Game Day GAME DAY THREAD - DOGS & TIGERS.. No trolling tolerated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be the 151st meeting between the sides and Richmond holds the advantage 78-70, with two draws.

When: 1.45pm
Where: MCG
TV/Radio

gameday.jpg

Forecast issued at 5:05 am EST on Saturday 11 April 2015.

Forecast for the rest of Saturday

Summary
partly-cloudy.png

Max 22
Partly cloudy.
Chance of any rain: 10%
rain_10.gif

Rainfall amount: 0 mm
Melbourne area
Partly cloudy. Patchy morning fog possible about the outer eastern suburbs. Light northerly winds becoming south to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h this afternoon.

IT'S A BIG WEEK FOR …

Tom Boyd.
The Tigers' backline is back to full strength if David Astbury returns and Boyd would likely face a match-up on All Australian Alex Rance. Boyd was well held by young Eagle Jeremy McGovern in round one and kicked one late goal. A bigger contribution would likely be required to help his team get past the Tigers.

TEAMS

As announced, no changes reported.

keep calm.jpg

Going to be a tough game. I think our form was better than theirs last week, and they'll miss Deledio, but I still think the Tiges will come out on top. They're more mature, more experienced and a better side overall. The MCG factor will also play a part. Just hope we acquit ourselves well, move the ball quickly, run back on defence and show the same level of intensity and pressure we've seen in most of our games so far. I do think that we can trouble the Tigers if we bring the same pressure we did last week, but in the end I think they're going to find the goals much more easily than we will.

Hopefully there's nothing in the JJ talk; as much as I'd love to see Webb get his opportunity JJ was very important to us last week.

12:15 pm would be 90 mins before start of the game.

Richmond are gettable this week. Deledio out is a big loss for them.

We should have a ruck advantage. Minson had 55 hitouts against their second string rucks last year but he has also dominated Maric during each of the two 2013 encounters.

If we can bring the tackling pressure from last week again, I think we will finish in front.

But this is what you get in the NRL/SuperRugby/GWS/Swans dictatorship of the ACT:
  • No free-to-air (delayed or otherwise).
  • No radio coverage.
  • However there's a game being played at Manuka between two of the three worst performed clubs of the last few years (GWS and Melb) and they broadcast that live into the ACT, FFS. :mad: Then they'll wonder why they don't get decent crowds at the game. :rolleyes:
Up yours AFL and Channel 7!

Thank dog I will still be able to watch it on my mobile device. :)

Heading to the game. This one's going to be very interesting, as it could go either way. Reckon the Tigers will come out on top but we'll give them a big scare.

I felt like we would lose the WCE game, same today.. I hope to see the boys prove me wrong again, and Im not going so there's no curse to worry about.. :D

I don't really know what to expect here, but I do think it will be a close game with either side able to get up. I hope there are no injuries to both sides in this fierce battle of the traditional working class teams :)

Fun fact: Richmond are only leading the Doggies by 8 games in their VFL/AFL history (78/70).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least it leaves Grant to roam on the big oval all day.
True, but I think I would rather have a quick player waiting to come into the game than a 30+ guy. Match committee may have got this one wrong. Webb for instance would be more appealing as green vest candidate.

As we seen last week with Goodes, he started to impact when everyone was slowing down in the 4th quarter. Perhaps thats the reasoning behind it

Would love for rance to match up on boyd and boyd to kick 6 , promise I won't ask for anything else for the rest of the year ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back