Play Nice Goal Umpire costs Adelaide a shot at finals, how do you stop it from happening again?

Should Adelaide appeal the result vs Sydney (poll reset with new option)

• Go to court if appeals are unsuccessfull

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone,

I'm surprised no one has thought of this solution to the incorrect behind call during the Adelaide v Sydney match. It's so simple

there is 1 minute 14 seconds left when Keays kicks the goal
So they should bring the two teams back again to play the last 1 minute 14 seconds from the centre bounce - maybe tomorrow or the day after.
Do it at Adelaide Oval, or if its unavailable, maybe at the old AAMI stadium.
This will answer the question as to whether the swans would've still been able to win the game.

Thoughts?

Edit: I thought it might be a little unfair to start fresh since it won't replicate the game scenario late in the 4th quarter. So I propose that all players must run 10km before we restart the game to replicate fatigue levels for maximum fidelity to the ingame situation.

Last edited:

Adelaide want $1m from the afl now lol. Seriously, I was struggling with the schadenfreude yesterday but after the ridiculous demands and pontificating from the Crows media (particularly 5AA) they can go and eat sh*t.

Every time this happens to Port, the sentiment is the same: stop sooking. Whether it be Shuey ducking to end our season, JJ hitting the post, Lachie Murphy feigning an injury so he can give the ball to someone who knows how to kick, our monthly hockey-stick graph of frees against, we’re told to stop sooking. Nice to see the shoe on the other foot for once.
Is the club actually asking for compensation?

4pm got in the car to drive home from work Rowie is frothin. 7pm drive back from buying milk he’s still going. Wah wah wah wah f**ken wah.
Well you are the one stupid enough to listen to that moron Rowie...

I stopped listening as soon as he joined 5AA.

Suggest you do the same as life is more enjoyable. :)

Crows fans when they get their usual Adelaide Oval umpiring are very quiet. But yeah 'Victorian' bias...

The victim complex is absolutely hilarious. Play the victim as much as you want, it's funny.

Fourth in free kick differential from 2017-2021
Free kicks aren't meant to be even but if there was any shred of bias it would be notable over a large sample size. But yeah it must be some massive conspiracy.

Sixth in terms of free kick differentials in 2022..

But yeah guys the SA teams are umpired differently. That league wide conspriacy is real.

You copped an unacceptable stinker on Saturday night but beyond that you get good umpiring and bad umpiring for and against you like every other club in the competition. Suggesting otherwise is just stupid.
Why do Richmond fans make every thread about them?

There is no AAMI stadium no longer. Every team has this happen to them. Unless the AFL finally put in proper technology it won't change.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

I'm surprised no one has thought of this solution to the incorrect behind call during the Adelaide v Sydney match. It's so simple

there is 1 minute 14 seconds left when Keays kicks the goal
So they should bring the two teams back again to play the last 1 minute 14 seconds from the centre bounce - maybe tomorrow or the day after.
Do it at Adelaide Oval, or if its unavailable, maybe at the old AAMI stadium.
This will answer the question as to whether the swans would've still been able to win the game.

Thoughts?

Edit: I thought it might be a little unfair to start fresh since it won't replicate the game scenario late in the 4th quarter. So I propose that all players must run 10km before we restart the game to replicate fatigue levels for maximum fidelity to the ingame situation.
No, come on there is a better way.

Work out how far each player had run up to that moment and do that for each player.

Then restart from the centre.

1.11 on the clock.

Needs to be a night and with a bit of rain.

To be fair, if you could recreate the exact situation then it seems like a solution.

Think back to when the lights went out at one of the games in Melbourne many years ago and they brought the teams back Wednesday night to finish it off.

Maybe not super crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We work out how far each player had run up to that moment and we do that for each player.

1.11 on the clock.

Perfect.

Now that I think about it, that is fairer. Good one.

Work out how far each player had run up to that moment and do that for each player.

1.11 on the clock.

To be fair, if you could recreate the exact situation then it seems like a solution.

Think back to when the lights went out at one of the games in Melbourne many years ago and they brought the teams back Wednesday night to finish it off.

Maybe not super crazy.
Well I mean it's not crazy crazy but you are flirting with some lines around there.

I was angry after the non goal last week against but this is much worse.

I've become convinced the AFL loves the controversy and the attention that it brings upon itself. Hence why I loath the arrogance the organisation brings upon itself without realising the potential consequences.

Just review the goal

For all the ‘this must never happen again’ but it happened on Sunday a goal umpire called hawk moores goal a point when many thought it was a goal.

It as t reviewed. Sometimes they review oops where it hits the point post

Didn’t affect the result, wasn’t in the last two minutes. But the very sepame mistake happened again within 2 days

This is comedy gold .. our Chairman going public with the AFL spending the night to trying to prove it wasn't goal

Lol .. AFL .. giving the WWE a run for its money

No.

But until they put in better equipment should it not be the case that for all touched goals, or hit the posts , that the decision is automatically reviewed?

I mean they are often reviewed in both cases anyway, so there is no validity to AFL's argument that automatic review of these cases would hold the game up by that much.

Now yes I know the AFL were talking about all behinds, but to review all decisions that have the ball having hit the post is not really going to lose any time in most cars.

The very obvious ball hit pots are going to be done in seconds. Even this one of an incorrect would have been quick.

There are multiple bad decisions a game, but there is technology that can address bad decisions associated with scoring, the fundamental win/lose aspect of the game.

We actually just had a pivotal game for the league decided by an umpire who thought he heard something, talk about amateur hour!!

Chips in balls and posts and cameras from multiple angles can fix this if the AFL wants to fix it

It left fans angry but most fans are just amazed at the incompetence. When the NRL have their system sorted and AFL doesn't, then questions should be asked

Adelaide want $1m from the afl now lol. Seriously, I was struggling with the schadenfreude yesterday but after the ridiculous demands and pontificating from the Crows media (particularly 5AA) they can go and eat sh*t.

Every time this happens to Port, the sentiment is the same: stop sooking. Whether it be Shuey ducking to end our season, JJ hitting the post, Lachie Murphy feigning an injury so he can give the ball to someone who knows how to kick, our monthly hockey-stick graph of frees against, we’re told to stop sooking. Nice to see the shoe on the other foot for once.
How much do you think playing finals is worth?

That's the bare minimum for just compensation.

There are multiple bad decisions a game, but there is technology that can address bad decisions associated with scoring, the fundamental win/lose aspect of the game.

We actually just had a pivotal game for the league decided by an umpire who thought he heard something, talk about amateur hour!!

Chips in balls and posts and cameras from multiple angles can fix this if the AFL wants to fix it

It left fans angry but most fans are just amazed at the incompetence. When the NRL have their system sorted and AFL doesn't, then questions should be asked
There's only one fix that is meaningful. Four points.

This is comedy gold .. our Chairman going public with the AFL spending the night to trying to prove it wasn't goal

Lol .. AFL .. giving the WWE a run for its money

The whole organization is a farce.

It's time people start seeing the AFL for what it is: entertainment, nothing more. It's the same as the WWE; pure entertainment, not a serious competition.

Without umpires there is no sport.

Umpires are human they make mistakes. Every game has them.

Accepting the umpire decision is fundamental requirement for playing sport. If you cannot do that you should perhaps do something else with your time.

They are doing their best. And sure there are some really bad calls.

You shake the opposition hands, congratulate them shake the umpires hands go have a beer or whatever.

Its sport.

Anyone can accept umpires decision when it favors your side or it;s right.

The test of being a good sport is accepting it when it's staggeringly wrong.

It's pretty easy to review close behinds without the need to stop the game.

It just happens in the background. If it's a behind we carry on and nothing changes.

if it turns out to be a goal, play stops, time goes back however many seconds and we restart as normal in the centre of the ground.

You don't have to stop the play to do a review of the behind.

Back