General GF questions- NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS IN THIS THREAD PLS (use stickied)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to bang on about this but the ongoing problem I see with the GF is this. OK P1 and P2 members are guaranteed a ticket, the seat for which is seemingly randomly allocated (although I suspect that a higher value membership with SC will actually get you a higher category seat, example, did anyone with a 3 game plus SC membership get a Cat 1 or Cat 2 seat. If so, that would disprove that suspiscion -bye the bye).
The real issue will be that if the club increases the number of SC/P2 or P1 memberships to say 15k, how does a general member ever get a seat to a GF with the current competing club allocation?
We could have 50k members in a few years time, 35000 of whom presumably will have little to no chance of ever getting to a GF, or if we have 10k P1 and P2 members, 35k members are scrapping over 5k seats. Money really talks under the current system. A sad but unsurprising truth.

Has anyone who registered as priority 2 NOT had their bank account charged as yet ? As of 700am Melb time tues ?

Apologies if this has been asked already but how does ticket collection work? Will we need to go to ticketek to pick up a physical ticket? Also do we need to show the membership cards to get them? Asking because one of the membership cards used to get the tickets is my sister's and she is currently interstate and won't be in town until the morning of the big match. Wanted to know if I could pick up both our tickets in one go even though Idon't have her membership with me.

Apologies if this has been asked already but how does ticket collection work? Will we need to go to ticketek to pick up a physical ticket? Also do we need to show the membership cards to get them? Asking because one of the membership cards used to get the tickets is my sister's and she is currently interstate and won't be in town until the morning of the big match. Wanted to know if I could pick up both our tickets in one go even though Idon't have her membership with me.

It's your ticketek ID number and associated name mate. Not a problem.

The money has been deducted but not tickets are yet showing up in my ticketek account. Is that normal?

Assuming it is because the transaction happened outside business hours so isnt showing up yet. Meh, I'm going to stop worrying. The money was taken out!!

Last edited:
The money has been deducted but not tickets are yet showing up in my ticketek account. Is that normal?

Assuming it is because the transaction happened outside business hours so isnt showing up yet. Meh, I'm going to stop worrying. The money was taken out!!
Same here. Hopefully changes this morning.

Relax man.. you're going to the 2016 AFL Grand Final. Tickets are allocated and will show once payment from card services has cleared

Looks different on each account, depending on how old your card and other details are. Mine just shows the transaction. But it adds up perfectly to the amount for 4 cat 6 at that time, so obviously what it is: which is the same for everyone else in waiting :)

Well that was stressful. Even though I'm P2, no transaction was displayed on my online bank statement overnight. Just contacted my bank after a sleepless night to hear $1624 (4 adult, 2 concession) pending. Now nothing can stuff up at this point....can it? Does that sound like cat 4?

I have heard some people say they are picking their tickets up from Whitten Oval, is that possible? I thought it had to be a Ticketek agency, after Midday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys - apologies to those still waiting or have missed out. And if you have missed out - eBay selling tickets and I would also be posting on Facebook that you are after a ticket - there are still people out there with tickets who don't want to go and want to sell their ticket. Give it a go. It has worked!

Also had $150 debited. I am assuming that is a standing room ticket?

Hi guys - apologies to those still waiting or have missed out. And if you have missed out - eBay selling tickets and I would also be posting on Facebook that you are after a ticket - there are still people out there with tickets who don't want to go and want to sell their ticket. Give it a go. It has worked!

Also had $150 debited. I am assuming that is a standing room ticket?
Could be restricted view seating.

Anybody clarify which end our cheersquad it sitting? While hunting tickets the preference is their end obviously

Remove this Banner Ad

Back