Preview Geelong V Port Thu June 15 @ AO 710 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m wondering if we hold Duncan back 1 more week to be certain he gets a substantial mid-season break and is FULLY recovered?
CS would be loathe to make wholesale changes to the line-up.
Maybe Danger, Holmes and Bowes in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m wondering if we hold Duncan back 1 more week to be certain he gets a substantial mid-season break and is FULLY recovered?
CS would be loathe to make wholesale changes to the line-up.
Maybe Danger, Holmes and Bowes in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be a brave call given we really need to lay all our cards on the table for this game, and every game going forward.

Knevitt out would be harsh after his last game. Important that we reward good form.
It's more important we play close to our best side and he isn't in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't at all, was just tongue in cheek :)

My point being we're the best, and we don't have to envy any other club. We've seen so many players/teams be 'the next big thing' over the years; but in this century there's only been one constant: The Geelong Football Club.

Even if it's something small, I just try to never think the grass is greener somewhere else...because it isn't. We're the best, and I'm grateful everyday for being born into a Geelong family, appreciating what our club has done and what it will continue to do.

However we ended up here, we're all damn lucky to be supporting this club.
Hahah. Yep- I know how lucky we are. So rare what we have had for the past 25 years, and I don‘t take any of it for granted.
And I know port have got a marvellous bunch of mids- I like watching butters and co as they go about it and I can appreciate the fun that’s going to bring them-doesn’t mean I wish port were my team!

This will be a tough one to win for three reasons 1. We don't traditionally play well after a bye. 2. Port are in scintillating form, and 3. Even with Danger and possibly a few others back our form is not setting the world on fire. But it wouldn't surprise me that coming in as massive underdogs might work in our favour.

Hahah. Yep- I know how lucky we are. So rare what we have had for the past 25 years, and I don‘t take any of it for granted.
And I know port have got a marvellous bunch of mids- I like watching butters and co as they go about it and I can appreciate the fun that’s going to bring them-doesn’t mean I wish port were my team!
Perfectly put.
I see no reason that Geelong supporters can't admire and appreciate emerging talent in opposition teams.
It's unhealthy to not do so.
Any true supporter could never follow another team anyway, but we are absolutely blessed with what we have as Cats supporters, BUT that doesn't mean we should expect us to be the likely flag winner every year, and that other teams/players can not be rated or appreciated.
After all, Geelong often attracts some of these really special players

Do we need to lay our cards on the table?
Or do enough to win?

I think our best is still the best in the comp. We don't need every trick to win just enough to win.

We all said that about the Dogs game, and look what happened.

Belief is more important than anything for our group right now - so holding one player over but having the belief we had last week, whilst bringing in Bowes, Danger and Holmes - is leagues better than bringing in Dunc as well - but not having the confidence to think we can beat them.

I'm excited for this week, as we'll really get to see exactly where we're at for the 2nd half of the season.

This will be a tough one to win for three reasons 1. We don't traditionally play well after a bye. 2. Port are in scintillating form, and 3. Even with Danger and possibly a few others back our form is not setting the world on fire. But it wouldn't surprise me that coming in as massive underdogs might work in our favour.

We've won our last two post-bye games - one admittedly against WC. But the 2021 game was against Port in Adelaide. Really high-quality game where we got away in the last. I'm not sure post-bye holds the same fear it once did - although 3 players returning from injury does complicate things.

We've won our last two post-bye games - one admittedly against WC. But the 2021 game was against Port in Adelaide. Really high-quality game where we got away in the last. I'm not sure post-bye holds the same fear it once did - although 3 players returning from injury does complicate things.
Was that the game Rozee kicked 4 in the first quarter?

Sorry Jhye but Sam Simpson is behind Knevitt and Ollie Henry, despite looking very smart and neat with his socks up. Henry is matching him for 1. something goals a game and Knevitt is is at least his equal now. If Sam can get a few more kicks I'll think again.

I'm hoping we can do what the Dees did to the Pies, namely pressure them in to errors. The Dees did the competition a service by showing that the Pies can be forced to over-posses the ball.

We'll need a big game from Atkins of the sort he produced in the last quarter last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back