Roast Freo vs Not to be trusted

Remove this Banner Ad

'careless' - WTF. That is clearly INTENTIONAL you ******* spud Christian.
Did Nyhuis run at Robbie thinking "I'll slam this b******'s head into the turf". No. Did he make any effort to stop that happening? No.
That makes it an intentional act.
Shouldn't be surprised though. Gibbs only got two for the same.

Title of this thread annoys me too.

Bigfoott pre Port vs Richmond: "We're no better than last year. We don't beat good teams. We can't be trusted". Port win.

Bigfooty pre Port vs WB: "We're bound to have a letdown after last week's win. We can't be trusted." Port win.

Bigfooty pre Port vs Melbourne: "Richmond was a fluke, Melbourne will get over us here. We can't be trusted." Port win.

Bigfooty pre Port vs Carlton: "We lost to them a couple of years ago. This is a real danger game for us. We can't be trusted." Port win.

Bigfooty pre Port vs St Kilda: "We only just got over Carlton last week. This is a danger game for us. We can't be trusted." Port win.

Bigfooty pre Port vs Freo: "This is another danger game for us. We can't be trusted." Port lose. Bigfooty: "See I told you we couldn't be trusted!"
Schulzenfest is owning this thread all by himself.

Title of this thread annoys me too.

Bigfoott pre Port vs Richmond: "We're no better than last year. We don't beat good teams. We can't be trusted". Port win.

Bigfooty pre Port vs WB: "We're bound to have a letdown after last week's win. We can't be trusted." Port win.

Bigfooty pre Port vs Melbourne: "Richmond was a fluke, Melbourne will get over us here. We can't be trusted." Port win.

Bigfooty pre Port vs Carlton: "We lost to them a couple of years ago. This is a real danger game for us. We can't be trusted." Port win.

Bigfooty pre Port vs St Kilda: "We only just got over Carlton last week. This is a danger game for us. We can't be trusted." Port win.

Bigfooty pre Port vs Freo: "This is another danger game for us. We can't be trusted." Port lose. Bigfooty: "See I told you we couldn't be trusted!"

We are a pessimistic bunch aren't we? But you can only give confidence to your supporters by how you demonstrate the way you play. Want to dominate the league...Then play like it and smash the weak teams.

We are a pessimistic bunch aren't we? But you can only give confidence to your supporters by how you demonstrate the way you play. Want to dominate the league...Then play like it and smash the weak teams.

Or, you know, at least not lose to them.

Did we beat that undermanned Freo side who didn't even have to play well to restrict us to 50 points yesterday?

brb I'll Ask Jeeves.

Freo were complete garbage. Atleast Carlton looked on and moved the ball with pace and fluidity. Freo were absolutely horrible and we were even worse. Much worse.

Freo were complete garbage. Atleast Carlton looked on and moved the ball with pace and fluidity. Freo were absolutely horrible and we were even worse. Much worse.

This is the confusing thing. At least when we've lost these sorts of games in the past you hold your hands up and can say, well, Ablett was a class above (GC 2011), or Gibbs and Kreuzer had stormers (freaking Carlton), or Barlow wound back the clock with his best game ever (Freo 2016).

What the hell did Freo bring yesterday?

Mundy was good. Neale was good. Just good. And then?

Christ.

The hardest thing for me out of the entirity of the game, honestly - was Charlie Dixon getting brushed aside like a wiry first gamer when he had the chance to absolutely and legally flatten a bloke and potentially get a scoring shot for us as a result.

Instead he meekly made contact, bounced off and fell over while Freo ran the ball out uncontested.

I've gotta say, I've lost almost all respect for him after that.

This is the confusing thing. At least when we've lost these sorts of games in the past you hold your hands up and can say, well, Ablett was a class above (GC 2011), or Gibbs and Kreuzer had stormers (freaking Carlton), or Barlow wound back the clock with his best game ever (Freo 2016).

What the hell did Freo bring yesterday?

Mundy was good. Neale was good. Just good. And then?

Christ.

They missed like 50 easy shots on goal. They could have buried us by 40+ by 3QTR time.

They missed like 50 easy shots on goal. They could have buried us by 40+ by 3QTR time.

It was the sort of performance we'd pull out in 2010-12, plucky and thereabouts, but full of errors and missed shots, before the clearly better team turns it on for barely 15 minutes and leaves our body in a dumpster.

Pound for pound the worst performance in years, but hey.

The hardest thing for me out of the entirity of the game, honestly - was Charlie Dixon getting brushed aside like a wiry first gamer when he had the chance to absolutely and legally flatten a bloke and potentially get a scoring shot for us as a result.
Instead he meekly made contact, bounced off and fell over while Freo ran the ball out uncontested.

Yes, I found myself thinking, "that's Chaplin at the Gabba all over again".

Against Wilson near our forward 50m line while kicking to the left of screen right?

Such a strange moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need a massive response from our leaders,

It will give us our answers next week with the way we respond.

If we haven't changed we are going to get belted off the park ala Melbourne or.crows of yesteryear.

But if things have truly changed at the club the our response will show.it.

Even in 2014 we had that humongous slump in the latter part of the season. Personnel has changed significantly yet the results remain the same. Either our fitness department are making the same mistakes every year or our head coach is a dud. Possibly both.

Have to admit that this week's results at all levels, score wise and injury wise makes me think we angered the Albertonian gods for breaking the prison bar tradition since 1901.

No coincidence that.

It was the sort of performance we'd pull out in 2010-12, plucky and thereabouts, but full of errors and missed shots, before the clearly better team turns it on for barely 15 minutes and leaves our body in a dumpster.

Pound for pound the worst performance in years, but hey.

It is. For mine it belong firmly lodged away with the 2007 Grand Final.

Scoff and Jest, but as stated its one thing to lose to a committed, brave, footy team who are playing for something identifiable and are all class. This is 2018 Fremantle without Sandlilands and Fyfe. We were the ones playing for something, outright second on the ladder with under six rounds to go.

By my estimation we had 8 uninjured players other than the obvious injured 2 who should have been able to win that game by their own actions against poor opposition: Motlop Wingard, Wines, Rocky, Polec, Dixon and I'll add Westhoff, also SPP. And there were others who just had to to more within there sphere of influence. * it all we went quietly into the night and we will see where where it leaves us at seasons end as a result

It was a disgrace and does beg the question do we even deserve to be in premiership contention? Are gonna reach another Grand Final and pull 2007. After today the fears are not baseless or as distant.

However I will say that not hammering the s**t out of that Macaulay Culkin clone, as satisfying and an righteous as it would have been, was the right move by Dixon. I suspect he didn't even go as far down that road as we expected because he knew it might end with entrails being used to paint grand stands. Dixon, as a ruck and a forward, means too much to us right now.

Last edited:
At this period of time everyone just needs a Butcher hug

JupVHld.jpg

And that came at a crucial time in the second quarter when we just needed someone to stand up, impost himself on the game and get us back on track.

That moment, coupled with Boak's out-on-the-full streaming into our forward 50 (also in the second quarter) were embarrassing from two of our leaders.

Did we beat that undermanned Freo side who didn't even have to play well to restrict us to 50 points yesterday?

brb I'll Ask Jeeves.
That's not the point Schulzenfest is making. People keep giving him reason post after post... Amazing!

The performance and the result were awful. That's a given. Schulzenfest is complaining that there are a desproportionate number of people here who just want to see the cup half-empty (if not fully empty) - facts and arguments are only valid if showing how bad we are; otherwise, they are irrelevant.

People try to argue against him arguning and pointing to facts that show how bad we are; thus, proving Schulzenfest's post to be true.

Last edited:
I was watching North v Sydney when our game started, one of the best H&A games I've ever seen.
Had ours recording and dipped into it a few times because initially I couldn't believe the score counter showing up. Gave up on the utter poo happening in the west and went back to football excellence.
4 years ago, who would have thought Sydney (even North) would be playing a more exiting brand of footy, and be in more entertaining games than us? Forget about current results, how far have we fallen from an entertainment value?

I absolutely hate what Nathan Basset has done to our footy side. Our game plan has his fingerprints all over it. When we win it’s ugly as *, and when we lose it’s about 10 times worse. Have we had a satisfying game all year? Freo in round 1 maybe? Almost every win has been a struggle and an arm wrestle. Footy is supposed to be entertaining and fun. This game style doesn’t win premierships, just ask Ross Lyon

Almost every win has been a struggle and an arm wrestle. Footy is supposed to be entertaining and fun. This game style doesn’t win premierships, just ask Ross Lyon

Ive said this every game this year. If I wasn’t a Port supporter I’d change the channel. I apologise to my housemates because we are consistently putting on boring matches each round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back