• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 40 22.3%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 55 30.7%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 52 29.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:

So I read on the Hawkins thread apparently he hasn’t kicked more than 8 goals or kicked 70 goals in a season like the other great forwards have.

I think I need to reassess how good he is because that’s straight up trash ngl.

2021-honda-civic-trunk.jpg

So I read on the Hawkins thread apparently he hasn’t kicked more than 8 goals or kicked 70 goals in a season like the other great forwards have.

Oh please don’t “reassess how good he is”. That’s so mean and nasty. You’re gonna make me cry.

No for real instead of thinking I’m trolling, is a career high 8 goals in a game good when pretty much every other great forward has kicked double figures. Jack has gotten 11.

And again is never kicking 70 goals in a season good.

No it’s dogshit. And you just thinking I’m trolling mean you are in fact delusional and can’t cope. Hawkins is only considered good because he’s played a lot of games, that’s it. His peak is horrid even Curnow has more Coleman’s and McKay is even. Pretty sure they’ve had better career highs too.

EDIT: Yes, just checked. Curnow has kick 10 in a game and 81 in a season. He’s factually better than Hawkins at his best.

So lachie Neale with two brownlows is better than Dustin Martin

No for real instead of thinking I’m trolling, is a career high 8 goals in a game good when pretty much every other great forward has kicked double figures. Jack has gotten 11.

And again is never kicking 70 goals in a season good.

No it’s dogshit. And you just thinking I’m trolling mean you are in fact delusional and can’t cope. Hawkins is only considered good because he’s played a lot of games, that’s it. His peak is horrid even Curnow has more Coleman’s and McKay is even. Pretty sure they’ve had better career highs too.

EDIT: Yes, just checked. Curnow has kick 10 in a game and 81 in a season. He’s factually better than Hawkins at his best.
You're just choosing arbitrary benchmarks and in doing so you're only denigrating Jack Riewoldt given how comparable the careers of Jack and Tom were. Jack only kicked 70+ in a season twice, so are you saying his 15 other seasons amounted to not much?

Jack may have kicked 10+ on three occasions, while Tom didn't do it once. Jack kicked 6+ on 16 occasions and Tom on 14 occasions, so you might also argue that is a win for Jack, but then you'd have to concede that Josh Kennedy is better than Jack because he did it on 22 occasions, as well as having two 80+ goal seasons (which Jack never did) and 10+ goals in game three times (same as Jack).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're just choosing arbitrary benchmarks and in doing so you're only denigrating Jack Riewoldt given how comparable the careers of Jack and Tom were. Jack only kicked 70+ in a season twice, so are you saying his 15 other seasons amounted to not much?

Jack may have kicked 10+ on three occasions, while Tom didn't do it once. Jack kicked 6+ on 16 occasions and Tom on 14 occasions, so you might also argue that is a win for Jack, but then you'd have to concede that Josh Kennedy is better than Jack because he did it on 22 occasions, as well as having two 80+ goal seasons (which Jack never did) and 10+ goals in game three times (same as Jack).

I can’t split Jack and Kennedy other than 3 Colemans to 2.

Not sure how denigrating Hawkins denigrates Jack. You believe they are close. I don’t.

Jack beats Hawkins in every goal kicking measure apart from total goals because he played less games. That’s not arbitrary at all.

I would get it if Hawkins played in a bad team but he played in better teams on the whole as well.

Thoughts on the AFL sending the umpire head honchos to personally come down to Geelong and meet with Scott to discuss rules and umpire interpretations? Crazy that your mob have been parading CFL umpire conspiracy for half a decade or more and we get the umps rushing to our doostep to placate us. Steve Hocking still has some pulling power at AFL house it seems.

Good idea I think. Nothing wrong with umpires meeting with clubs for clarification about rules/interlretations/game management etc.

As long as the AFL do it with the other clubs then it's a good initiative in my opinion..

Trash? Surely you're joking and this is a bit of banter? I mean, not all Key Position Forwards get to beyond the 60 range (60-69) for goals kicked in a season, but that's not a bad thing is it and it's certainly not "trash". Tom's ceiling was 68 goals - still good I think.

Tom Hawkins in his own right has been a quality KPF, as has Jack and Josh too.

I can’t split Jack and Kennedy other than 3 Colemans to 2.

Not sure how denigrating Hawkins denigrates Jack. You believe they are close. I don’t.

Jack beats Hawkins in every goal kicking measure apart from total goals because he played less games. That’s not arbitrary at all.

I would get it if Hawkins played in a bad team but he played in better teams on the whole as well.
Riewoldt went at 2.27 goals per game, Hawkins is still going at 2.23 goals per game. You do understand that is a one goal difference every 25 games. Hawkins is going at 0.94 goal assists per game while Riewoldt went at 0.72. Combine the two and suddenly Hawkins is ahead. Maybe that's because Jack delivered the ball inside 50 2.29 times per game while Hawkins did it 1.66 times per game. But then Hawkins had 1.79 hitouts per game while Jack only had 0.31. And so on.

You can pretend Jack is well in front all you want but the figures tell a different story.

Riewoldt went at 2.27 goals per game, Hawkins is still going at 2.23 goals per game. You do understand that is a one goal difference every 25 games. Hawkins is going at 0.94 goal assists per game while Riewoldt went at 0.72. Combine the two and suddenly Hawkins is ahead. Maybe that's because Jack delivered the ball inside 50 2.29 times per game while Hawkins did it 1.66 times per game. But then Hawkins had 1.79 hitouts per game while Jack only had 0.31. And so on.

You can pretend Jack is well in front all you want but the figures tell a different story.

Let's be precise now...

Jack = 2.26

Tom = 2.22

As I've said quite a few times on this forum: the best KPF of the past 15-17 years or so is Franklin. Then behind him in equal 2nd it's Jack/Tom/Josh. It's just far too difficult to split those 3. So leave them....ALL 3 OF THEM....equal 2nd behind Franklin.

Last edited:
Trash? Surely you're joking and this is a bit of banter? I mean, not all Key Position Forwards get to beyond the 60 range (60-69) for goals kicked in a season, but that's not a bad thing is it and it's certainly not "trash". Tom's ceiling was 68 goals - still good I think.

Tom Hawkins in his own right has been a quality KPF, as has Jack and Josh too.

Yeah it’s a banter thread. It’s obviously not trash but it’s not top tier either

Thoughts on the AFL sending the umpire head honchos to personally come down to Geelong and meet with Scott to discuss rules and umpire interpretations? Crazy that your mob have been parading CFL umpire conspiracy for half a decade or more and we get the umps rushing to our doostep to placate us. Steve Hocking still has some pulling power at AFL house it seems.

I agree, smart man

Depends what you want to look at, I see this.

Jack has more:

Colemans

Leading goal kickers

Higher goal per game average

Best and fairests

More goals kicked in a game

More goals kicked in a season

Kicked more bags in a game (6+)

Outscored the whole GWS TEAM in a GF

I think it’s pretty outrageous to not think Jack is in front tbh. What else does he need to beat him in?

Back