Prediction Future of Josh has gone to the Dogs.

Where's Schack at in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 173 42.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 34.5%
  • Does anybody even care anymore?

Votes: 95 23.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Carlos Danger, unless we receive a high PP or rocky leaves and nets us a high compo pick, or Richmond trade us both their first round picks, it will be pick 1, then match a bid on Ballenden, then use the pick traded in for Schache on next best player that doesn't figure to be a flight risk.
My logic was likely do get a PP & if we don't it will be cos we scored pick 2 for Rockliff.

So we swing away 1 & 2 match ballenden with port. That gives us Richmond's if we fight hard we might also get Richmond's other (cats or gws I forget) Then theres pick 20 as well

Plenty there to use

Just think of all the fun we can have in 2 years when 4 draftees all wanna go home at once ;)

I think we will be ok by then. I blame a lot of it on voss & leppitch didnt fix anything.

My logic was likely do get a PP & if we don't it will be cos we scored pick 2 for Rockliff.

So we swing away 1 & 2 match ballenden with port. That gives us Richmond's if we fight hard we might also get Richmond's other (cats or gws I forget) Then theres pick 20 as well

Plenty there to use

Just think of all the fun we can have in 2 years when 4 draftees all wanna go home at once ;)

I think we will be ok by then. I blame a lot of it on voss & leppitch didnt fix anything.

You dont have to use traded in picks for academy selection, so Ballenden will do to our second rd pick. Ports first doesnt count as this was traded in. If we trade for Schache, this pick will not be used for Ballendon.

post-1039-144598970924.jpg

image.jpg

grundy.jpg

Wait, what?

The concrete breasts are interesting.

3-4 first round picks is good long term, especially if 2 of those are in the top 10. Ideally we could use 1-2 of the first round picks to bring in a couple of young 2nd-4th year players that are straight up best 22- think Hopper, Cockatoo, Kennedy etc

May be wrong but I remember reading that Voss told the board over and over that they need to address the welfare issue...then the GH5 happened.
Maybe he did but it all happened under his watch. They both struck me as bigbego coaches. The new breed of communicator with education backgrounds seems to be the way to go

You dont have to use traded in picks for academy selection, so Ballenden will do to our second rd pick. Ports first doesnt count as this was traded in. If we trade for Schache, this pick will not be used for Ballendon.
I hope that's true but I'm not sure it is, got a link or something to that rule?

Reports down here , Richmond are denied any offer to josh and maybe not as keen as reported

If people think we are going to get a PP after our 1st pick, then they are kidding themselves. AFL might give us one after end of 1st round but thats it. They will say "They have got some quality on their list and l have no doubt that they will rise soon" blah blah blah

Maybe, maybe not. New AFL Football Operations manager (Evans was a huge roadblock), new AFL Chairman, Lions plumbing new depths of misery and if Schache goes, a narrative might emerge.

I wouldn't be holding my breath but it's not totally beyond the realm of possibility now. If I was the club, I'd be lobbying for priority academy points. It would be more politically palatable down south and allow us to match a bid for Ballenden and still keep Port's first rounder as a live selection.

I really hope that the club now has the processes and supports in place to assist young players to settle in, and help them develop.

I also hope the AFL recognises that these are not all issues of our making and looks at the underlying structures.

But If we as fans just put it down to voss and leppa being a bit s**t we risk lapsing into complacent false dawnism again.

The GH5 left after Voss. I seem to recall suggestions that a couple were big fans of Voss, and it was the core group of Rocky ET all that Vossy lost.

Leppa did a fair job of keeping players here, Aish and Redden aside.

We have issues but we always have and the issues will remain whoever the coach is. We can't cure them but can perhaps mitigate them.

On HTC 2PS6200 using BigFooty.com mobile app

A few things

1. Scaches manager says reports are irresponsible and inaccurate. Well, f###ing manage the solution rather than throw him under a bus.

2. Interested to see the welcome leppa gets next time he strolls out at the gabba. He is coming across as a grub right now and the anger is building.

3. The afl supposedly gave as Nobel and Fagan- does that mean that they weren't interested and were not going to apply until the afl asked them to? Did Fagan not want a chance as a head coach?

4 the gave us 'stuff' after they shafted us when they bought in gc and gws AND THEY HAVE OWNED THIS. Old old point but if we keep getting the gifts waved at us I want to wave back. With 1 finger.

5 no one no matter how talented should be a free agent after 2 years.

6 The 2 year movement is starting with us but it will spread even to Melbourne clubs. And their fans will feel like we do. That isn't good for the sport.

3-4 first round picks is good long term, especially if 2 of those are in the top 10. Ideally we could use 1-2 of the first round picks to bring in a couple of young 2nd-4th year players that are straight up best 22- think Hopper, Cockatoo, Kennedy etc
Bahaha. Nekkminit they leave in 2 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty there to use

We gotta hope the bid for Ballenden doesn't come to early.

If we look at the ladder today, Ports pick 13 can match a bid at pick 9, any earlier and points start coming off our next pick, pushing it back.

We really need what ever pick/s we get for Schache to be available before we have to match a bid on Ballenden. Otherwise we're really not going to get anything close to fair value.

North might be unwittingly doing us a solid by throwing crazy money at Martin... Richmond will have to up their original offer and you'd think they couldn't have too much wriggle room in their cap to break the bank for Martin AND get Josh. #GlassHalfFull

Must admit i am gutted he seems set to leave. Really wish lions fans will leave him be at the ressies games. No taunting or abuse.

Cant say i wish him to well once he is gone though. If that is the case.

Hope he stays. Really think he can become a good player. But alas doesn't seem like that will be for us.

I genuinely do not believe this to be correct. Both Gold Coast and GWS used traded in picks to match bids on their academy kids last year.

I will be just as worried about the Clugg until he signs. I know he is reportedly 'happy' but I just have a feeling on young Hugh. Not that he is the disloyal type, just has all the hallmarks of the type of young player that could be seduced, he will have teams in his ear - why didn't they roll out the signings with him and Berry together?

I will be just as worried about the Clugg until he signs. I know he is reportedly 'happy' but I just have a feeling on young Hugh. Not that he is the disloyal type, just has all the hallmarks of the type of young player that could be seduced, he will have teams in his ear - why didn't they roll out the signings with him and Berry together?

What are the hallmarks of a player that couldn't be seduced?

Must admit i am gutted he seems set to leave. Really wish lions fans will leave him be at the ressies games. No taunting or abuse.

Cant say i wish him to well once he is gone though. If that is the case.

Hope he stays. Really think he can become a good player. But alas doesn't seem like that will be for us.

They probably won't. Surely his manager has informed him of the possibility of negative public opinion. Booing whether you agree with it or not is part of the afl scene and it can be brutal. He must know what he is going to face and be willing to cop it. Surely.

They probably won't. Surely his manager has informed him of the possibility of negative public opinion. Booing whether you agree with it or not is part of the afl scene and it can be brutal. He must know what he is going to face and be willing to cop it. Surely.
You could hear one individual on the telecast during the second half of the game against Adelaide. The crowd was deathly silent except for one bloke jeering. Anyone who went to the game know what he was yelling?

What are the hallmarks of a player that couldn't be seduced?

I dunno, an outgoing nature maybe? a certain sorter.. down to earth nature, a bit of a Larrikin. Also those who are quick to make friendships and bonds through what you see on social media and Lions TV. Maybe, not as 'pretty' as a Aish, Schache or Clugg - not in a looks sense, but in a, feel like they would be the school captain and have had a sheltered up bringing, sense. Lewey, McStay, Gards, Matho, Berry.. are all a bit down to earth and rough around the edges, and lets face it, talent wise - being a step down limits the overtures and temptations. Look - it's very much on a feel. I had it with Schache even when everyone was raving about how much he would never leave, I just get the same feeling from Clugg. He feels like someone who might not 'get around' the lads as much, where Berry just looks like he will slot right in and make a go of it. All incredibly speculative, I know - just a feeling. TBH, we should trade any top 10 picks, I can't ever see a vic product of that calibre, not doing the 2 years and leave routine. It is literally part of the development cycle for that sort of elite talent now, they get prepped for it at 16. You do your 2 years, and you fulfil your stature and talent and the club of you and your parents choice as soon as the first chance become available. You don't build to many bonds or get that invested, it will be a bit awkward for 12 months, but by the time you're 25 no one remembers your first 2 years at Brisbane or Gold coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back