• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 52 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
The G is better. It suits our game style and backs to the wall against a hostile crowd (if we're lucky enough to land an MCG tenant) - nothing beats those finals wins.

Imagine Geelong finishing 3rd or 4th and Collingwood or Carlton "hosts" us at GMHBA. The flag just wouldn't feel earned. Doing it the hard way might mean less flags, but higher quality ones as far as difficulty.

Except Hannebery calls GMHBA:

1. An unjust ground

2. Ridiculous proportions (rectangle shape)

3. Couldn’t stand to play or watch a game there

4. Stadium capacity is too small

To summarise, it’s a s**t ground that everybody but Geelong people hate including the AFL and you only keep it to keep your home ground advantage. Glad that Hannebery thinks the same as me and many others. But I guess we are all just crazy right?

1. An unjust ground

To summarise, it’s a s**t ground that everybody but Geelong people hate including the AFL and you only keep it to keep your home ground advantage. Glad that Hannebery thinks the same as me and many others. But I guess we are all just crazy right?
The G is better. It suits our game style and backs to the wall against a hostile crowd (if we're lucky enough to land an MCG tenant) - nothing beats those finals wins.

Imagine Geelong finishing 3rd or 4th and Collingwood or Carlton "hosts" us at GMHBA. The flag just wouldn't feel earned. Doing it the hard way might mean less flags, but higher quality ones as far as difficulty.

Mission successfully failed on getting a bite, Cleaner.

Mission successfully failed on getting a bite, Cleaner.

Hmm? It’s not bait, it’s what he said.

And your post is contradictory, you said playing at the G suits your game style but it means less flags? Do you actually read what you write?

And your post is contradictory, you said playing at the G suits your game style but it means less flags? Do you actually read what you write?
I heard that interview too and he also said he was a hypocrite because SCG is just a strange of a shaped ground, virtually round.

Geelong is similar to Adelaide Oval and Giant stadium dimensions, no one gave a toss about geelongs ground until we won a flag in 2007 and we have played there since 1940, so it’s blatant tall poppy syndrome for all to see.

It's sort of like speaking to a child sometimes. This is really, really basic comprehension man.

The current version of the side suits playing on the G. The slower sides of 2016-2019 that wasn't the case. And a style advantage is cancelled out when you are playing on an opposition's home ground. That's what makes it so satisfying to win there. You wouldn't get it.

This is literally a banter thread for Geelong v Richmond and people are having hissy fits that people are throwing crap to each other about Richmond v Geelong.

What do people seriously expect? If you don’t like it don’t read it. Seriously the whinging from some people on this site is insane. Some of us liking talking crap and not being robots on every thread just to be polite.

“People are having hissy fits”?

lol. I can really only see ONE person having a hissy fit.

It's sort of like speaking to a child sometimes. This is really, really basic comprehension man.

The current version of the side suits playing on the G. The slower sides of 2016-2019 that wasn't the case. And a style advantage is cancelled out when you are playing on an opposition's home ground. That's what makes it so satisfying to win there. You wouldn't get it.

Mate I’m just going off what you said. You said it suits your style then said it will mean less flags. It’s ok you made a mistake, don’t dig yourself a hole. I’ll forget about it.

Mate I’m just going off what you said. You said it suits your style then said it will mean less flags. It’s ok you made a mistake, don’t dig yourself a hole. I’ll forget about it.
Believe it or not our team doesn't have a similar style to 5 or 7 years ago. That could have something to do with having a load of different players with different attributes.

But given you are struggling so much with this concept, it's probably best to move on.

Believe it or not our team doesn't have a similar style to 5 or 7 years ago. That could have something to do with having a load of different players with different attributes.

But given you are struggling so much with this concept, it's probably best to move on.

You didn’t mention anything about previous gamestyles in your previous post. Just the current one. Your back flipping skills are sublime, go to the Olympics.

Why are you still doing this. What are you achieving by pursuing this mate.

You have cracks at people all the time as individuals and then when someone points out Hanneberry’s intelligence you get stuck into them for getting personal.

Where does it get you or anyone else?

Why does it matter so much to you?

“People are having hissy fits”?

lol. I can really only see ONE person having a hissy fit.
It's pretty historic to have one guy on two seperate accounts make up the top 3 of contributors in a thread like this.

I honestly don't believe I've seen it done before.

IMG_2975.jpeg

We've got the Bay for a reason. Move s**t like this there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you still doing this. What are you achieving by pursuing this mate.

You have cracks at people all the time as individuals and then when someone points out Hanneberry’s intelligence you get stuck into them for getting personal.

Where does it get you or anyone else?

Why does it matter so much to you?

Because of you mostly

Time to eat some humble pie

It's pretty historic to have one guy on two seperate accounts make up the top 3 of contributors in a thread like this.

I honestly don't believe I've seen it done before.

View attachment 1975834

We've got the Bay for a reason. Move s**t like this there.

Now divide that number by how many people I’m replying to. That’s what happens when you take on a pack. Most people are scared of you guys, I am not. I’ve seen you guys hunt people in other threads.

But yes, I’m for this thread moving to the Bay too

Jesus H Christ, what are the mods doing with this thread. Move it to the Bay and the let the usual suspects talk all the manure they want. Not sure when the last sensible post was made, but the last few pages... FMD.
You are very welcome to talk to anyone in here, start a different convo and ignore the people you don’t want to engage with. This is a banter thread, we clean up swearing, abuse, inappropriate content etc, anything that break BF rules. Other than that if people want to babble on in circles that’s really not the mods fault, we don’t control everything people say here nor should we.

There are plenty of threads for serious convo’s or you can start your own 🤙🏻 As someone said previously, this thread gives us somewhere to move the ‘rubbish’ and keep it out of other threads. It’s serves a purpose.

Now divide that number by how many people I’m replying to. That’s what happens when you take on a pack. Most people are scared of you guys, I am not. I’ve seen you guys hunt people in other threads.

You are welcome to post in the Bay or not post in here, it’s actually up to you.

This is a ‘banter’ thread guys, no one has to post here but those that want to are welcome to. We’re not your kindergarten nurses :$

Last edited:
You are welcome to post in the Bay or not post in here, it’s actually up to you.

This is a ‘banter’ thread guys, no one has to post here but those that want to are welcome to. We’re not your kindergarten nurses :$

I think having somewhere to talk s**t is important for sports fans (The Pies vs Carlton one is good too).

Otherwise it really is boring, if this thread belongs in the bay or whatever move it there and I’ll post there.

I think the banter is good from Geelong supporters mostly. Especially the chicken poop thing hahah

I think having somewhere to talk s**t is important for sports fans (The Pies vs Carlton one is good too).

Otherwise it really is boring, if this thread belongs in the bay or whatever move it there and I’ll post there.

I think the banter is good from Geelong supporters mostly. Especially the chicken poop thing hahah
If we wanted it in the Bay we would have moved it there.

My dude we're not the Mafia. It's really not that deep.

Most posters (myself included) give a jab or two every now and then and then leave. It's when this s**t goes on....and on....and on that we get sick of it, and we both know the culprits.

It doesn't stay maintained to here either. It spills into any vaguely Geelong related thread on the MB.

People are sick of it, and that's not just Geelong/Richmond supporters.

1. An unjust ground

Did you know there’s a Chin Chin inside GMHBA. It’s the place to be!

There is a reason why you’re on ignore for most posters

Insufferable trol

Back