Autopsy Geelong loses to Sydney by 17 points at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

House has been in the system a bit and is a bit sturdier than Zuthrie.

But, I guess my thoughts are with the dropping of Menzel, replacing him with Zuthrie. I know Parfitt was the one, but with a seriously underdone Hawkins, another forward would have helped.

To be honest, Sav is our best ruck. Go with him, put someone else CHF who can crash a pack.
Crameri for Zuthrie I agree.

Interested to see what Pure_Ownage thinks about this (not that the MC will do it).
House in to play as the interceptor. Stewart plays on a smaller forward and we release Tuohy to run off half back.

Atm without Hendo and Taylor and a soft Stanley we struggle to win a contested mark down the line on a kick out so get repeat entries. Zuthrie, Bews, Thurlow and Kolo provide little run so we have no run off halfback either.

We need to get one of the two and moving Tuohy to a more attacking role is the easiest to manufacture atm.

Sadly, we don’t have anyone at the club with a fraction of character that Chappy had to dish out home truths.
We don’t have anyone with the character who could handle them either
After reading the Ezra Bray suff during the week who gives a rats tossbag what Chappys thoughts are.

He will be very good but today was not the day to play him. We have too many young players in the side and need steadier players. Also did we need a midfielder or a defender???? Our selectors should be changed

A tip for this week
Out: Thurlow (I think he may not play for us again), GHS (sadly), Zuthrie (needs time in the VFL)
In: Constable (why not?), Ablett (fingers crossed), Selwood (please, I look forward to the next time we meet 'the Dog")
I hope we can drop Stanley for Smith if he is OK!!!
Menzel, who knows?

I think Murdoch is the out before any of them.

We need a bullocking / tackling machine like Josh Kennedy I’m not sure anything will get better with GAJ.
Scooter is a tackling machine.

Composure and class will get better with gaz. Don’t underestimate him. He’s a freak. He’s slowed down he’s but his composion is still elite.

Last edited:
Oh I know about the rotations. I'm stoked with what we've done this year and I'm still upbeat.
Agree on Cocky. He's my fave player bar Selwood but I'm now realistic on what he'll produce this year.
Cunico has offered at least as much as Cuthrie. We have not missed him.
Don't care about Taylor. We now have a backline that can play the bigger grounds.
Taylor is just gonna hurt that.
Blitz and Stewart are a better combo than Taylor/Hendo. Provide more offensively, more run and get back quicker to cover.
Even today our defence didn't cost us at all. We were fuking destroyed out of the middle in the last. No defence could stop that.
Ablett is just icing to me.
I still stand by Menzel, Parfitt and Scooter were our biggest outs today.

We where smashed out of the middle your right. We have been ordinary there all season defensively with the players.

We do miss both Taylor Henderson badly, Stewart is a medium defender not a key defender. We do need at least 1 back, if not both.

Cam was playing good footy before his injury and having an influence. Can’t wait for him to come back into our side.

Like I said before we could easily be sitting 6-0 with 0.1% good fortune and a good injury run.

It is not as bad as some here dance and sing about

We where smashed out of the middle your right. We have been ordinary there all season defensively with the players.

We do miss both Taylor Henderson badly, Stewart is a medium defender not a key defender. We do need at least 1 back, if not both.

Cam was playing good footy before his injury and having an influence. Can’t wait for him to come back into our side.

Like I said before we could easily be sitting 6-0 with 0.1% good fortune and a good injury run.

Keep telling you self that,but no he wasn't.

The commentary team was all calling umpires call of behind and couldn’t see how it was a conclusive goal to override the umpires decision. They where very stunned by it. No conclusive evidence at all
They even changed who kicked the goal 5 minutes later. If that isn't confusion I've never seen it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After just getting home from going to the game, I was quite upset at the loss. The midfield just stopped.

And that number 24 had a absolute nightmare of a game, worst umpiring ever, couldn’t even call it back after his crappy bounce.

We are a bunch of soft ***** who play bruise free footy. We need to harden the **** up. Too many guys who won't put their head on the line as someone else can do it. We need a chappy to stop the shit and fire up some campaigners.

IMO these 2 heat maps show why we lost today.
The first is Zac Jones last quarter, I thought today we played Gregson as a defensive forward on him “ I could be wrong” and did a great job for 3 quarters
The last quarter we let him do what he wanted
He had 11 of his 19 disposals in the last

The second photo is Josh Kennedy’s 4th quarter
It speaks for it self.
14 disposals, 7 of which were in the center of the ground which resulted in center clearances.

7FB8D4FB-BD88-4634-BD4F-A4FAD6B4FDD7.png AAE3EDFF-01B8-4508-AE6A-E6C85DB81CDD.png

Leaders - J Selwood injured, Danger injured, Duncan NQR, Hawk injured. Then there's Harry and Lachie and Scooter and Menzel.

I'm not defending the laydown but clearly there are issues with the team in terms of fitness. Many of the young guys are doing what they can - Stewart and Henry + more. But there is a limit to what they can do.
And according to K-Rock Dangerfield had a limited pre-season which may be impeding his play at the moment-- Did we know that???

Those around me weren't happy with a Danger in the middle and thought Scott took too long to send him forward in the last

I tried to explain having him forward won't help if we can't get our hands on the ball
But he wasn't getting his hands on the ball in the middle. We completely broke down there. Partly because Stanley wasn't even touching in a hit out most of the time. But Selwood and Dangerfield had little impact in the middle.

Underrated post. Very overrated footballer. Completely goes to water under pressure. Can’t believe not many people can see this.
Typical Irishman. Chest out talk a heap of shit then fumble when the real heat is on.

Quality and accurate post. He isn’t a defender’s ********.

Few are willing to admit it.

I'm not carrying on about crowd figures on opposition boards cherry picking whatever I can to make Hawthorn look good. Not quite full Hawkk.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk
True. However our record in finals is not attributable to Joel.
Look at his performances in many of them. He pulls his weight when others don’t

I thought Cam was ok, even thought he was one of best against the Hawks but I knew we'd never miss him and we haven't.
Don't know what more Stewart could be doing. AA defender for mine. Never seen a big forward tear us apart yet.
Dunno what the stats are but I'm betting we're close to worse for I50's against.
I'd bet we're scoring most of our goals from rebound 50's too.
Our defence is awesome now and not just at KP which always inflates how good we are.
We are 1% off being 6-0 because of our younger players not despite of them.
Most of our experience and leadership is in the middle where we are getting fuked up.
Ablett doesn't help that either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back