and everyone with half an IQ knows it promotes the game more if he goes to GWS to the expanding markets - more AFL bias crap offering it to melb based players - actually quite corrupt and bordering on breaching their job's fiduciary duties.

Indirectly related to Buddy but caught my eye today.
It is the first time in 50 years that Australia has failed to score a point against New Zealand. It is their 14th straight loss to them. It is the 10th time in as many years that they have failed to get a fingernail on the Bledisloe Cup.
Advertisement
Within the confines of the away dressing room, the mood is predictably bleak. In such times, coach Robbie Deans barely talks. He will have no choice in the next half-hour when he fronts a news conference to explain - again - why he should not be sacked.
''It's not about me,'' Deans will say. ''It's about the team and what we do.''
20130816230502973174-300x0.jpg

O'Connor (right) with Lance Franklin and Ruby Rose.Photo: Supplied
But right now, the coach is in a dark place and will not be delivering any spirited oratory about where to from here. Someone prods ARU chief executive John O'Neill. Gen-Y, assume the position …
''Twenty per cent of you are letting down the other 80 per cent,'' O'Neill says, according to witnesses in the room that night. ''That 20 per cent are the same 20 per cent who have their mobile phone in their hands right now. The same 20 per cent are the ones on the grog midweek instead of complying with the rules.
''So put your f---ing mobiles away. In fact, don't even bring them with you on match day. I'm your employer. I'm not your mate. You're getting paid for the privilege of wearing the gold jersey and representing your country. And you are letting us down.''

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/with-amigos-like-these--20130816-2s24k.html#ixzz2cF2sM7i2
I guess the difference is Buddy, unlike the other spuds in the article, has actually done something.

I was about to post earlier - all you need to do is hang around Williamsburg a while. To stereotype the general look there - scruffy beard with combover, skinny colour-block jeans, cardigan, buddy holly glasses ... in summer it's boat shoes, straw hats, skinny shorts

Just to confirm, which Williamsburg are we talking about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the only franchise with low enough standards to not tell him to f**k off.

Which is ironic given he said that to the Force a couple of years ago.
Western Force are just another variety of WCE, which is why I remained a Waratahs fan after the Force were brought into the comp. And I was brought up on a strict diet of rugby union - I am the "black sheep" of the family with my love for Aussie Rules.

This is old news. She is reporting his offer was taken off the table months ago. Don't see what the big deal is. Situation is the same ... he will either stay at Hawthorn, or chase more money and move to GWS.

C'mon Budweiser, no way you want to play for those Orange and Grey soulless campaigners. heck you GWS. Give a team with some premiership prospects a shot, you hecken Vlad jizzbag of a club. Go die somewhere in your shitful NRL stronghold s**t tip and give us some of your overrated youngsters, you parasite.

Sounds like nothing really has changed, just Caroline making out as if something big has happened.

As was the case all year, we'd be behind GWS by quite a bit. If he's interested in playing for a good team, he'll stay with the Hawks, if he wants the dosh, nobody is going to come close to GWS. We'd be in the mix, and we could offer a bit more money and still provide the big game opportunities, but we'd still be a distant third option for Buddy I reckon.

Fairfax Media understands the most recent offer to Franklin was removed at the end of July after the player failed to respond to a club-imposed deadline. While Hawthorn holds some hope that Franklin will stay, any potential deal could be reduced from that withdrawn some seven weeks ago.

With Greater Western Sydney claiming it has been equally frustrated by Franklin's refusal to make a decision until the end of the season, neither club appears any wiser regarding Franklin's plans. The Giants are pushing Franklin's management for an answer as it sizes up a number of targets, including Dustin Martin and Sam Fisher.

Hopefully it's because he's signed with us ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back