Opinion Get Clarko to The Hangar - 5 year deal done says Heppellfreak (post #334) - now with poll

Clarkson? (Choose all that apply)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to lean towards the fact we're getting "outcoached."

Just those damn pressers. The looks around the room avoiding eye contact, the embarrassed smiles, the disappointment that it isn't really working and comments that suggest he is clueless as to why it isn't really working and has no idea on what do get it to start working.

He’s not great in the media, never has been.

You might be right. I just look at our coaches box and can’t get my head around them being clueless. I means it’s a bloody experienced and impressive group. And Rutten doesn’t strike me as the type not to listen to them.

You might be right. I just look at our coaches box and can’t get my head around them being clueless. I means it’s a bloody experienced and impressive group. And Rutten doesn’t strike me as the type not to listen to them.
I wonder if he's just a gun assistant type without the qualities required of the head coach role. Maybe he listens too much. Probably takes a long time to develop your coaching game just as a young group takes time to develop.

I've always liked Rutten's lack of excuses. The lack of answers worries me though.

Not clueless, just the wrong fit for this list, I'm starting to think.

AFL is as much about money as any other business.
For that reason I think Essendon will try to lure Clarkson. That will lead to a huge membership and marketing/sponsorship boost.

We aren't performing on field, so head office will try to make the $ another way.

Last edited:
I take everything very seriously.
You'll enjoy this Blitz gem then;

The way Rutten talks until he’s expended all breath and the inhales with a weird sucking noise would have been enough for me to never accept him as head coach.

If you can’t breath properly, you sure as hell can’t ■■■■■■■ coach

I'm starting to lean towards the fact we're getting "outcoached."

Just those damn pressers. The looks around the room avoiding eye contact, the embarrassed smiles, the disappointment that it isn't really working and comments that suggest he is clueless as to why it isn't really working and has no idea on what do get it to start working.

What's he meant to say?

"Yeah, our tackling was s**t, the players were lazy, they want the season to be done"

Might be accurate, but clearly not something a coach is going to roll out. Not one who plans on coaching next year anyway cough McVeigh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd keep Rutten for next year... if he doesn't look like he's making progress with the plan and players then maybe sound out Buckley.
Yeah Bucks has a great football brain. He left Brisbane in 93 to go to Collingwood and play in finals and win premierships. Yeah right.

Yeah Bucks has a great football brain. He left Brisbane in 93 to go to Collingwood and play in finals and win premierships. Yeah right.
Should've guessed Brisbane would move on several coaches, merge, acquire a couple of generational talents from their local zone, have a key player be signed off to use performance enhancing drugs and a whole squad cut the edge with soon to be banned practises, get a serious leg up in the salary cap, and go on to glory. Who couldn't see that coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back