Preview Geelong vs North, Wed Aug 5 @ GABBA, 5:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cats selected forward line is very strange. One lumbering giant and 5 little guys. Given that Tomahawk often doesn't get to marking contests the little guys are going to have to find their own ball. Good luck if we are bombing it in. Suprised to see Ratugolea and Rohan left out and no like for like (Kreuger) brought in. This is a must win game not a game for Chris Scott to experiment. I could see this backfiring badly and Geelong losing a lot of percentage in the process. I hope the experiment works and proves me wrong. If I am thinking Geelong's best forward line I would not expect to see Atkins, Simpson or Close in there and Steven would be borderline. Simpson looked absolutely buggered towards the end of the game last week, he could hardly jog. How is he expected to back up 4 days later.

[45] Brad Close,[26] Tom Hawkins,[30] Tom Atkins
[9] Jack Steven,[32] Gryan Miers,[37] Sam Simpson

Our best forward line is:

Ablett, Ratugolea, Miers
Rohan, Hawkins, Cockatoo (Hope he makes it back)

Zuthrie is copping some really undeserved flak. It's his first game in how long?

Give him a chance.
He deserves all the flack he gets. Round 1 he didn’t even get a single touch in the first half. Not one touch. How is that even possible?

Didn’t even touch the ball till half way through the 3rd quarter. Deplorable performance.

Our forward line is garbage. How can kreuger not be in to replace sav? Blitz can ruck when stanley rests, and hawkins can ruck in the forward line. So why no krueger to replace a tall marking forward? Staggering selections.

Wouldn’t be surprised if norf beat us.

Think it's safe to say the coaches don't rate Krueger as much as some on here do

I'm expecting something dumb like Taylor, Dangerfield forward. Goldstein BOG while Stanley impresses with one clearance, Roos go in favourites

Also, I haven’t melted enough about Atkins yet. He is next to useless and walks back into the side like he’s Paul Chapman coming off a dubious 1 week suspension for belting a bloke who deserved it.

With the selected side I reckon he is a chance to walk straight into the centre square and play Parfitt's role too for added melt material. So many smalls, they can't all play in the forward line.

There are too many small forwards .. they cant all find a spot. The issue with taggers is a lot of side dont run with it.
This is why I think he could make it as a tagger, has a good tank on him, he has aggression to go with it, has that 2nd and 3rd efforts for it too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zuthrie is copping some really undeserved flak. It's his first game in how long?

Give him a chance.
Yeah this forum can be vile at times. The funny thing is I only got snippets of this toxicity from 20 years of going to games, no matter how crap we were. I guess it's an internet thing.

Anyway as usual excited to see some more get opportunities and lesser lights another match experience. North won't be a pushover and this situation is unlike any we've ever seen, so could be plenty of upsets. Let's back the boys in.

I'm still going to keep Geelong as my tip for this one but this game has potential disaster written all over it tbh. Can't stop looking at that forward line. It's giving me flashbacks to our wretched 2015 forward line that featured the likes of Gregson and Lang and Walker and Kersten. :sick:

I'm still going to keep Geelong as my tip for this one but this game has potential disaster written all over it tbh. Can't stop looking at that forward line. It's giving me flashbacks to our wretched 2015 forward line that featured the likes of Gregson and Lang and Walker and Kersten. :sick:
My god you're the most worried I've ever seen a poster about a football game the past few days. Every post. It will be fine (yes, even if we lose).

He deserves all the flack he gets. Round 1 he didn’t even get a single touch in the first half. Not one touch. How is that even possible?

Didn’t even touch the ball till half way through the 3rd quarter. Deplorable performance.

Our forward line is garbage. How can kreuger not be in to replace sav? Blitz can ruck when stanley rests, and hawkins can ruck in the forward line. So why no krueger to replace a tall marking forward? Staggering selections.

Wouldn’t be surprised if norf beat us.

Is it maybe just maybe because the people who are making those decisions know so much more than you it ain't ******* funny!!! You no nothing except reading about glorified training games and match reports from people who have seen him. You don't know how his body is! What plan they have for his future! Actually anything at all apart from what the club tells you and then you have the audacity to scream at the the club through the internet as if you are in any way in a position to make a good judgement as to who and who shouldn't be in the team. Especially about players who have never played AFL football. It is seriously laughable how people believe their own hype and knowledge when they know nothing. Pull your head in sir! Pull it right in

My god you're the most worried I've ever seen a poster about a football game the past few days. Every post. It will be fine (yes, even if we lose).

I'm trying to carve out a niche as the most spineless coward of the forum. It's my new brand. I'm not even bothering to post analysis anymore. From now on it's nothing but cowardly emotion-driven pessimism from me. And tbh I feel like I'm on to a good thing here. Everyone loves posting that eschews actual attempts at substantive observations in favour of pathetic fear-based rambling, right? Just you wait. Y'all going to love the new ultra-beta version of Baudolino. :)

I'm trying to carve out a niche as the most spineless coward of the forum. It's my new brand. I'm not even bothering to post analysis anymore. From now on it's nothing but cowardly emotion-driven pessimism from me. And tbh I feel like I'm on to a good thing here. Everyone loves posting that eschews actual attempts at substantive observations in favour of pathetic fear-based rambling, right? Just you wait. Y'all going to love the new ultra-beta version of Baudolino. :)
I'm just really delighted with every single win this bang-average group of depleted misfits can muster. Each game is therefore an opportunity, it's exciting! I'd be delighted with a win against North, just like I was when we beat the worst Fremantle side since the 90s in a monsoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back