Review Dogs 126 def Tigers 71

Remove this Banner Ad

What a ******* win that was - finally didn’t have to almost have a heart attack from a Bulldogs game.

Bont is unreal and the most influential player in the comp.

Libba is such an unsung hero and had a great game. When Libba plays well the team plays well.

Poulter and Caleb had great games today.

Liam Jones is the glue that our defence needs - Dureya looked so much better playing with a mobile defence and JoD had a solid performance

JUH and Nauhton are superstars. Lobb gets so over hated by Bulldogs fans - good #2 ruck and decent #3 forward.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alot of lesser lights did well tonight.
Poulter continuing to build.
JOD fantastic from 100% game time.
West did what West does.
VDM showed why he should be left in defence.
Lobb took a couple grabs and got a bit of reward.

Although it was forced due to injuries the two tall defence was a genuine threat, rebound was exciting and actually had some good ball movement for the first time in a long time.

A few big positives-

Having Jones and Ed back there makes the backline so much more sturdy.

Poulter plays with really good intensity.

JOD was bloody excellent. I like him down back.

The willingness to get out on the break was bloody awesome. Probably dropped off a bit after JJ knicked his calf but bloody nice to start with such a cool counter attack.

Rhylee West has so much hardness. I have a lot of trust in him in one on one contests.

Any TISM fans out there?

Marcus Bontempelli is really quite a jovial fellow.

A lot to like.

First quarter was as good as we’ve played all season, Bont was godlike, Libba not far off and a really even contribution all around. Special shout-out to Lobb who I give a lot of flak (think it’s mostly been deserved) but his efforts and hands were brilliant all night and it was great that he got rewarded. All the forwards were sharing the love tonight. If he keeps form for the rest of the season, his first 15 weeks will be quickly forgotten.

A nice percentage booster which could come in handy. We’ve made a habit of beating up the not so good teams, 8-1 with a percentage of 143 against the current bottom 8 so maybe shouldn’t get too ahead of myself but that performance gives me optimism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back