Goal of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

bulldogtragic said:
Brad Johnson for goal of the year. Mark it in. Sensational.

Happened right in front of me......I was shocked at the impossibility of it.

Had to clap it, you don't see that too often.

Goal of the Year.......no doubt.

Brad Johnsons was great, but a FLUKE... He just swung his leg at it and hoped for the best...

Nathan G Browns was super, had all the class in the world, stole the ball from Ryan Houlihan about 55 meters out, collected it, ran around the tacklers towards the boundary and from about 48 meters out from the boundary line on his opposite foot went for goal and slotted it... PURE GENIUS!!!

Aker's goal in the third quarter i think.. was an absolute gem - aker style!!

otherwise, dew's goal was also amazing

Lenny29 said:
I was right behind it, and at the time I called it the best goal I've ever seen.

Not backing down from that one yet.

Best goal i've seen is Wanganeen at Princess Park against Richmond back in Round 11, 1994. Tucked in on the boundary line, Wangas kicks a ball that bouces up to him, from mid air, right through the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Akers 2 goals in about 3 mins were sensational :eek:
Our seats are in the forward pocket and we were right behind him today,and don't forget it was **********ing down all day

Aker's 2 goals today magnificent , 2nd one the best , 1st one a snap but 2nd one was pure skill and class .

Not his best goal ever though , two left footers stand out 1st from about the 50 against Adelaide in the 2003 finals (I think) he was bent over to pick up the ball and in one movement as he picked it up and was straightening up he dropped the ball onto the boot kicked it across his body 50 metres for a goal.

2nd was left foot from boundary line in 2004 grand final , running along the boundary line wrong side for a left foot shot , zero angle and straight through.

Akermanis' Goals were sensational but not Goal of the Year in my opinion..
Ive kicked Goals like his in real life before..
Cant say ive kicked one like Brad Johnsons.. He did the impossible
Brad Johnson Was on more of an angle and had to kick it out of mid air

Brad Johnson over Akermanis' in my opinion :cool:

Kangas_Div said:
Akermanis' Goals were good but not Goal of the Year in my opinion..
Ive kicked Goals like his in real life before..
Cant say ive kicked one like Brad Johnsons.. He did the impossible
Brad Johnson Was on more of an angle and had to kick it out of mid air

Brad Johnson over Akermanis' in my opinion :cool:

Thought one of Aker's was virtually identical to Johnno's efforts, except he had the ball in hand instead of hacking it out of mid air.

ALwaysNorth said:
Aker's 2 goals today magnificent , 2nd one the best , 1st one a snap but 2nd one was pure skill and class .

Not his best goal ever though , two left footers stand out 1st from about the 50 against Adelaide in the 2003 finals (I think) he was bent over to pick up the ball and in one movement as he picked it up and was straightening up he dropped the ball onto the boot kicked it across his body 50 metres for a goal.

2nd was left foot from boundary line in 2004 grand final , running along the boundary line wrong side for a left foot shot , zero angle and straight through.
Yeah that was magnificent. Just typical - freakish - Aker coming to the big show

SonOfScray said:
Thought one of Aker's was virtually identical to Johnno's efforts, except he had the ball in hand instead of hacking it out of mid air.

Which made it alot easier because he knew what he wanted to do and where to kick it off his boot.
Brad Johnson had to kick it out of mid air with a guy standing next to him putting pressure on him and the ball wobbling around in the air

Dew's was a good goal but i like alot of others think it went out.
Browns was magnificent too :)
Id probably say so far:
Winner: Brad Johnson
2nd Place: Nathan G Brown
3rd Place: Akermanis' 2nd Goal
4th: Stuart Dew

Despite the quality this year, I dont reckon anything tops Acker's second snap from the forward pocket today... he was playing with millimetres, wet conditions, running bloody quickly in the complete wrong direction... got my vote.

CatManDo said:
Despite the quality this year, I dont reckon anything tops Acker's second snap from the forward pocket today... he was playing with millimetres, wet conditions, running bloody quickly in the complete wrong direction... got my vote.
good point re the conditions. i reckon you have to pay skill over luck. Aker's was skill, both times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back