Geelong to go undefeated in 2024??

Remove this Banner Ad

well I called a troll 3 weeks ago ago simply because i shared my thoughts that the cats were overrated due to their easy draw. Next minute 3 losses in a row. I hope the Geelong fans can at the very least acknowledge that it wasn't trolling, just an opinion that has proven to be true.
You said we were the form team in the comp heading into the Melbourne game...

The true test for Geelong started against Brisbane and continues for the next 5 weeks. Brisbane supporters said prior to the game that they were a good wet weather team. They were as desperate as a week before against Melbourne.

If Geelong ends the 6 week run at 3-3 it's fair to say they are middle of the pack. 4-2 or better and maybe they will challenge for top 4.

Of course, it was a ridiculous post by the OP designed to create hype that could then be cut down. Geelong supporters would've been delighted with a 4-2 start and would now probably be happy enough to be 9-3 in 6 weeks time.
danster168 these were my reflections when this ridiculous thread was made. So much for my crowing about being premiership favourites.

With a third loss it's fair to say we are middle of the pack, even if we bounce back with a win against GWS. We'd be ecstatic to be 9-3 after this poor run, now.

danster168 these were my reflections when this ridiculous thread was made. So much for my crowing about being premiership favourites.

With a third loss it's fair to say we are middle of the pack, even if we bounce back with a win against GWS. We'd be ecstatic to be 9-3 after this poor run, now.
Ok that's fair enough. I stand corrected. Thanks for posting without getting nasty. next week should be a real cracker.

As I said 3 weeks ago, won’t beat a single top 8 side this season, they’re just not good enough.

By tomorrow night, every team they’ve beaten will be bottom half of the ladder and every team who has beaten them in will be in the 8. I do hope they make top 4 on their soft draw and we get them week 1, be an easy game.

Ok that's fair enough. I stand corrected. Thanks for posting without getting nasty. next week should be a real cracker.
I will stop mentioning the DMs, I've delivered the receipts.

Don't get me wrong I'm still disappointed with the last 3 weeks. You may well have predicted this drop off better than me. The Port game it was unforgivable to drop. The Gold Coast game it was unforgivable to not be competitive.

Are we still a decent finals chance? I'd say so. But a stack of players have to bounce back if we are to even contend for top 4. Lose next week against GWS and I'd say 5th-8th is our best aim. 6th is where I had us before a ball was bounced (softer draw, strong at home, better pre-season, likely less injuries).

I will stop mentioning the DMs, I've delivered the receipts.

Don't get me wrong I'm still disappointed with the last 3 weeks. You may well have predicted this drop off better than me. The Port game it was unforgivable to drop. The Gold Coast game it was unforgivable to not be competitive.

Are we still a decent finals chance? I'd say so. But a stack of players have to bounce back if we are to even contend for top 4. Lose next week against GWS and I'd say 5th-8th is our best aim. 6th is where I had us before a ball was bounced (softer draw, strong at home, better pre-season, likely less injuries).
No chance you'll miss finals. You're very hard to beat at home. I don't think there is a stand out top 4 anyway. A very even top 6.

No chance you'll miss finals. You're very hard to beat at home. I don't think there is a stand out top 4 anyway. A very even top 6.
Agreed. I'd have Sydney ahead and then it is close with the next 6 or 7 teams. But with the rolling form ladder Geelong move to the bottom of that pack and now desperately need a bounce back win against GWS to avoid being around the Dockers/Suns/Bulldogs of the league.

I don't believe in mulligans but at least the previous two weeks we made a game of it. They gave up after quarter time tonight when Gold Coast put the turbo on.

Carlton are not a top 8 side, like Geelong their ladder position is due to a soft early draw. Now they’re playing other top teams they’re in free fall and will be out of the 8 by Saturday.
Aren't we 2-2 against top 8 teams rn with an injury list the length of the Burj Khalifa? While we aren't humming by any stretch I'm not sure I'd call that 'free fall'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The testing part of the season is upon Geelong. Three consecutive losses with the Giants to come, albeit at home. Should beat Richmond but then the Swans (genuine threats), Blues and Essendon (looking for credentials). Think we'll know a lot about all four sides at the end of it.

danster168 you're a fair and reasonable poster... Was my post above 'whinging about injuries' ?

Some squeaker seems to be having a tantrum in response to it
Ooooh still reading everything I say, I see. "Block" list not quite working.

And your return post was to whinge about me calling you a whinger.

I'll keep pointing out your umpire and injury whinges for all to see.

The testing part of the season is upon Geelong. Three consecutive losses with the Giants to come, albeit at home. Should beat Richmond but then the Swans (genuine threats), Blues and Essendon (looking for credentials). Think we'll know a lot about all four sides at the end of it.
Realistically we need to win 3 of those games to be back in the mix. The Sydney game is an auto-loss.

Beating GWS at home and winning one of the Melbourne-based games has us in top 4 contention. Lose all 3 and that's all she wrote. Win just one, alongside the Richmond game, and it's an 8th placed making up the numbers finish that's most likely.

danster168 you're a fair and reasonable poster... Was my post above 'whinging about injuries' ?

Search function is quite enlightening.

"Can we just wrap up the round now? I'm on such a high watching this the only thing that could ruin my weekend is the Swans giving us a touch up."

Death riding Geelong is officially more important to you now than wishing for a Carlton premiership. Pathetic.

And no matter how much you want him, you aren't getting Stengle so the same old deficiencies will remain.

A 7-0 start is nothing
I remember Collingwood being 5-0 in 2000 only to lose 14 of their next 15 games and end up finishing second last!

I’ve seen enough from Geelong to suggest a similar fate awaits for them this season

It is seriously pathetic to whinge and complain about injuries every second post for an entire football season on the main board.

Carlton’s injury list is a valid factor. It would be silly to suggest otherwise, just like Geelong’s is slowly mounting up and their performance is beginning to suffer as a result.

Carlton’s injury list is a valid factor. It would be silly to suggest otherwise, just like Geelong’s is slowly mounting up and their performance is beginning to suffer as a result.
Nah, performance of the 26s and over is suffering. There's no cop out. It's a weak attitude.

Who missed last night? Cameron, sure he's a star but he had already hit a relative dry spell. Dangerfield is a difference maker but he's almost 50 years old.

Hawkins is done. Duncan had a couple of shockers and badly needed a rest. SDK has had patchy form. He's a solid enough KPD but is no superstar. We had J.Henry and Kolo - their poor games were not down to SDK missing.

The 25 and unders, minus a couple of notable exceptions? They did their job. The rest didn't. That's where the autopsy leads us. A similar story for each of the past 3 weeks, compared to the first 7. That's where there is work to do, none of this "just wait till we get players back!" nonsense.

That’s like saying to the Klan “‘……you are a misunderstood activist group. Am I also misunderstood?” And then you walk into a ‘whites only’ bar.

Nah, performance of the 26s and over is suffering. There's no cop out. It's a weak attitude.

Who missed last night? Cameron, sure he's a star but he had already hit a relative dry spell. Dangerfield is a difference maker but he's almost 50 years old.

Hawkins is done. Duncan had a couple of shockers and badly needed a rest. SDK has had patchy form. He's a solid enough KPD but is no superstar. We had J.Henry and Kolo - their poor games were not down to SDK missing.

The 25 and unders, minus a couple of notable exceptions? They did their job. The rest didn't. That's where the autopsy leads us. A similar story for each of the past 3 weeks, compared to the first 7. That's where there is work to do, none of this "just wait till we get players back!" nonsense.
Yeh but you aren’t beating good sides without Cameron and Danger and SDK are so much better then their alternatives that you look a different side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back