Game Day Geelong V West Coast Sat Aug 1 @ Optus Stadium 810 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted the following in the non-Geelong thread, but regardless of what happens tonight, surely we can all agree to laugh at Collingwood as we wait for Eddie to try & justify the following breech, which has become public the day after Eddie called for those who breech the hub rules to be sent home

I posted the following in the non-Geelong thread, but regardless of what happens tonight, surely we can all agree to laugh at Collingwood as we wait for Eddie to try & justify the following breech, which has become public the day after Eddie called for those who breech the hub rules to be sent home

Man collingwood is really hanging Eddie out to dry

It's a bit crazy. They were playing Alicia molic.
I really can't see how holding tennis balls makes a difference.
And bucks is paying it.

We need to fling crap at idiots who test positive and go to work.
Not people who make 'iffy' calls.

And bucks is paying it.

It's not whether they test positive or not, but the fact they knowingly and deliberately flouted the rules.

It's about the example they set, no matter who the person is, so yep, you go after them. Morons like them are the reason we're struggling to contain this thing.

Then you go a whole 'nother level if they test positive.......

And bucks is paying it.

Surely all coaches should be the first group of people to set the example of required behaviour during this period

If coaches aren't going to follow the rules, it sets a bad example to the playing group & surely players would then ask why they have to follow the protocols

And switch Buckley with Scott - the anti-Scott brigade would be out before the press could even release the news, and be demanding that he's sacked for the breech

Some of the rules may seem to make not much sense, but they are the requirements that the AFL and state government's have agreed to as a means of keeping the season going - we all need to accept that what we could do in previous years really without a second thought, isn't exactly what we can do this year and we need to be more mindful of decisions we make

All games (6 so far, including Saints as I type) this round won by at least 40 points except one (Hawks by 31).

Not sure if that's a good sign for us or bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol, I am the most pessimistic of all supporters and even I think we are in with a genuine chance tonight.
West Coast will win though. They will have too many small forwards kicking timely goals.

We must start well just as we did last week.
I am very interested to see how Guthrie and Menegola perform. Both are in career-best form but both have had tendency to go missing when the chips are down.
If they are among our best, in a losing side, their critics (myself included) will be emphatically put in our place.

Kelly, Yeo, Shuey, Redden, Sheed, Gaff and Naitanui in the center . . . it's the best midfield in the competition so a big test indeed.

Scarlo on KROCK

Good WC forwardline - depends on the MF getting pressure. HT and Hendo will go the bigs.
BLitz - He likes BLitz up the ground as it helps cut it off early. Very happy to have Hendo. Great leader and defender. Good for us.

No changes - Selwood almost ready - but we are gonna need him the next few as well so holding him over is the longer view.

Defenders did really well last game V Freo. Defenders were great last week.
HT last week was stellar. In set up and defendinfg.
HT really likes playing with Hendo back there. Spoiling and covering off was great. MAssive game from him.

Tomma v the Trubunal. Cant give him advice as he'd have done the same thing.

Hub rules - we know what we can and cant do. Rules are pretty clear and hope non one messes up.

Vic getting a lock down coming.

BE good to get the win as underdogs V WC. They have been good and are getting better at home. WE know what to do but doing it is another thing.

Cooper Stevens - close to debuting. Depends on short turnarounds as to whom comes thur next game. WE have good depth. Cooper been playing a bit off HB so there are options there. Zuthrie been going well back there too.

Miss the kids and family but the weather and but its been good - guns are out and shirt is off. GAme on for him.

Cpaches are still voting on Cargi - but votes as it stands now - SCarlo pulling for the defenders - MOC could be a smokey. HT and Henry. Buthrie and Menegola.

But really he has NFI.

Go CAtters

Surely all coaches should be the first group of people to set the example of required behaviour during this period

If coaches aren't going to follow the rules, it sets a bad example to the playing group & surely players would then ask why they have to follow the protocols

And switch Buckley with Scott - the anti-Scott brigade would be out before the press could even release the news, and be demanding that he's sacked for the breech

Some of the rules may seem to make not much sense, but they are the requirements that the AFL and state government's have agreed to as a means of keeping the season going - we all need to accept that what we could do in previous years really without a second thought, isn't exactly what we can do this year and we need to be more mindful of decisions we make
They had clearance to play.
How it came to be that they played molic hasn't come out.

$25k is way too much.
Clubs are broke as it is.

I would have hesitated fighting the Hawkins case purely because it costs $20k in legal fees.
Never mind the afl fee.

dazbroncos ... Benny really doesnt like Jack Steven does he....

KRock talking about P58 for Jack Steven... Its not P58..its P58 plus anything after that.,.. including rookie picks...

and Stokes was a premiership player who was picked in the 60's... Rooke was a Rookie... one can find players late ...

my guess a young ruck from somewhere would have been better value in the long run as it is atm....

dazbroncos ... Benny really doesnt like Jack Steven does he....

KRock talking about P58 for Jack Steven... Its not P58..its P58 plus anything after that.,.. including rookie picks...

and Stokes was a premiership player who was picked in the 60's... Rooke was a Rookie... one can find players late ...

my guess a young ruck from somewhere would have been better value in the long run as it is atm....
The thing is you'll alway be able to find late examples come good. And Benny had the point - Stewie Dew is a classic.
Both Neeldy and Benny were right.

GO Catters

$25k is way too much.
Clubs are broke as it is.

The very fact Buckley and co knew entirely knew what the fine would be kind if gives you a good example of just how well off they truly are.

These are people who have 5 million dollar homes smack bang in the middle of Toorak and surrounding suburbs. It's really not that much at all to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back