Geelong and Carlton - Can they go all the way?

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton aren’t even a garentee of making finals. No hope.

Geelong can from outside the four if they get it together in theory. But more likely to make prelim at most.

Too tough getting it done outside top four.
Cats blew their chance against Sydney. Had to ice the game in final minute.
You can guarantee Melbourne, Brisbane and Port losing a couple more but they already banked enough wins.

Carlton have to beat Collingwood and they probably make finals (remarkable).

All the way? As in winning the flag? Carlton? Let's worry about Eagles next week.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a s**t idea for a thread.

95 per cent of people think the flag is a two horse race, most of the other 5 probably think Melbourne is the only chance of disrupting that.

But it is always interesting to see who may be, or who people think is, the side that can be the joker in the pack. From memory a lot of people thought last year - and I was one of them - that Richmond if they made it to the finals could do some damage. Every year there are teams not setting the pace but who play occasional patches of football that rival the best teams.

Carlton have just belted Port.
Even Geelong, as bad as the final outcomes were, led both Port and Collingwood at half time. Don’t really see what the harm is in assessing it

Can either Geelong or Carlton go all the way? Both teams are in-form right now and the teams I am scared to play against come September
No you don't, you fellas tried this stuff last year too with all the Geelong threads pre finals. All the pressure is on Collingwood, bundling it in finals yet again would be a disaster, especially after dominating the H&A season from the first minute.

Carlton, no.

Geelong could definitely win it from outside the top 4. If we have no more major injuries and build some good momentum, I'd back us against anyone in the finals. The belief will be there after what happened last year. A lot would have to go right though.

Can either Geelong or Carlton go all the way? Both teams are in-form right now and the teams I am scared to play against come September
What I find somewhat ironic is that this time last year collingwood we’re praying that they snuck into fourth place to get an “underdog” free hit at geelong infront of 100,000 screaming pie fans at the MCG with a bit of smirking arrogance they would win.

Now, geelong is praying to sneak into fourth and hoping to get collingwood first week, and collingwood are terrified of the idea of it this time around.

Carlton with games against Dees and Pies, Suns up at Metricon, Saints (usual bogey team) and GWS who are in good form to finish the year.

Would say it is highly unlikely they make finals, and even more so with McKay not playing for the rest of the year,

Geelong could go deep into finals but I don't think they are as good as Port/Collingwood.

Carlton - not a chance even if they do sneak into the finals which is unlikely to begin with.

Thread should be Carlton and Richmond.

Thanks to Brisbane's finals/MCG woes and the Dees impotency Geelong have joined the group of the main contenders.

Likely only one of Richmond or Carlton makes it, and they'll be the smokey if/when that happens.

A lot depends on finals match-ups.

I'd be more confident about beating Collingwood on the MCG than I would of beating Port at AO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back