Past Gary Rohan (Missing: report any sightings to the Geelong physio) - traded 2018, to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to buck the trend here on Rohan, I think public opinion has swung too far to the negative side this season. We know by now what we're going to get from him, but it might still be worth taking the punt on him in the finals. Even if he goes missing for 90% of the game, given that our last few games have been decided by relatively small margins, a short cameo and a couple of goals at key moments could be all we need from him. You can howl me down if you like.

Going to buck the trend here on Rohan, I think public opinion has swung too far to the negative side this season. We know by now what we're going to get from him, but it might still be worth taking the punt on him in the finals. Even if he goes missing for 90% of the game, given that our last few games have been decided by relatively small margins, a short cameo and a couple of goals at key moments could be all we need from him.

The thought of this cases me to drink excessively!

We've been good lately, yeah we lost to Hawthorn but put Parker and Buddy in and we win that by 6 goals. Take Hawthorn's best 2 players out and see how they go.

Not totally against Rohan playing but he needs to show more than 1 half decent NEAFL game.

Going to buck the trend here on Rohan, I think public opinion has swung too far to the negative side this season. We know by now what we're going to get from him, but it might still be worth taking the punt on him in the finals. Even if he goes missing for 90% of the game, given that our last few games have been decided by relatively small margins, a short cameo and a couple of goals at key moments could be all we need from him. You can howl me down if you like.

Ill howl you down in the fox thread

I'm with you on this one. Sure guys like Robinson and Fox have played roles (sometimes quite well), but a Rohan style player who can give us those big moments... that's something we're lacking.

Plus I don't think it's any surprise that the impact of Ronke & Hayward has dropped off a bit since Rohan dropped out of the side.

I'd like to see him play up front w/ Buddy. Don't think he has the heart and ferociousness for midfield - perhaps the leg injury has mentally scarred him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm with you on this one. Sure guys like Robinson and Fox have played roles (sometimes quite well), but a Rohan style player who can give us those big moments... that's something we're lacking.

Plus I don't think it's any surprise that the impact of Ronke & Hayward has dropped off a bit since Rohan dropped out of the side.

I have no reason to believe they're linked.

Ronke kicked 5 against North while Rohan was out of the side and Hayward has played quite well often since Rohan has been out. I agree that they've both become quieter as the season has gone on but I don't think it has anything to do with Rohan not being in the side.

Absolutely Ronke and Hayward have dropped off because they’re kids and they’re tired

Absolutely that’s a factor.

But still, Rohan’s the guy who would split the focus off them when he’s in the side. He plays both that #1 pressure forward and marking forward role that the kids have been asked to cover.

Well 10 possessions are all you need when 2 of them can make magic happen, just when you need it to.

I look back to the game we won against the Hawks at the G when he took that mark against Sicily right at the end of the match. His pace made that mark happen. I can't explain it but I feel more comfortable with Rohan out there.

Sorry to disagree, but big moments and finals does not compute re- Rohan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back