Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good win
Needed win
Was 77 points up

Won by 47

Took the foot well off the pedal.

Wouldnt want to dish that up V a top 8 team so we will see next week.

Got the 4 points and Flags not won in April.

Stengle injury not great and some sore boys i think after this.

Will want to sharpen up big time by next weekend.

Sav was good again but Parf didnt set the world on fire.

Back into 10th on the ladder so onto next week

Go Catters

Re Parfitt
I've read similar sprays about Kolo, Sav, Miers, and others.
Parfitt has not lost skill.
Simply form, CONFIDENCE, and momentum.
He will redeem himself.
Anger on these threads directed at a single player as if he is the only culprit is LAME.
Nobody was miffed when he was subbed on in the GF, and scored a goal and had more possessions than Buddy or Heeney

Re Parfitt
He will redeem himself.
Anger on these threads directed at a single player as if he is the only culprit is LAME.
Nobody was miffed when he was subbed on in the GF, and scored a goal and had more possessions than Buddy or Heeney

I didn't see any anger towards Parfitt - just a common agreement that he is our weakest link by a clear margin.

He was directly responsible for several goals to the opposition today. His ball use was poor.

Re Parfitt
He will redeem himself.

Sydney were a bunch of witches hats in the GF.

Not fussed about the final margin, when the game needed to be won we blew them away.
As much as you'd love to go on and truly annihilate teams when up by 77 halfway through the 3rd, once in that position you also have the luxury of taking it easy and looking ahead in a long season.

Has to be confidence with Parf, we know he can be a better player than that. Kick has always been an issue but has typically been a competitive bugger with a step through traffic.

I don't think he should've been sub though, never should've been picked. He didn't play well in the VFL, the cats website reported it as if he was BOG, he simply wasn't and looked off the mark even at VFL. Parf should be at the very least elite at VFL level.

Solid win. Defence is a little bit of a concern. Giving up 89 points to a weakened team was not great. Although, the eagles did score a number of goals from umpiring errors.

Cats played one good quarter and looked pretty ordinary for the rest of the match. Obviously not fit enough to play out a game. Parfitt did enough to show he is not quite up to it. That embarrassing turnover in the last quarter really hurt his cause. Tomahawk was good until he hit the wall. Ratugolea was good in the first half and terrible in the second half. Ollie Henry needs to learn how to kick at goal. He kicked 2.2 and two out on the full. Geelong played one qood quarter but overall were underwhelming. The opponent was an undermanned team missing their key defenders who will end up challenging for the wooden spoon. The positive is a win's a win. The negative Stengle will be out of action for a month and a half.

I didn't see any anger towards Parfitt - just a common agreement that he is our weakest link by a clear margin.

He was directly responsible for several goals to the opposition today. His ball use was poor.
He is well liked and respected by teammates and coach.
That speaks more loudly than the reactive comments we read here.
Yes, he was off today.
What did he do last week?
Not much.
With Stengle out, expect Parfitt to get more continuity , not less, and in the firsts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The team is still a ways off their best, and this game proves that. But we needed the win, and we got it. At Round 5, that's about as good as it gets considering the start to the year we have had.

Good games from Stewart, Paddy, Jezza, Blicavs, TBone, Close, Holmes

Parfitt was awful when he came on.

I hope Tyson is OK.

Last edited:
He is well liked and respected by teammates and coach.
'That speaks more loudly than the reactive comments we read here.
Yes, he was off today.
What did he do ,last week?
Not much.
'With Stengle out, expect Parfitt to get more continuity , not less, and in the firsts.

Reactive is a bit much.

It's as plain as day he's not playing well and isn't up to the standard currently.

If you don't like what's glaringly obvious to most viewers that's your issue.

Reactive is a bit much.

It's as plain as day he's not playing well and isn't up to the standard currently.

If you don't like what's glaringly obvious to most viewers that's your issue.
Not my issue when he gets selected...

If he's out for the next few, so be it.
I like Parf, no doubt, and I have faith he can get back to his best.

Not fussed about the final margin, when the game needed to be won we blew them away.
As much as you'd love to go on and truly annihilate teams when up by 77 halfway through the 3rd, once in that position you also have the luxury of taking it easy and looking ahead in a long season.
You almost get the feeling we knew this was a guaranteed W - did what we neede to and just played the game out - particularly if you see that lacklustre singing of the song.
Focus now on the GF rematch this week👍

Pretty pedestrian game; the Eagles did ok to remain somewhat competitive but we basically put it to bed before half time after another slow start.

Shame to see Tyson Stengle go down, worst case scenario is a break and a few weeks on the sidelines.

I thought that was Bowes best game for 2022 by far; looked far less hesitant, converted a nice set-shot snap and generally used it well.

5 M. Blicavs - worked really hard in the ruck and at the coalface, drifted forward for 2 goals
4 P. Dangerfield - some strong clearance work, a couple of nice marks and his defensive work was better than usual
3 G. Miers - having a great year so far, hunting the ball on the deck, consistently hitting up short targets
2 M. Holmes - able to burn off opponents with ease
1 I. Smith - used his experience and superior athleticism to good effect

Re Parfitt
He will redeem himself.
Agree – and Atkins escaping notice after playing two quarters more footy than Parf and managing only two more touches and one less tackle.

To seriously contend in 2023 one or more of Atkins, Parfitt, Bruhn needs to start winning more contests. Too much being left to Danger. Holmes good again, Blicavs much better, Cam Guthrie still out of form.

Parfitt was horrible in the 2s v the Suns a week or so back had his big chance this arvo to cement a spot and failed miserably Cam Guthrie no better everything has deserted him so fare this season hope the hell Stengle isn't long term good to get the four points big one coming up next week passengers in that one v Swans would really hurt us.

You're the one lambasting people for stating the bleeding obvious.
I read through 2 pages of drivel on the match day thread as if Parf was the reason WC clawed their way back into it. I know this Cats BF always has to have a whipping boy, goes without saying; unfortunately, i read it post by post today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back