Review GBU vs collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1995135

View attachment 1995131

From the roar.

Keays isn't getting enough heat for his selfish play. Repeat offender.

Yeah this isn't a good look at all. Players everywhere, the 2 minute signs wouldn't have gone up yet, and we were up at the time. No need to go hail mary there on what would have been a low percentage shot at best. I love a lot of what Keays brings, but this is costly.

someone who is more of an outside player is going to take longer to adjust to afl from sanfl than an inside player.
Yet we give him 1 game last year (where he was fine) and then we drop him, absolutely deplorable management.
Especially given that we have some engine room grunt but could use a bit of outside polish at times

Keays is very greedy and doesn't know his limitations. Anyone who has played team sport has played with someone like this. They're always the worst.
He's the George Costanza chucker

Every time we give you the ball, you shoot

Watched a bit of Footy Furnace last night and they showed the stats for Marshall v Jackson, they are both effectively another midfielder with their clearances, contested possessions and disposals.

We are stuck with an unco who can’t mark, win a clearance and can’t kick. We have to find another ruckman for next year, he’s diabolically bad.

Have to agree. For all the complaints (rightly) about our midfield it is coming together. Soligo, Rankine and Dawson is very good. Crouch is a reliable inside player as well
While we are struggling to lure another top shelf mid we could get significant improvement by finding a ruck that has some athleticism and can be useful as a conduit in the midfield.

This should be a plan B assuming we fail to lure a McCluggage type to the club - it could make almost as much difference to the team

If Darcy Cameron wore a Crows jumper on the weekend we win that game comfortably

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm just totally sick of seeing a Crows side with Jones, McHenry and Murphy named in it.

Then add in a cooked Smith, Sholl and Hamill - Thats a third of your side. Truly staggering we even got within a goal.

Absolute indictment on the club that our 2 best players by absolute daylight (Rankine & Dawson) were traded in. We have not drafted any elite guns. Soligo is on a good trajectory and Rachele is too inconsistent.

Club is a total rabble and Nicks is a total dud.

I’m with you on most of this but can’t cop this statement. He’s a very consistent performer. He’s playing a role that is hard to be prolific in and often goes unrewarded.

He’s also in his third year.

Go look at what Rankine and Dawson were doing in their third years.

I’m with you on most of this but can’t cop this statement. He’s a very consistent performer. He’s playing a role that is hard to be prolific in and often goes unrewarded.

He’s also in his third year.

Go look at what Rankine and Dawson were doing in their third years.
Agree with this

Rachele is doing fine in a difficult role and will only get better

Crouch is at least creative as a stoppage mid - Laird isn't, he is absolutely useless there.

Watch the difference between the quality of our clearances when Rankine or Soli are in the middle, versus Laird - it's all just shit handballs that don't create anything, or dump kicks to nobody.

He has become a massive handbrake, he should be either in defense, or SANFL - absolute waste of time to have him in the middle.

And Keays - christ, is there a more selfish player on our list?

That set shot from 50 - everybody but him knew he wasn't capable of kicking that, tries anyway. Snaps on goal when others are clearly in better positions which arguably cost us the game.

I like the guy in general, but this is a issue with him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1995135

View attachment 1995131

From the roar.

Keays isn't getting enough heat for his selfish play. Repeat offender.
Pretty good article on the failures of the last three minutes.

Most of it came down to our players not understanding the best option in such scenarios is to create stoppages. Bottle the ball up and resist any urge to create open play.

Numerous players failed in doing that.

That is a coaching/ teaching thing. Teaching the players how to create such play and revising it at training so it is muscle memory.

No Collingwood player would ever have taken that kick, or RoBs kick. Plus the other errors in that article.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

While we are struggling to lure another top shelf mid ...
Reported on CH.7 tonight, Club has made a play for Yeo (OOC end of 2024), tempting him with a 3-year deal.
Are they allowed to do that while he's still contracted?

190cms/88Kgs, Yeo is 31 in October; best years 2018-19 when he made AA.

Here's a photo of Curtin when he found out ==> :grimacing:

Have to agree. For all the complaints (rightly) about our midfield it is coming together. Soligo, Rankine and Dawson is very good. Crouch is a reliable inside player as well
While we are struggling to lure another top shelf mid we could get significant improvement by finding a ruck that has some athleticism and can be useful as a conduit in the midfield.

This should be a plan B assuming we fail to lure a McCluggage type to the club - it could make almost as much difference to the team

If Darcy Cameron wore a Crows jumper on the weekend we win that game comfortably

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Upgrading at 1st ruck probably represents the biggest and simpliest single positional upgrade they can make to overall team performance.

Thought the same.

Imagine ROB with the game on his boot.

If he'd gotten it there, then at least we could run 30 seconds off. We had the lead.

The proper play was to Laird, who then chips to Rash (assuming the player peels), but either way we didn't need to blast at anything. A handball to a stoppage inside 50 is more than fine.

The very single worst thing you could do was get blinders on, get reckless with the ball, and risk it coming out of the back where you had no cover. Which of course is what he did.

Just mention this because it reminds me of Ben Keays, it was either F1 or Moto GP and there had been some kind of crash and one driver went into the pits and said to an opponent "your ambition outweighs your talent".

Reported on CH.7 tonight, Club has made a play for Yeo (OOC end of 2024), tempting him with a 3-year deal.
Are they allowed to do that while he's still contracted?

190cms/88Kgs, Yeo is 31 in October; best years 2018-19 when he made AA.

Here's a photo of Curtin when he found out ==> :grimacing:

Hell no.

We don’t need Yeo.

Who is thinking this shit up?

Hell no.

We don’t need Yeo.

Who is thinking this s**t up?
I'm pretty sure they said Adelaide.
Just Googled; plenty of articles online confirming it.
Yeo has played 37 games in last 3 years (injuries), wtf?

Why don't they just work on Curtin instead? Many good years ahead of him.

One thing thats getting on my nerves is people blaming the umpires for our loss.

Bouncing the ball is one of the most basic skills of the game. Rankine should have bounced the ball. There is no ifs or buts. I get its an inconsistently called rule thats why we see players run over all the time but that is literally no excuse. He had time to keep running, he had time to bounce the ball. It is entirely Rankine's fault he got called. By running over, you are gambling with the call. As a player he would have known. Should have, could have, but didn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back