Review Good bad ugly vs Port Adelaide R8 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Crouch's game not getting enough credit, very much up there with his Carlton performance. Just so strong in the contest and allows us to keep the ball moving forward. Putting together a strong season.

Himmelberg actually had a decent 2nd half after starting very slowly, still easily our best option until RT is fit. Our forwardline looks a lot more threatening with him instead of Gollant/Burgess.

Surely Rankine has a goal of the year contender? He collected that ball on the wing, broke the Houston tackle and then nailed the kick from 50 with the outside of his boot!
Spot on re Crouch , from being blacklisted in 2022 and only geting a run mid season due to Lairds injury, he hasn't looked back. It's a credit it to him and his 150th probably deserved a few more accolades, though understandably, was over shadowed with Sloaney's retirement.

Great: Soligo, Crouch
Good: Dawson, Michalaney, Worrell, Rankine, Fogarty, Keane, Walker, Hinge
Average: Butts, Nankervis, Laird, Sholl, Keays, McHenry, O'Brien, Rachele, Curtin
Bad: Jones, Himmelberg, Cook
Terrible: Smith

Also; Was I the only person furious about that pre-match s**t about violence against women? WE HAD A ****ING GOAL UMPIRE MURDERED IN A MALE ON MALE CRIME THIS PRE-SEASON AND THERE WAS LESS FOCUS ON THAT THAN THIS. As much as I'm against domestic violence. Don't play the ****ing sex card. ALL PEOPLE CAN BE THE PERPETRATOR AND ALL PEOPLE CAN BE THE VICTIM.
This is a terrible take. Violence against women is out of control in Australia at the moment. 1 women dies every week from a partner or someone she knows. Women don't want to go out by themselves at night as they are scared of being attacked. It is a generational problem that needs to be fixed. Young boys need to learn to respect girls and not think they are entitled to do what they want.

As a Dad of 2 young daughters it really worries me for when my girls are older.

But you made a deal about it whereas most us just accepted it. You also failed to acknowledge that our senior players are also guilty of making mistakes, instead you singled out the young guys.
The senior players don't just make mistake, especially Smith who has made a lot of McHenry or even worst than McHenry like mistakes to an extent he even reportedly apologies to the group after the GCS game, that's saying something.

When are port supporter’s going to realise there squad isn’t that great? Apart from there midfield and Houston? 0 depth waste first round picks by splitting then in getting BZT and Rat. There board thinks they have the best squad in the league only coached poorly, there dreaming. There is a reason why you kicked 5.18 you’re just not that good spuds all over the place!

We are closer to a flag than them imo.

You need quality all over the park to win a flag, there's way to much made of "just get a good midfield and the rest will sort itself out".

If you go line by line over the field, there are not many players of there's who I would put on front of ours. Look at the gap between rioli and rankine FFS 😂

So looking forward to having Welsh in the team, was talking to one of his junior Eagles coach's a couple of weeks back and he is so bullish on Welsh, one of, if not the best he has coached he said, and I quote "he doesn't know how good he is, and when he does know he will be elite"

I haven't seen enough of him but there seems to be a theory he is not going to be tall enough to play a key forward role? It was mentioned that he was too similar to Fog?

Ugly:
Josh Rachele has been charged with umpire contact but has escaped suspension for an incident during the fourth quarter of Thursday night's Showdown.

Rachele was slapped with a fine after the Match Review Officer charged him with careless contact with an umpire.

The 21-year-old has been fined $1,875 ($1,250 with an early plea) following the Crows' 30-point win over the Power.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are closer to a flag than them imo.

You need quality all over the park to win a flag, there's way to much made of "just get a good midfield and the rest will sort itself out".

If you go line by line over the field, there are not many players of there's who I would put on front of ours. Look at the gap between rioli and rankine FFS 😂

Port's list management is very different to ours.

Port tend to pay overs to the top tier of their list while playing unders to the rest.

When players like Duursma and Amon hit that point where they're worth more Port let them leave and attempt to replace them through the draft.

It's an interesting strategy, but it means their depth falls away quickly.

Mchenry was shite..

What fxxkn game were you watching?..

Fumbled everything.. missed tackles.. handballed team mates into trouble.

Shite player.
McHenry did well in the 1st half. 2nd half made some bad decisions and exposed his decision making.

I wouldn't say he was good, but was far from shite. The problem with being a whipping boy, is you are looking for when they stuff up but miss the contribution.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

McHenry did well in the 1st half. 2nd half made some bad decisions and exposed his decision making.

I wouldn't say he was good, but was far from shite. The problem with being a whipping boy, is you are looking for when they stuff up but miss the contribution.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
The problem with McHenry was that he fumbled the ball, almost every time he attempted to take possession.

His only 2 good contributions were the block he put on, allowing Tex to bomb the ball through from 50m, and the charity goal he kicked in the 1st quarter. Beyond that, his fumbles cost us momentum time & time again, killing our fast ball movement while he tried to gather/control what he should have taken cleanly in the first place.

Hence Fumbly McFumbles.

Ken Hinkley 2024 "Im not a coward"

If history is any guide, this will not age well. :$

The doublespeak from Kern... :drunk: :drunk:

"yeah I made a mistake"

"It was clear and obvious... I seen it with my own eyes... He was good to play"

"I let Connor down letting him play"

"But Connor said he was 100% right to play... I seen all the things I needed to see""

Remove this Banner Ad

Back