Review Geelong d Richmond by 67 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember back in 2015 remember we had a ton of injuries? The VFL team was actually struggling for players against the Bombers.
Even Luxford got a game.
I can't remember even the most one eyed of us saying "oh we only lost against the top team cause of injuries" or "we'd win the flag if it wasn't for injuries"
They're just harping on it way too much.
Was that the game where we actually had to get permission to get top-up players for our vfl side because we didn't have enough available players to field a team?

Yes our youth is hopeless... Is that why our VFL team sits on top of the ladder?

Even if your coach acknowledged we have injuries which had an effect on our ability and that they spoke of it during the week aswell...

But no... You fools keep on getting moist over beating up a team on one leg.

Yes our youth is hopeless... Is that why our VFL team sits on top of the ladder?

Even if your coach acknowledged we have injuries which had an effect on our ability and that they spoke of it during the week aswell...

You're just lucky we didn't use 2 legs.

Was that the game where we actually had to get permission to get top-up players for our vfl side because we didn't have enough available players to field a team?
I reckon that could of been it. Then GHS (who somehow didn't get a game in the seniors) went down with an injury.
I remember Cookie saying at the end of the year it cost the club a fortune getting extra top ups every week.

And put Selwood back into the middle?
Yep, by the time we hit the finals I want to see both J.Selwood and Dangerfield in the guts, which I suspect is what the coaching staff will do, only this time they won't need to get 35+ touches each for us to win as the contributions are as evenly spread as 07' - 09'.

Does your team have injuries?

F***off Richmond scum, why are you even here.

Nope. He's not playing as good as we've seen in times past.

He improved his stats in the junk time after the first quarter, but under pressure he was vulnerable.

And metres gained? Meh. A meaningless, frilly bit of verbal nonsense imported from the US by the commentators in a bid to boost the appearance of their intellect.
Not keen on trying Bews as an alternative. You would be swapping out around 230metres of attacking footy on average per game, based on last year. And what for? A back pocket we don't need for a hb/winger we do.

Metres gained is a very important metric, dismiss it at your own peril. It identifies driving the ball forward, rather than side chipping. Ultimately, AFL is a game of contested force 'em back. If you don't have players gaining metres it means you are going sideways and backwards.

Geelong are now 11-1 for the season with a percentage of 151.3. This is the 7th best start to a season through 12 games in AFL history. (1990—>)

1991, West Coast were 12-0, 195.1%
2009, St Kilda were 12-0, 173.6%
2000, Essendon were 12-0, 160.6%
2009, Geelong were 12-0, 150.8%
2011, Geelong were 12-0, 142.9%
2011, Collingwood were 11-1, 170.2%
**2019, Geelong are 11-1, 151.3%**

Every one of those teams made the grand final.

-----
For some additional info, after Geelong's win:

- 5 teams in history have started 12-0,
- 8 teams in history have started 11-1,
- 14 teams in history have started 10-2.

Stolen from Reddit

Stolen from Reddit
Not sure if it was 7 or Fox Footy that bought it up last night, but everytime Geelong has started the season with a minimum of 11 wins from 12 games (11-1 or 12-0), we have gone on to make the GF.

They listed like 6 or 7 seasons where we had started with that record

Not sure if it was 7 or Fox Footy that bought it up last night, but everytime Geelong has started the season with a minimum of 11 wins from 12 games (11-1 or 12-0), we have gone on to make the GF.

They listed like 6 or 7 seasons where we had started with that record
Oh shiiiiiii-

**Holds the lid down firmly**

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are mostly enjoying it because of how balanced and rationally Tiger fans are taking it

C2ACC0DA-99E1-4859-869D-2F248E806E46.jpeg

Especially if it pushes you out of the 8

Remember back in 2015 remember we had a ton of injuries? The VFL team was actually struggling for players against the Bombers.
Even Luxford got a game.
I can't remember even the most one eyed of us saying "oh we only lost against the top team cause of injuries" or "we'd win the flag if it wasn't for injuries"
They're just harping on it way too much.

Yep 3 good players out, but that's just an indictment on the other "best 19" then, they must've been getting carried by the other 3 all this time. In Cotchin, Martin and Lynch that is a third of their salary cap. Really got good use out of them last night...

But in fairness, as another poster said, Rance is worth 20 goals o_O

Last edited:

You come to our board and call us fools?

chalk up one infraction...returning might draw a problematic outcome. I'd advise you not to test it.

You've had your say.....now move on to your next defeat this coming week.

Probably shouldn't be so reliant on those 3 then. Rance and Riewoldt are big outs but are they 11 goals difference? Nank is your own fault for only having one ruckman on your list. We have 4.

You were smashed and gave up in the thrird, just cop it sweet cos you sound like an idiot being too prideful and pretending it didn't happen or was a one off, you've been smashed by GWS, Collingwood, Bulldogs and Norf this year. You have hardly any players in good form, that is your problem.

Lol at everyone in here having a wank fest at beating a time missing almost half its regular starting line up.

We have 8 players with less than 10 games playing.

Injuries we just have to suck it up and accept it but if we beat Geelong missing
Danger, ablett, Hawkins, selwood, Duncan, kelly.. I would not be reading much into it.

The players we have out are automatic inclusions in our best line up.. 8 players..

Not saying we would have won with them in as Geelong is clearly having a great season, But it is most certainly not the team that beat you the last few times..

Bag me all you want but those are the facts and is why majority of media articles reference Geelong beating an undermanned Richmond.

Mate, get serious. I’ll give you Rance and Jack, but name another player you have out that would even tie the shoelaces of Ablett, Selwood, Danger, Duncan or Kelly??

Astbury’s pretty good, but prob no different to a Hendo. You’ve dropped Broad this week and Ellis fairly recently. Nank is best 22 but has been replaced pretty well by Soldo and you wouldn’t have played two anyway.

Atkins - 11 games
Clark - 11 games
Henry - 33 games
Kelly - 35 games
Miers - 12 games
O’Connor - 19 games
Ratugolea - 18 games

You were comprehensively smashed by a team with 7 players in their first or second season.

Lowest score at the MCG under Hardwick with a forward line containing four premiership players and your million dollar recruit.

Cry me a river.

Plus a 35yo with banged up shoulders...

The Swans jumped up in the first quarter the previous week as well, except our fightback came before quarter time. I'm noticing a fantastic ability to score really heavily really really quickly resurface in this Geelong team - it's been a feature of Bomber's team as well as Blighty's in years past (even though Blighty's boys unfortunately never quite got to the chockies).

Good times ahead!

You're spot on Geelong_Sicko. The Hawks and Swans games were notable by late flurries of goals in the moments before 1/4 time that had the effect of turning perhaps 20 minutes of dominance by those respective sides into a narrow deficit, and i reckon a feeling of 's**t, we held them and controlled play for most of that quarter, and we're behind??!' It is a magnificent ability to deflate an opponent, the quick flurry of goals, and i reckon Geelong's now demonstrated ability to not only do that but kick accurately as well has had a big impact in putting a space between the Cats and their opponents. Plus, when they spend a lot of time to get maybe a 2-3 goal advantage it must frustrate and demoralise them when Geelong can erase the deficit within a blink of an eyelid and then pour on the power. That 15 goal burst in the middle quarters, few sides have that ability.

It's really exciting to see this Geelong side play. I'm loving seeing the enthusiasm the players have for one another, the joy in the faces of Miers, Rohan and Dahlhaus when they score a goal or contribute with a crunching tackle. It's a treasure to see Gary Jr back at his real home and enjoying his footy and showing us his sublime skills, which i can hope we see for a couple more years, but am realistic to know it won't be for much longer at age 35. And seeing Esava starting to blossom, seeing Hawkins look so imposing and powerful, in my 51 years and probably 40+ years of following Geelong he's the best key position tall forward we've had in that time....Gaz Sr obviously not a classic 'tall' of course. He's playing better than peak Stoneham of '91-94 and Billy boy i reckon.

It looks like a group on a mission and they are showing a talent to come together and get results on the field. It's only halfway through the season, but there was a bit of the Pies Rd 23 2011 about the Tigers game and results like these should only give the group more confidence that what they are doing is working. Keep up that sort of intensity and skill....yep it could be a great result for this season. But no chickens are to be counted yet of course...however i'll enjoy watching them that's for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back