Game Day: NAB Cup round 1 v Carlton/Port

Remove this Banner Ad

I am with Vader, although Milne is a bad example.... I think Walker is a half forward flank, who isnt quick but is exceptional big... Not many better kicks off a step from outside 50 in traffic....

The more I read this thread and read about Walkers strengths and weaknesses, the more I'm thinking he would be more suited to Matthew Richardson Wing/high HF role. He has endurance, but not very quick. He's evasive and good in traffic and can bomb a goal from 60m.

Scrap 100m, that's useless at AFL as you never have the ball for more than 20 (sans Buddy wing run....lol Hooker).

If you look at the 20......Tex would be in front of Truck. That's all I'll say. But there's a glut of average pace players would would be about that area.

I reckon Truck would beat Tex over 20 metres.

Again, I don't care about Tex's chasing - in fact it's kind of embarrasing watching him try. On the other hand there's no excuse for him not working hard to get into space - as Buddy does unbelievably well.

My point was that he doesn't play like a KPP. He doesn't take contested pack marks (heck, he doesn't appear to even like going for them). He prefers to hang off the pack looking for the crumbs.. which would be all well & good if he were 5'11" not 6'4".

Given that he doesn't play like a KPP, what's the point in comparing him with them? Surely he should be compared with crumbing forwards around the same age?

I like how you've ignored the entire discussion, and gone back to just repeating the originally contended statement as fact.

My point was that he doesn't play like a KPP. He doesn't take contested pack marks (heck, he doesn't appear to even like going for them). He prefers to hang off the pack looking for the crumbs.. which would be all well & good if he were 5'11" not 6'4".

Given that he doesn't play like a KPP, what's the point in comparing him with them? Surely he should be compared with crumbing forwards around the same age?

I'm tired of all the Franklin hate on this board.

Leave him alone FFS :rolleyes:

He's got a Coleman and a premiership, what more do you want?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

look i love the bullshit as much as anyone.. but are you implying serious posts get moved but crap derailing of threads is okay now? I think you are. Tread carefully.

The player watch stuff being moved is being done because we want to grow the Locker Room board, not because we want to sweep player-related discussion under the rug.

It would be a boon to the forum to have a vibrant, regularly-updated Locker Room, much more so than haphazard two-page threads that vanish after two days never to be seen again.

At the moment it appears like your post is being "demoted" because so few people post in The Locker Room, but that's precisely why more posts need to end up there - people won't start posting there until there are posts to reply to.

Certainly we're not looking to stifle player discussion, quite the opposite (despite WALL-e's tongue-in-cheek dig above :p) - I'd like to see our Locker Room subforum be as active as possible.

It's a tough one stabbie. I've only really just started to venture into the backyard and very very rarely venture into the locker room. I'm sure I'm not alone there. Personally, I'd like to see those player watch pages as stickies in this forum rather than a separate forum altogether. It's the old KISS principal - don't try and complicate things by adding layers, keep it simple so more people will use it. Just my ten cents worth. :D

We get accused of trolling out own board, then you card and banned us for trolling and yet you do it all the time. Where is the accountability for the moderators.

You troll Walker, Dangerfield (by using that stupid nick name Danger mouse) and anyone with a sense of popular following and you troll them.

No wonder all the good posters are leaving. The common denominator is the change is moderators and how they troll.

The player watch stuff being moved is being done because we want to grow the Locker Room board, not because we want to sweep player-related discussion under the rug.

It would be a boon to the forum to have a vibrant, regularly-updated Locker Room, much more so than haphazard two-page threads that vanish after two days never to be seen again.

At the moment it appears like your post is being "demoted" because so few people post in The Locker Room, but that's precisely why more posts need to end up there - people won't start posting there until there are posts to reply to.

Certainly we're not looking to stifle player discussion, quite the opposite (despite WALL-e's tongue-in-cheek dig above :p) - I'd like to see our Locker Room subforum be as active as possible.

Thankyou Stabby. Finally a clear response as too the reasoning of this change. I dont feel it has been properly explained until now. I always felt the lockerroom was only for player news and stats rather than discussion. Will keep that in mind from now on. :thumbsu::)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back