Games you enjoyed but others didn't (& vice versa)

Remove this Banner Ad

What about any of the FIFA games, particularly the last 5. I really liked 07/08 when it had improved gameplay then compared to previous editions but now it's just nothing substantial each year, except for maybe graphics. The passing is a bit too easy at times and the defence system is horrid. I know a few people that likes 16 more then the rest of them, but still find the games meh.

Great but not for me

1 NBA 2k16 everyone loves it bar me ...and yes I'm a hoops fan
2 MGS V ....AWESOME but grew tired with a week

Loved but others a bit meh ....

Firewatch .....loved it yet many saw the faults in it
Driveclub
Everyone's gone to the raptures

Really liked watchdogas, cant believe it wasnt well regarded.

Also i could never get into the Mass Effect series

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

LA Noire was great. Helped that i was binge watching NCIS at the time so was really into the whole criminal investigation theme. Loved failing cases because i drove through the murder scene or ran over my colleagues.

Dislike the Batman Arkham games. The simple combat just does nothing for me, you dont even have to move the analogue stick in combat, just spam punch and he'll auto slide over to enemies out of range.

-I don't understand Third person shooters that aren't open world (in a GTA sense). I've never played any of the following games, because I know I'd hate them. I look at games like Uncharted, The Division, Quantum Break, The Last of Us, and I just don't understand the appeal at all. You are placed in a linear level, where you move forward and kill enemies. Except you aren't killing enemies, the auto-aim and auto-cover system and auto-movement is doing it all for you. So what's the point? Where's the game? The challenge?

-Watch Dogs is the worst game I've ever played. An absolute shambles.

The counter argument for open world is you spend a lot of time looking and getting lost sometimes and back tracking a lot ......where's the challenge in that

Now I'm just giving another view ....an open world game can be great and it can be bad for the above reasons

Journey is great game ....it's 3 hours long and it's linear but it's brilliant

I loved Last of us because the feel and atmosphere kept me glued .....

For me gaming is about immersion and feel not open world or linear determining the game

What about any of the FIFA games, particularly the last 5. I really liked 07/08 when it had improved gameplay then compared to previous editions but now it's just nothing substantial each year, except for maybe graphics. The passing is a bit too easy at times and the defence system is horrid. I know a few people that likes 16 more then the rest of them, but still find the games meh.

06 and 08 are my favourite FIFAs. 07 sucked and I'm not a fan of any since then.

I'm not sure what you guys thought but the most recent SW Battlefront was garbage.

I have a bunch of friends who play it, but I can't stand WoW. One of the most boring games of all time. I feel bad because I promised them I'd try it for a month but it doesn't interest me at all.

-I don't understand Third person shooters that aren't open world (in a GTA sense). I've never played any of the following games, because I know I'd hate them. I look at games like Uncharted, The Division, Quantum Break, The Last of Us, and I just don't understand the appeal at all. You are placed in a linear level, where you move forward and kill enemies. Except you aren't killing enemies, the auto-aim and auto-cover system and auto-movement is doing it all for you. So what's the point? Where's the game? The challenge?

-Watch Dogs is the worst game I've ever played. An absolute shambles.
I wouldn't refer to The last of Us as a Third person shooter. I would say it's more to do with stealth and strategy to take down your enemies one by one rather than gun fights. You can go in gun ho and shoot everybody and everything but that is a very quick way to die in most situations. Normally you have to reduce the numbers to about 2 or 3 before considering going for a direct gun fight. In the areas where you are forced to fight you need a strategy to survive the onslaught. Sneaking tends make a slower pace game and I can understand it's not for everyone.

I tend to agree with you about uncharted. There are more gun fights in that game and the controls feel too clunky for gun fighting for that sort of game. Tomb Raider was much better IMO.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First play through of Borderlands 1 I never got past the 2nd boss. Too difficult playing alone, and just wasn't digging the animation style.

Started a second play through with a mate years later and loved it. Co-op makes unbearable games bearable. Hoping to start Borderlands 2 sometime in the near future.

Dislike the Batman Arkham games. The simple combat just does nothing for me, you dont even have to move the analogue stick in combat, just spam punch and he'll auto slide over to enemies out of range.
I don't dislike the games but the universally-praised combat system has never done anything for me either. Feels fluid, sure, but it also feels like you're a bystander while he *s s**t up.

I purchased Batman Arham Knight today from EB Games. Played it for a little while, it is pretty average. Will take it back tomorrow and get something else.

Didn't like Super Mario 64. Was good for the first hour then the map repetition got tedious. DK 64, Conkers and the Banjo games were far superior.

Also agree with the Bulletstorm calls, game play was brilliant. Should really have launched a franchise.

Alpha Protocol is one of my favourite games ever - I know public opinion turned on it a bit over time and it's looked at somewhat positively nowadays but I remember critics being savage towards it when it came out.

One for the vice-versa aspect:

Valkyria Chronicles.

It is not a strategy game. It is a glorified puzzle game, and not a very good one at that. It's riddled with exploits, unbalanced mechanics and awful AI - the sort which will send infantry running head-first at your tank. There are some interesting ideas there, but it's just so poorly executed. The main strategy involved seems to be replaying missions over and over again to learn enemy positions and understand the often obtuse gimmicks and quirks - a railing which somehow absorbs all shots in chapter 10, for instance. It's a grind, and not an enjoyable or rewarding one.

If the story was great it might be worthwhile, but despite some early promise it quickly descends into trite dialogue and grating anime tropes. The attempt at a serious story is undermined by the juvenile battlefield quips and the dissonant nature of the objectives - throw your people into risky situations to win as fast as possible. It's hard to get caught up in a dark tale of the horrors of war when you have soldiers who squeal "Yay! Happy grass!" at the sight of a meadow.

After forming such a positive first impression, I found this game profoundly disappointing.

I actually loved Quantum of Solace. On the hardest setting it was a real challenge. So satisfying finishing done if those sections after dying 100 times.

I also enjoyed the original PREY. It was Portal before Portal. Blew my young super-high mind.

Both of those games are generally considered failures.

I played the first mission of Prototype after hearing raving reviews and borrowing it from a mate. It sucked. I took it out and gave it back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back