Gladys Liu, Liberal MP for Chisholm

Remove this Banner Ad

The gift that keeps on giving.

Liu didn't declare her memberships to two groups linked to the CCP on her preselection declaration.

Christian Porter is arguing vociferously against the motion in response. The ALP doesn't have the numbers to get the motion up, especially after the Speaker tossed out Tim Watts.

He'd be high on the leaderboard surely

Morrison categorically stated she's endured domestic violence yet you cannot find any report of any sort on google, anywhere.

It doesn't feature in her wiki either.

I'd be willing to bet that there is a fair bit of deceit when if comes to Ms Liu.

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT

For the first time since Josh Frydenberg’s citizenship status was brought into question during the 2017 Australian parliamentary eligibility crisis, the Liberal Party has today put their foot down and said that racism is NOT okay.

This comes as the Member for Chisholm, Gladys Liu MP, faces accusations of light-hearted treason by people who don’t really like the idea of having a Chinese Communist Party sleeper cell infiltrating the ranks of the government.

According to Scott Morrison, these people are also known as racists.

The Prime Minister has dubbed attacks on Liberal backbencher Gladys Liu as a “smear” campaign with a “grubby undertone”.

Morrison says this kind of bigotry is abhorrent, and it’s something that the Liberal Government cannot condone – unless we are talking about Tamil girls in remote Queensland.

This follows the ABC’s revelations that ASIO had advised then-prime minister Malcolm Turnbull to not attend a meet and greet Ms Liu had arranged in Melbourne in 2018 – because they thought she was suss. Which Morrison says is just a result of ASIO’s grubby undertone of white supremacy.

The advice was given based on the guest list for the event.

That revelation came hours after Ms Liu confirmed she held membership of an organisation linked to China’s foreign interference operations, less than 24 hours after saying she could not recall being a part of it.

Labor’s foreign affairs spokeswoman, Penny Wong, has called on the Prime Minister to assure the Parliament Ms Liu was “fit and proper” to be an MP.

Morrison has responded to Penny Wong by saying that he finds it very disappointing to see her so openly discriminating against people of Chinese origin.

“What has Penny Wong got against Chinese-Australian women being elected into Parliament?” asked Morrison.

“I think people should reflect very carefully in the way they have sought to attack Gladys over this matter and the broader smear that I think is implied in that over more than 1 million [Chinese-Australians].”

Porter (in Parliament this morning), Scott Morrison at the press conference and Michael McCormack on Kenny on Sky all responding to scrutiny following the Liu revelations:

tenor.gif

To be fair the finger pointing in the news articles I've read so far have been limited to racism and innuendo.

It doesn't mean there is a deeper issue but this should be investigated by the AFP or referred to parliament rather than a scoop based on racism and innuendo alone.

It also supports the need for an integrity commission, so these issues can be reviewed professionally and behind closed doors. Politics is a grubby business and so to is the media.

Morrison’s rhetoric on race is a dog whistle. There is a significant and increasing sector of the community that is ethnically Chinese. They already mostly tend conservative in social outlook, if Morrison can play it such that criticism of Liu is perceived as criticism of the Chinese diaspora in general, then he wins a massive bloc of votes, which could potentially extend to other communities like Indians.

Morrison’s rhetoric on race is a dog whistle. There is a significant and increasing sector of the community that is ethnically Chinese. They already mostly tend conservative in social outlook, if Morrison can play it such that criticism of Liu is perceived as criticism of the Chinese diaspora in general, then he wins a massive bloc of votes, which could potentially extend to other communities like Indians.
That's exactly what he's been doing

Unfortunalely the majority of people are thick and will blame labor instead of newscorp and the conservatives in the lnp

That's exactly what he's been doing

Unfortunalely the majority of people are thick and will blame labor instead of newscorp and the conservatives in the lnp
You live in Western sydney, you probably saw the ethnic profile of the Liberal candidates. Every single one of them was a fit to the dominant ethnicity or major ethnicity of the area.

The Libs are playing a very long game that will pay off handsomely for them for decades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One seat majority and no guaranteed to win a byelection, I don't reckon the fat nonce has the balls.

So let me get this right. Calling someone a paedo is ok but if a word rhyming with maggot was used the screaming and wailing could be heard as far away as the Silk Road.

Hard work trying to learn the morally righteous guide to acceptable insults.

Interesting that the ALP candidate for Chisholm, Jennifer Yang also had similar CCP links. That seat was doomed regardless.

To be fair the finger pointing in the news articles I've read so far have been limited to racism and innuendo.

It doesn't mean there is a deeper issue but this should be investigated by the AFP or referred to parliament rather than a scoop based on racism and innuendo alone.

It also supports the need for an integrity commission, so these issues can be reviewed professionally and behind closed doors. Politics is a grubby business and so to is the media.

Racism and innuendo? Not even close dude.

The issue is factual. And not wanting someone with undisclosed links to the CCP sitting in our parliament certainly doesn't constitute racism.

Her complete refusal to repeat and confirm the governments position re: the South China sea pretty much tells you all you need to know - and that is innuendo but I'll back myself in. :)

So let me get this right. Calling someone a paedo is ok but if a word rhyming with maggot was used the screaming and wailing could be heard as far away as the Silk Road.

Hard work trying to learn the morally righteous guide to acceptable insults.
I wouldn't leave kids unsupervised around Morrison for all the tea in China. He exudes creep from every pore in his body.

Bloke who wasn't even pre-selected first up and had to run a filthy smear campaign to get up in his seat.

Chinese Communist influence agent in the middle.

Not eligible to sit on the right but gunna play the Holocaust card anyway.

What a crew.
Only the best people.

You all wanted equality, diversity, inclusiveness, and gay wedding cakes.

We gave it you.

And yet here you are, a bunch of whingeing lefties pissing and moaning about how an asian sheila and the damn Chinese commies are ruining Straya!

What is it about powerful Chinese women that frightens you so much?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back