List Mgmt. Fyfe to Adelaide..wild rumour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can confirm that the two clubs with the largest amount of non-performance enhancing positive drug tests from last year were the W.A teams.
Was this published or inside word?

We could recruit the whole All Australian team and Mackay would still squeeze in there
Well, you do need to maintain a sense of culture.
Dont want too many figjams in one team.

Would be nice ... in the same way winning the lottery would be nice, if you get what I mean. Fyfe has stated that Fremantle is 'where I'll be playing my football' even though he'd slightly 'consider' other options.

Also, the poor bastard has had something like 11 surgeries since the start of his career :eek:

This is ridiculous. Zero chance of happening. IF you heard something about player managers talking to clubs, then hooray we're doing what 16 other clubs are doing. No one isn't interested in chasing the dream that Fyfe will leave Fremantle.

He won't, though. I presume we haven't all forgotten about his Brownlow speech.

Whens the last time the best player in the league left his home state to go to another club?

RG0BS1U.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He moved up there because the AFL paid him to. Is there any other examples?
Judd went home, Buddy went to Sydney, Danger went home - I remember being shocked when Colbert moved ... but we will see more of this sort of thing in the future.

If Fyfe was leaving Freo - why wouldn't he talk to Adelaide? We are cherry ripe - good list - good coach - financially secure - awesome ground - less travel - why not AFC?

If Fyfe was leaving Freo - why wouldn't he talk to Adelaide? We are cherry ripe - good list - good coach - financially secure - awesome ground - less travel - why not AFC?

Yes, someone must be wondering what its like playing at AO when Adelaide is flying. Prelim finals can be a hard thing to win, getting one here is a massive advantage. Some key player who knows they can contribute to Adelaide must be considering it now?

But i think this fyth rumor is just kicking freo when they're down.

I don't think there's any precedent in Fyths circumstances and thus no validation whatsoever to the rumor.
If there were lots of examples there would still be no validation to the rumour

Assuming that Fyfe does decide to leave a deal has to be done. This would seem to put the teams with the early picks in prime position. But, I dont understand why Fyfe would leave Freo for a club that is struggling to a similar degree as Freo. I dont buy the fact that he doesnt like the club anymore. He would only move if he feels he wont have a chance at a Premiership. So my logic says that also rules out trades to other clubs who are more or less in the same position as Freo. Considering how much better Freo will be next season, I think that probably rules out all sides out of the top 7, except possibly Melbourne and St Kilda. But as good as those two teams have been, are they really in touching distance of a premiership? They have both played a handful of top quality games at best. Rule out GWS as w,ell. That leaves 5-6 teams who Fyfe might decide to leave Freo for.

Geelong - No chance with Danger and Selwood I would have thought
Bulldogs - They have the Bont and they are paying Boyd $1m a year to play VFL. They probably cant even afford the full salary cap as it is.
WCE - Doubt he would cross town
Sydney - A good option for him, but they are running scared about losing their COLA so I think they will stay away

Hawthorn - Aging side, but still a very good option IMO, plenty of room in their salary cap with Mitchel, Hodge, Lewis etc probably expendable now.
Adelaide - We dont really want for any area in the ground, but I would think that he would finally truly replace what we lost when Danger left.

Arguably we can match all of these clubs in terms of draft pick trades. We also have as strong a squad as any in terms of depth players to trade. I dont see why we are not in a pretty good position if he did decide to chase a premiership somewhere else.

So I reckon it would come down to us and Hawthorn. Definately the Hawks would be favoured, but hopefully Fyfe sees the Hawks as the past and us as the future :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back