Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esava is equivalent to one of those picks around 40. Those two picks or one with Esava is pretty similar to the Caldwell trade.
I’m sure the Giants want a better single pick but it doesn’t always work out the way teams want. Geelong like always will do a deal to get it done rather than haggle. But the Giants may just need to accept what’s available.

I’d be very surprised if we traded for pick 7 then traded that away for multiple later picks.

Yeah but the reality is giants will probably end up with 3 19 21 30 and 39 after taranto and hopper are done i doubt they even have the list spots to use our 37 or later picks. They would just send him to the draft in that scenario i think.
What youre suggesting only works if we trade our 37 47 52 55 and 61 and sav to get a 2023 pick (say in the second round) and forward that to gws (they will want to spread their picks over 2 yrs). I still think its more likely we trade them a future 1st and get a pick coming back with bruhn.

If Bowes wants immediate game time - and given his age and years in the system you would have to think that that would be his main priority in picking a club - then I don't really get why he would choose us over the many other clubs that would offer easier pathways to the first team. Not that I'm complaining, though, obviously, if he does end up choosing us.

I get that a lot of the appeal of Geelong is our success, but I legitimately struggle to see who he'd replace in our best 22 next season.
Sellwood

Yeah but the reality is giants will probably end up with 3 19 21 30 and 39 after taranto and hopper are done i doubt they even have the list spots to use our 37 or later picks. They would just send him to the draft in that scenario i think.
What youre suggesting only works if we trade our 37 47 52 55 and 61 and sav to get a 2023 pick (say in the second round) and forward that to gws (they will want to spread their picks over 2 yrs). I still think its more likely we trade them a future 1st and get a pick coming back with bruhn.
That’s true they will have a lot of picks this year and next. They will have a few list spots to fill you’d think they couldn’t fill them all with draftees.
There are options that Geelong will try to make work to secure the players and picks they want. I just think they’ll get it done but I wouldn’t want to take on a salary dump then lost the main commodity in pick 7 but still be left with the rest.

A number 10 pick who BRINGS THE PICK 7 WITH HIM.
Thats the best thing. Its not like he is a scrub player himself, I am amazed more teams aren't in on this deal.
I think it was Ralph or Twomey who mentioned that half the comp had expressed interest to his manager.

If he then chooses us, that is incredible. Still remember him selling candy to about 3 Geelong players basically without moving in GAJ’s 350th a couple of years ago. Should be in the highlight reel of that game I imagine if anyone’s interested in seeing what he could do around stoppages.

The issue as always is that a player has to want to go there.
Jhf leaving makes them even more likely to stay down the bottom of the ladder so i cant see bowes wanting to go there unless they offer him insane money.
Agree. I would have thought maybe the Hawks might be a reasonable trade off though for him? Not a terrible team over a few years (although might get worse before better) but one that can promise his game time?

I still can’t get my head around how confident he would need to be to come to the Cats - it is so hard to break into that 22 and will be I reckon for a few years (in particular if use pick 7 to get a top midfield prospect?).

I hope he does has that confidence and pick the cats but I wouldn’t be surprised is he doesnt (but agree he would find going to North right now unappealing)

A number 10 pick who BRINGS THE PICK 7 WITH HIM.
Thats the best thing. Its not like he is a scrub player himself, I am amazed more teams aren't in on this deal.
It sounds like a lot of teams have had a go at trying to convince Bowes.
I think one of the things working in our favour is that Geelong has interest in Bowes seperate from the pick.

I think one of the things working in our favour is that Geelong has interest in Bowes seperate from the pick.

Yep this is it in a nutshell. We didn't even know about the pick it seems, before that part came out. Danger has been following him since the hub times in 2020, and we've obviously watched him keenly too.

Probably my second favourite player at GC behind Touk Miller, so as I said over a month ago, I was just stoked getting him AND giving up a Future 1st if required (didn't know we'd be getting Bruhn and Henry for sure at this time). The whole Pick 7 thing is just icing for me - and I'd imagine for our club too, given we seem to have been interested long before all the other clubs jumped on board because of Pick 7.

If you're a player changing clubs, you're not going to be looking at going to one where they only pick up the phone when a pick is added to tempt them into it. You're going to go to the club who wanted you without the pick, purely because they saw you as a good fit in their side. If we do get him, that's ultimately what I imagine will be the key difference

Its hard to know what he wants. It might be as simple as wanting to play with Danger. If he is good enough he can push his way into our mid group in 23. There the obvious opening ... and there is probably in the short term no role down back.

When is he going to decide.

As others have noted surely Menegola has to look elsewhere - was 3rd in line pre whoever we trade in and with another preseason into the kids…. Smith and touhey keep him out

I like him but north, freo,
West coast or Gold Coast should give him a look- would be good at Richmond or Sydney too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As others have noted surely Menegola has to look elsewhere - was 3rd in line pre whoever we trade in and with another preseason into the kids…. Smith and touhey keep him out

I like him but north, freo,
West coast or Gold Coast should give him a look- would be good at Richmond or Sydney too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He’d be good anywhere, serious talent but just very unlucky with injury this year and it’s kept him behind.

Unpopular opinion but hey it’s a footy forum… I really don’t rate knevitt at all based on his draft yr and first yr of footy in the system. Would need to improve out of sight this yr to remain on the list imo. Hope I’m wrong as players develop at different rates but he just looked too timid, lack of acceleration, competitiveness to be an inside mid. Maybe there’s a place for him as a floating wing (with a good overhead mark) but that may not work due to his poor foot skills.

Phillipou has all the above. His highlights are more impressive than anything I’ve seen knevitt do in his short time so far

would be very unlike us to give an early-ish pick just the two years.

Unpopular opinion but hey it’s a footy forum… I really don’t rate knevitt at all based on his draft yr and first yr of footy in the system. Would need to improve out of sight this yr to remain on the list imo. Hope I’m wrong as players develop at different rates but he just looked too timid, lack of acceleration, competitiveness to be an inside mid. Maybe there’s a place for him as a floating wing (with a good overhead mark) but that may not work due to his poor foot skills.

Phillipou has all the above. His highlights are more impressive than anything I’ve seen knevitt do in his short time so far

Somewhat disagree, I reckon there is something there. But as of right now, not a lot has been shown so completely understand your point.

I think it was Ralph or Twomey who mentioned that half the comp had expressed interest to his manager.

If he then chooses us, that is incredible. Still remember him selling candy to about 3 Geelong players basically without moving in GAJ’s 350th a couple of years ago. Should be in the highlight reel of that game I imagine if anyone’s interested in seeing what he could do around stoppages.
Indeed. Rumour is that Geelong were interested in bringing him to the Cattery before P7 was on the table (and before his back-ended contract was an issue). Why would he go to a club that only started showing interest when P7 was floated as a sweetener to take him? He'd be a great fit for us and, I agree, he can really play. Given opportunities and injury free he will be a part of our midfield group.

This is far more credible than tweets from some random account on Twitter, so I'd say it's likely that "John Doe" was just talking s**t.

John Doe said it more than a month ago, before any clubs had been announced and any reporters had broken it. Said it was between us and Essendon, which I found interesting at the time, as he knew those 2 clubs were in the mix, even though it could have been 16 other clubs - so it's not like he took a shot in the dark.

Who knows what'll happen, but he's picked this from a long way out (before anyone else), so wouldn't surprise me if he got more intel today before anyone else again

and the hits just keep on coming for North ...

AFL Trades 2022: No.1 draft pick Jason Horne-Francis wants to be traded to Port Adelaide​

North Melbourne has been rocked on the eve of the AFL trade period with No.1 draft pick Jason Horne-Francis telling the club he wants out.
I don't blame him. Consider first the man coming in to coach, then consider his father in law

images (9).jpeg

I don't blame him. Consider first the man coming in to coach, then consider his father in law

View attachment 1524469

No blame but Id not be trading him as a contracted player unless its a favourable deal.... North have a chance to still come out of this a winner.

The draft is not equitable and year by year its becoming more obvious that a revision is required. If the intent is to spread talent unalighned youthful talent it is success... if it is a sustained spread of talent then I feel it need adjustment. I doubt Bruhn would have chosen GWS or Horne Francis would have chosen North...and Kelly would not have chosen us ...if they had a choice... like the choice given to Rookie B players.

Free Agency has loosened what made the draft work , players no longer fear the besmerchment of being a two club player. If they are not happy they will not stay where they are.....IF they have options.

This is why I think Gold Coast moving away from their reliance of early picks...being willing to trade P7 ..is not so bad. The trick for them will be to start to win enough games to draw mature players to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back