No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if I like players going off and doing their own think at the gym. They do weight training in a monitored environment at the club rather than going to a gym away from the club and lifting weights above what they can handle.

I am probably overthinking it.

strikes me you either print media releases or well researched long form articles - this seems to run the middle road and adds to the pile of platitudes lauding hawthorn for actions they hardly deserve considering their disgraceful past in this area - why praise a club for merely cleaning up a mess of its own making?

whilst it is amusing to the casual observer about Collingwood, I dare say some commonality would be found that resonates across All clubs and sporting platforms.

this would be an ideal time for all clubs to look inward and litmus test where they are at, including ours.

this issue is not collingwoods alone.

Been looking for some updates /news on our reserves team for this year......

Went to Club web site and under heading " teams" there is only the senior team and the AFLW..... :think:

There is a place for AFLW but not the no.2 product

I reckon you could get 3000 people to a lacrosse game if it had the promotion / money/ hype
this comp gets.

Meanwhile future draftees be it young ones or more mature men that play and commit to the almost AFL
demands of VFL/AFL reserves get paid F/A to keep their dream alive and are virtually anonymous.

Makes me sick and the Carlton web site is indicative of where the money is flowing and the AFL 's priority's.

IT IS WRONG !!!!:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
appalling - hope you recorded the gf that year over it................
I not sure but I think I got a copy of the 1981 grand final. It is probably first grand final I ever recorded and kept. It would have been on that Sanyo Beta recorder. Probably in a box with 100 other videos from 80's and 90's.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's dreadful...........

he and Ed are meant to be pretty close Tassie Tiger. I think one of Ed’s most trusted lieutenants is an ex-ALP staffer who is also friends with Andrews. And the problem is that Andrews can’t call for Ed’s head without looking hypocritical as to why he didn’t stand down after the hotel quarantine saga. So... we might be stuck with Eddie for the year, unless the rest of the Collingwood board and sponsors are prepared to weigh in behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back