Geelong and Sydney - can anyone stop them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, I'm pretty stoked to still be sitting where we are.
No one expected us to be inside top four at this stage of the season.

Meanwhile, your pitiful club is going to finish bottom two :$
Rebuild is coming along well, getting valuable gametime into the kids who are showing great signs

The slightly older Stengle, Miers, & Zuthrie would be top 5 in the B&F, while Holmes might well be leading it.

Ollie Henry leading the goal-kicking wouldn't be too far down the list either.

To be sitting 7-3 while doing that is all you can ask for as a supporter.

Get to witness the future without the caveat of hating football for 6 months of the year.

No risk of that. I mean Sydney have never had a very poor Grand Final performance in modern history.
Past performance is not a guarantee of future results.

Geelong choked in finals 2016-2022 right until they didn't. Richmond couldn't win a final 2013-2015, then there was a dynasty. Port 2001-2003 were hung up by Williams tie...until they weren't.

You're definitely not a simpleton, but it is only simpletons who would look on a series of previous grand final results to mean anything whatsoever about the current premiership chase.

We all know we're capable of that unfortunately.

That and corrupt umpiring.
See my above post. It's not a factor. Sure, failure can occur in any game but the only grand final you could argue is relevant to this group is 2022. They're a young group that has gotten better and upgraded parts of the team, as well as shedding used parts.

And it's just as likely 2022 remains the big motivation, much like the 2005 SF was still used for Geelong in 2007 (after a tricky year in between) and 2012 was used for Hawthorn.

So yeah, I just don't buy that stuff. It's only used as supporter superstition to protect against potential disappointment. RUNVS pulls off that style of posting immaculately, but I know they don't actually buy it.

See my above post. It's not a factor. Sure, failure can occur in any game but the only grand final you could argue is relevant to this group is 2022. They're a young group that has gotten better and upgraded parts of the team, as well as shedding used parts.

And it's just as likely 2022 remains the big motivation, much like the 2005 SF was still used for Geelong in 2007 (after a tricky year in between) and 2012 was used for Hawthorn.

So yeah, I just don't buy that stuff. It's only used as supporter superstition to protect against potential disappointment. RUNVS pulls off that style of posting immaculately, but I know they don't actually buy it.

Superstition and being overly emotional is what makes being a supporter fun, no?

Well for the sake of my own sanity I hope your right. I can't take another unexpected thrashing or robbery.

Superstition and being overly emotional is what makes being a supporter fun, no?

Well for the sake of my own sanity I hope your right. I can't take another unexpected thrashing or robbery.
I would actually argue otherwise on superstition as it is a step away from reality and is a way to manage your emotions. I mean everyone does it to some degree, but actually believing in a grand final curse and you know you're in lala land.

On being fully emotionally invested, yes that is fun. And I think if you genuinely believe your side is the best in the comp you can quietly get excited (no screaming at oppo supporters), then accept the pain if there's a let down finish. Which in a knockout format, can happen. Luck always plays a part. The MCG grand finals are what they are.

Sydney are easily the best side in it right now. It's just a matter of getting the landing right in finals. Easier said than done!

No one is stopping Sydney. Clearly the standout team this year.
Probably deserve another flag for being up for so long. Good luck to them.

And yes, Geelong should be removed from the thread title. Pretenders this year. Will probably play finals but will be eliminated week 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OP needs to change thread title to remove Geelong, because I do think Sydney are a walk-in for the flag unless they have a serious grand final blunder.

2014,2016,2022 ring a bell :p! add in a few more Elmination/Semi final horror defeats inbetween.

Consistency and luck around player availability is a huge huge factor determining how well a team is going.

Well, I'm pretty stoked to still be sitting where we are.
No one expected us to be inside top four at this stage of the season.

Meanwhile, your pitiful club is going to finish bottom two :$

Lol you get called out for talking nonsense and this is your response. Looks like that grand final loss must still sting, hey?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back